|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who could watch the hunger artist continuously, day and night?
(a) The reporter.
(b) The cameras.
(c) No one.
(d) The impresario.
2. What lights the stage of the artist at night?
(a) A spotlight.
(d) Torch flares.
3. "A large _____ with its enormous traffic in replacing and recruiting men, animals and apparatus can always find use for people at any time."
(c) Vaudeville show.
4. Why is the limit set on the artist's fasts?
(a) The audience loses interest after that time.
(b) The artist refuses to keep going.
(c) The artist would die.
(d) The artist would collapse.
5. In the prime days of the hunger artist, how often did people want to see him?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once every hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Time and time again in good faith the artist stands by the bars doing what?
2. Who would burst into tears at the release of the artist?
3. According to the narrator, it is not only the artist that is taken on but what as well?
4. What, in his zeal, does the hunger artist conveniently forget in talking to the circus professionals?
5. From what day of the fast are the photographs taken?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)