• As the story opens, Daisy says she's arrives in London expecting her Aunt Penn will meet her at the airport but she's met by her fourteen-year-old cousin, Edmond, who is smoking a cigarette and driving.
• Daisy is amazed by the huge, rambling farmhouse and all the animals, and she meets her other cousins, Edmond's twin Isaac, Osbert, and Piper.
• Daisy notes that she feels safer in that house than she has in a long time though she would soon find herself in danger.
• Daisy wakes from a long nap to discover she has no cell phone service.
• Daisy reveals a strained relationship with her stepmother, who she calls Davina the Diabolical, and who is expecting a baby.
• Daisy says there has been a great deal of discussion about war.
• Aunt Penn returns home and asks about Daisy's life.
• Aunt Penn is the sister of...
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)