|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On fine days, where is the cage set?
(b) In the garden.
(c) On a roof.
(d) By the butterfly cages.
2. Who are the permanent watchers, usually?
(c) Candy salesmen.
3. Who pays for the breakfast brought to the watchers?
(a) The artist.
(b) The musicians.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The impresario.
4. What is the artist's cage bedecked with at the end of his fast?
5. According to the narrator, how did it used to pay very well to stage such performances?
(a) In the circus.
(b) In the town square.
(c) Under one's own management.
(d) In the theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who could watch the hunger artist continuously, day and night?
2. For whom is the hunger artist often just a joke that happens to be in fashion?
3. How does the artist feel about the bright light used by some watchers?
4. What is the only item of furniture in the cage?
5. Who selects the permanent watchers?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)