|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the hunger artist's happiest moment with the overnight watchers?
(a) When they applaud.
(b) When they leave.
(c) When they are brought breakfast.
(d) When they offer him food.
2. In the prime days of the hunger artist, how often did people want to see him?
(a) Once a day.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once every hour.
3. What would the children do "for greater security" while watching the artist?
(a) Hide their eyes.
(b) Hide behind their mothers.
(c) Run away.
(d) Hold each others' hands.
4. The permanent watchers are a formality to reassure whom?
(a) The artist.
(b) The masses.
(c) The impresario.
(d) The children.
5. When would people buy season tickets for the artist's performance?
(a) The first days of the fast.
(b) The last month of the fast.
(c) The entire fast.
(d) The last few days of the fast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of view of "A Hunger Artist"?
2. What does the artist hold outside the bars from time to time?
3. How many doctors enter the cage to measure the results of the fast?
4. In what tense is "A Hunger Artist" written?
5. How does the artist feel about the bright light used by some watchers?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)