|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the stragglers do when passing the artist's cage in the circus?
(a) Stand a long time.
(b) Hardly glance at him.
(c) Give him money.
(d) Wait for him to talk.
2. What cannot hold out against the fact that the crowds are on their way only to the menagerie?
(a) Innate unknowing.
(b) Desperate facade.
(c) Obstinate self-deception.
(d) Manic necessity.
3. The narrator writes that "during these last _____ an interest in professional fasting has diminished."
4. What is the artist's manager called?
(a) The kaiser.
(b) The impresario.
(c) The heife.
(d) The voltar.
5. Which watchers are more to the taste of the hunger artist?
(a) Those who cry at his pain.
(b) Those who sit close to the bars.
(c) Those who offer him food.
(d) Those who play cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what circumstances does the circus make use of the hunger artist?
2. Who takes leave of the impresario?
3. The interest of the public is stimulated by a steadily increasing pressure of what?
4. What does the hunger artist always feel he is being cheated from doing?
5. In what tense is "A Hunger Artist" written?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)