|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, how did it used to pay very well to stage such performances?
(a) Under one's own management.
(b) In the town square.
(c) In the theater.
(d) In the circus.
2. How are the results of the fast announced?
(a) By megaphone.
(b) By television.
(c) By microphone.
(d) By radio.
3. What does the artist feel the world is cheating him of for his achievement?
(a) His love.
(b) His money.
(c) His reward.
(d) His food.
4. Eventually, at the circus, the notice board does what?
(a) Falls away.
(b) Is eaten by a lion.
(c) Stay the same figure.
(d) Is ripped off the wall.
5. Why is the artist's troubled spirit all the more troubled?
(a) His lack of money.
(b) No one takes his trouble seriously.
(c) His utter loneliness.
(d) For constant hunger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What style embodies "A Hunger Artist"?
2. What does a passing father occasionally stop and point out to his children?
3. Where does the impresario hurry the artist to discover where interest might lay?
4. What does the overseer say once the artist has died?
5. "People grew ______ with the strange idea that they could be expected, in times like these, to take an interest in the hunger artist."
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)