|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about the Orion Room that makes Kathy dizzy?
(a) She has had too much to drink.
(b) The whole room revolves.
(c) She has been smoking on an empty stomach.
(d) She suddenly feels guilty.
2. Why is Lester upset when Kathy finds him waiting at the fish camp?
(a) His wife has already sued for his property.
(b) His wife has already got custody of his children.
(c) His wife has already left their home.
(d) His wife has already petitioned for dissolution of their marriage.
3. What is Behrani's response when Connie Walsh tells him that Kathy has been wronged?
(a) "I am sorry for her, but I cannot help her."
(b) "She deserves it."
(c) "I am being wronged."
(d) "I will help her if I can."
4. What is the Enemy Voice?
(b) Family criticism.
(d) Temptation to do yourself harm.
5. What two jobs is Behrani quitting?
(a) The highway department and the convenience store.
(b) The tomato plant and the highway department.
(c) The convenience store and the city park.
(d) The army and the real estate office.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Behrani respond when passersby stare at him?
2. What animal is killed to celebrate the Behranis' marriage in Iran?
3. How is Kathy injured when she goes to the house?
4. What is Behrani's business as a colonel in Iran?
5. Why does Nadereh hang the photo of Behrani with the shah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Behrani regret that he will soon sell the house?
2. In the interview with Connie Walsh, what does she indicate that Behrani should do?
3. How does Kathy feel about her drinking when she is in the motel with Lester, and why is it important to the story?
4. Why is Behrani quitting both his jobs?
5. Why is Kathy upset about the utility bills she gets in the mail?
6. Why does Behrani feel that Soraya is right to disrespect him when he notices her behavior during her homecoming party?
7. What is the BEAST that Kathy has been taught to avoid?
8. Why does Kathy say she feels like a witch waiting for her brew to take effect?
9. How does the letter from Connie Walsh change the way Behrani is feeling?
10. Why is Kathy surprised when the officers come to evict her from her home?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)