Essay Topics/Writing Assignments
These 20 essay questions can be used as essay questions on a test, or as stand-alone essay topics for a take-home or in-class writing assignment. Students should have a full understanding of the text in order to answer these questions. They ask for a thorough analysis of the text.
1. What is the tense and voice of "A Hunger Artist"? Define these terms in your answer. Describe whose point of view the story follows and why.
2. Describe the character of the artist. Why does he pursue his line of art? What is his satisfaction in it?
3. Discuss the different interpretations of the story "A Hunger Artist." What do each of these imply is the meaning of Kafka's work?
4. Discuss the term "Kafkaesque." What qualities does work of this style and or mood convey?
5. Discuss "A Hunger Artist "in terms...
This section contains 471 words|
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)