|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When would people buy season tickets for the artist's performance?
(a) The first days of the fast.
(b) The last month of the fast.
(c) The entire fast.
(d) The last few days of the fast.
2. Those who want to stare at the artist at the circus do so not out of interest, but out of what?
(a) Seething self-righteousness.
(b) Obstinate self-assertiveness.
(c) Leering loathing.
(d) Stubborn desire.
3. What would the lax watchers do in a huddled corner?
(b) Play cards.
(c) Play dice.
4. How does the artist feel about the roaring at feeding times?
(a) It depresses him.
(b) It overjoys him.
(c) It enrages him.
(d) It hungers him.
5. "A large _____ with its enormous traffic in replacing and recruiting men, animals and apparatus can always find use for people at any time."
(a) Vaudeville show.
Short Answer Questions
1. The children who see the artist at the circus are what?
2. Everywhere, "as if by secret agreement, a positive ______ from professional fasting was in evidence."
3. What does the hunger artist always feel he is being cheated from doing?
4. The interest of the public is stimulated by a steadily increasing pressure of what?
5. As the artist fasts on and on, what is it to him?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)