|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is seeing the hunger artist a special treat?
(b) The elderly.
2. To what is a toast drunk after the artist is released?
(a) The women.
(b) The impresario.
(c) The artist.
(d) The public.
3. How many doctors enter the cage to measure the results of the fast?
4. What is the hunger artist stationed next to at the circus?
(a) The freak show.
(b) The tightropes.
(c) The trampoline.
(d) The animal cages.
5. When does the lack of interest of the public seem to take hold?
(a) Gradually over years.
(b) As the radio is introduced.
(c) Almost overnight.
(d) As the tightrope walkers enter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the artist do when someone would suggest his melancholy is probably caused by his fasting?
2. What, in his zeal, does the hunger artist conveniently forget in talking to the circus professionals?
3. Who could produce first-hand evidence that the fast has really been rigorous and continuous?
4. The permanent watchers are a formality to reassure whom?
5. Why does the impresario suggest the artist's behavior is to be excused?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)