|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kathy feel suicidal while she's driving the Bonneville?
(a) She is remorseful about Lester's family dissolving.
(b) She's remorseful about drinking again.
(c) She is remorseful about the pain she's causing the Behrani family.
(d) She's remorseful about the shame she's caused her brother.
2. What does Connie Walsh say is Kathy's only recourse now that they know that Behrani will not give up the house?
(a) Hire someone to intimidate Behrani.
(b) Talk directly to Behrani and try to convince him to leave.
(c) Call the sheriff to evict the Behranis.
(d) Sue the county for the value of the house.
3. What does Connie Walsh say would be the best outcome of the situation with the house?
(a) Behrani would rescind the sale and the county would return his money.
(b) Kathy would be compensated for her inconvenience.
(c) The county would help Kathy find a comparable house.
(d) Behrani would get full market value from the county.
4. Why does Esmail become angry with his father?
(a) He wants to invite his friends to his house.
(b) He doesn't want to move.
(c) He wants to go home to Iran.
(d) His father won't buy him things he wants.
5. What animal is killed to celebrate the Behranis' marriage in Iran?
(a) A goat.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A calf.
(d) A pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lester upset when Kathy finds him waiting at the fish camp?
2. Where do Kathy and Lester spend the night together?
3. Why does Behmani call Esmail a chicken?
4. Why does Behrani's uncle kill Jasmeen?
5. Why doesn't Kathy explain the house situation to Frank?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Behrani feel that Soraya is right to disrespect him when he notices her behavior during her homecoming party?
2. Why does Behrani say that he is not a man of faith?
3. When Behrani visualizes their happy future in America, his imagination goes beyond reality. What does he visualize that will never be possible?
4. What happens to Behrani's cousin Jasmeen, and why is he unable to forget it?
5. When Kathy explains her need to keep the house to Nadereh, what is Nadereh's concern?
6. Why does Behrani ask Kathy if she thinks he is stupid?
7. Why does Behrani regret that he will soon sell the house?
8. How is Kathy like Behrani in her outlook on life?
9. In the first meeting between Behrani and Kathy, what does he advise her to do?
10. Why does Kathy feel superior to the everyday people she sees on the street?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)