|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kathy feel suicidal while she's driving the Bonneville?
(a) She is remorseful about Lester's family dissolving.
(b) She's remorseful about drinking again.
(c) She's remorseful about the shame she's caused her brother.
(d) She is remorseful about the pain she's causing the Behrani family.
2. How does Behrani break the law when he sees Kathy at his house talking to Nadereh?
(a) He threatens her and hits her.
(b) He threatens her.
(c) He hits her.
(d) He shakes her and shoves her into her car.
3. Why does Nadereh call Behmani a chicken?
(a) She thinks his legs are too thin.
(b) It is a term of endearment.
(c) She thinks he's a coward.
(d) She thinks he's flighty and undependable.
4. Why has Behrani been worried that Nadereh would object to the widow's walk?
(a) The idea of a widow's walk seems ominous to her.
(b) She didn't want to spend money on the house if they planned to move.
(c) The stair to it blocks the view from the kitchen window.
(d) It was too expensive.
5. Why does Nadereh ask Kathy to write the things she has told her during their visit?
(a) She wants to show the sheriff.
(b) She wants to show her husband.
(c) She wants to have written proof.
(d) She understands written English better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Behrani shave and change clothes before going home from work?
2. Why does Kathy think Mrs. Behrani is like Kathy's mother?
3. Why does Behrani say he never shares his worries with Nadereh?
4. What does Connie Walsh say is Kathy's only recourse now that they know that Behrani will not give up the house?
5. Why is Behrani comfortable in the sheriff's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Behrani say that he is not a man of faith?
2. Why is Nadereh happier in the little house than she had been in the expensive apartment?
3. Why does Kathy feel superior to the everyday people she sees on the street?
4. What does Esmail advise his father to do after Lester's threatening visit?
5. In the interview with Connie Walsh, what does she indicate that Behrani should do?
6. Why does Kathy say she feels like a witch waiting for her brew to take effect?
7. What is the BEAST that Kathy has been taught to avoid?
8. In the first meeting between Behrani and Kathy, what does he advise her to do?
9. Do you think Lester's advice to Kathy when he helps her after the eviction is correct?
10. Why does Lester believe Behrani deserves to be punished by him?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)