|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The passerby's joking is, in its way, the "stupidest lie ever invented by _____ and inborn malice."
2. What is the rare stroke of luck the artist encounters at the circus?
(a) A poor soul drops him bread.
(b) He is fed.
(c) A father stops with his children.
(d) An animal is freed.
3. Who pays for the breakfast brought to the watchers?
(a) The impresario.
(b) The musicians.
(c) The artist.
(d) The mayor.
4. "What were they (the children) to care about ______?"
5. What does the impresario bring out to show the audience?
(a) Photographs of the nearly dead artist.
(b) Photographs of the artist eating.
(c) Photographs of the healthy artist.
(d) Souvenir post cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is carried past the cage for the beasts of prey?
2. Why does the impresario suggest the artist's behavior is to be excused?
3. What does the passerby make merry and speak of?
4. What, in his zeal, does the hunger artist conveniently forget in talking to the circus professionals?
5. What does the hunger artist alone know?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)