|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the artist found in his cage at the circus?
(a) The impresario finds him.
(b) He calls for help.
(c) The attendants call his name.
(d) The attendants poke the straw with a stick.
2. With the people's expectation of the artist, the verdict goes in what way for the artist?
(c) To the distaste.
(d) To favor.
3. When the watchers are invited to take on a night's vigil without a breakfast, what do they do?
(a) Lie about the artist.
(b) Get angry.
(c) Make themselves scarce.
(d) Insist on money.
4. What is one reason the hunger artist cannot adopt another profession?
(a) He is too poor.
(b) He is unskilled.
(c) He is too old.
(d) He can't read.
5. What is the term referring to literature which shares a mood of impending doom, nightmarish narration, and a bleak and senseless complexity?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the permanent watchers, usually?
2. How does the impresario punish the artist's rages?
3. When the great rush is past, who comes along the cage at the circus?
4. It is not easy for onlookers "to stand in the ____ of it" regarding the beast at the end of the story.
5. What does the artist feel the world is cheating him of for his achievement?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)