|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the police release Behrani with no charges against him?
(a) Kathy corroborated his story.
(b) Lester has corroborated his story.
(c) They believed him without corroboration.
(d) Witnesses corroborated his story.
2. How does Lester decide that the Behranis have not harmed Kathy?
(a) Kathy tells him.
(b) Lester sees no effects of violence on Kathy.
(c) Kathy is ashamed of herself.
(d) Their story convinces him.
3. If the Behranis agree to leave the house, why won't Lester's problems be resolved?
(a) Because they could bring criminal charges against him.
(b) Because they will remember what he has done and dislike him.
(c) Because Kathy will disapprove of him.
(d) Because they might tell his wife and family.
4. How does Lester feel about his wife?
(a) He hates her.
(b) He admires her.
(c) He is disgusted by her.
(d) He feels indifferent to her.
5. What new crimes has Lester now committed as he locks the Behrani family in the bathroom?
(a) Extortion and robbery.
(b) Assault and battery.
(c) Assault with a deadly weapon and false imprisonment.
(d) Burglary and blackmail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nadereh try to reassure Esmail regarding the situation with Lester while they are locked in the bathroom?
2. Why hasn't Lester told Esmail the gun was empty?
3. What worries Behrani most about Lester's behavior as he breaks into their house?
4. How does Kathy say she feels about herself now that she is safe in bed inside the house?
5. What does Lester pray for while he waits in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kathy feel as she goes back into the house to wait for Lester?
2. Who does Lester want to call from jail and what does he plan to say?
3. What is nazr?
4. Why does Lester feel like a fraud?
5. Nadereh berates Behrani while he repairs her mother's table, but he lets her insults "pass over like training jets with no ammunition." Why doesn't he respond to her tirade, and what does she finally say that causes him to enter the argument?
6. How do his fellow officers feel about Lester after he has been arrested?
7. After Esmail has been shot, the shooting officer looks at Lester. He needs a critical piece of information and Lester doesn't have it, either. What is that piece of information?
8. Why does Lester feel that his anger, which is leaving him in the Behrani house, is something precious that he needs?
9. Why does Kathy feel a sense of unreality while she is in the hospital?
10. What is Connie Walsh's planned defense for Kathy?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)