|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the limit set on the artist's fasts?
(a) The artist refuses to keep going.
(b) The artist would die.
(c) The audience loses interest after that time.
(d) The artist would collapse.
2. According to the narrator, it is not only the artist that is taken on but what as well?
(a) His famous name.
(b) His strength.
(c) His impresario.
(d) His martyrdom.
3. What incomprehensible boast of the artist's does the impresario mention to the public?
(a) That he wants a wife.
(b) That he could fast longer.
(c) That he wants freedom.
(d) That he is hungry.
4. What does the artist, who has longed for these audience viewings at the circus, come to do?
(a) Shrink from them.
(b) Ask to be freed.
(c) Ask for money.
(d) Want them more and more.
5. Where, in regard to the ring, is the artist stationed?
(a) In the middle.
(d) Front and center.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the artist's manager called?
2. What will surely come into fashion at a later date?
3. The passing father might tell his children of "earlier years when he had watched similar but ___________ performances."
4. How long does the artist carry on in this way, with small intervals of recuperation?
5. What does the artist do when someone would suggest his melancholy is probably caused by his fasting?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)