|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where could the hunger artist barely show himself?
(a) The circus.
(b) School shows.
(c) Village fairs.
2. Of those who pass his cage daily at the circus, how many might take an interest in the artist?
(a) One or two.
3. Under what circumstances does the circus make use of the hunger artist?
(a) He doesn't ask much.
(b) He is not paid.
(c) He behaves.
(d) He feeds the animals.
4. What is the hunger artist stationed next to at the circus?
(a) The trampoline.
(b) The tightropes.
(c) The animal cages.
(d) The freak show.
5. Time and time again in good faith the artist stands by the bars doing what?
(a) Crying like a child.
(b) Listening to the impresario.
(c) Screaming madly.
(d) Feeling in agony.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the artist feel about the roaring at feeding times?
2. Why does the artist tell the overseer they should not admire his fasting?
3. What would the lax watchers do in a huddled corner?
4. What is the term referring to literature which shares a mood of impending doom, nightmarish narration, and a bleak and senseless complexity?
5. To what is a toast drunk after the artist is released?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)