|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the prime days of the hunger artist, how often did people want to see him?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Once every hour.
2. Where could the hunger artist barely show himself?
(a) School shows.
(b) The circus.
(d) Village fairs.
3. What food is brought to the creature in the cage who replaces the artist?
(a) Food he likes.
(b) Live chickens.
(c) Food he hates.
(d) The bones of the artist.
4. What is the hunger artist's happiest moment with the overnight watchers?
(a) When they offer him food.
(b) When they leave.
(c) When they are brought breakfast.
(d) When they applaud.
5. Contrary to people's regard, the hunger artist states that he could do what if given the opportunity at the circus?
(a) Learn to walk the tightrope.
(b) Establish a record never yet achieved.
(c) Walk on fire.
(d) Quit starving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the impresario secretly do to the hunger artist as he lifts him?
2. What cannot hold out against the fact that the crowds are on their way only to the menagerie?
3. Who is bound to be the sole, completely satisfied spectator of the artist's fast?
4. Why does the artist reply that he "can't help it" in speaking to the overseer?
5. "The pampered hunger artist suddenly found himself deserted one day by the _____________."
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)