|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the artist stubbornly refuse to do at the last moment of his fast?
(c) Stand up.
2. How is the artist found in his cage at the circus?
(a) The impresario finds him.
(b) The attendants call his name.
(c) He calls for help.
(d) The attendants poke the straw with a stick.
3. How does the impresario feel about his method of punishments?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He enjoys it.
(c) He longs for it.
(d) He feels obligated.
4. How is the artist's performance affected by his advancing age?
(a) It is more desperate.
(b) It is more difficult.
(c) It is not impaired.
(d) It is easier.
5. How is the creature in the cage's body described at the end of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the artist reply that he "can't help it" in speaking to the overseer?
2. From what day of the fast are the photographs taken?
3. Who can hardly understand the artist's temperament, according to the impresario?
4. How does the impresario punish the artist's rages?
5. How does the creature who replaces the artist feel about its freedom?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)