|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kathy call her brother Frank?
(a) She hopes he will invite her to move back to Boston.
(b) She hopes he will send her money.
(c) She hopes he will explain the situation to their mother.
(d) She hopes he will help her get the house back.
2. What does Connie Walsh say would be the best outcome of the situation with the house?
(a) Behrani would get full market value from the county.
(b) The county would help Kathy find a comparable house.
(c) Kathy would be compensated for her inconvenience.
(d) Behrani would rescind the sale and the county would return his money.
3. What does Kathy want that her husband Nick doesn't want her to have?
(b) A dog.
(c) A vacation.
(d) A better house.
4. Why does Behrani believe that his daughter Soraya no longer respects him during her homecoming party?
(a) She speaks rudely to him.
(b) She tries to impress her in-laws with memories of Iran.
(c) She ignores him altogether.
(d) She boasts of her father-in-law's fortune.
5. What news from Kathy's mother comes in the mail?
(a) She wants Kathy to come home for a visit.
(b) She is coming to visit her on Labor Day.
(c) She wants Kathy to call her.
(d) She is sending Kathy airplane tickets.
6. Why is Behrani comfortable in the sheriff's office?
(a) He knows men in uniforms don't lie.
(b) It is air conditioned.
(c) He believes they are men of duty and discipline.
(d) He thinks marble halls are beautiful.
7. How long does Kathy keep her vow to herself not to drink anymore?
(a) An hour.
(b) All night.
(c) All week.
(d) All day.
8. Why doesn't Behrani ever worry about his wife's housekeeping?
(a) He is too preoccupied to notice such things.
(b) He knows she will be angry if he inspects her work.
(c) He has much bigger problems.
(d) She keeps every room spotless every day.
9. Why does Esmail become angry with his father?
(a) He wants to invite his friends to his house.
(b) His father won't buy him things he wants.
(c) He wants to go home to Iran.
(d) He doesn't want to move.
10. What is Behrani's response when Connie Walsh tells him that Kathy has been wronged?
(a) "I am sorry for her, but I cannot help her."
(b) "I will help her if I can."
(c) "She deserves it."
(d) "I am being wronged."
11. How does Kathy first learn that Lester is married?
(a) He tells her.
(b) His wife calls while they are talking.
(c) She sees his children's toys in the back seat.
(d) She sees his wedding band.
12. How is Kathy injured when she goes to the house?
(a) She trips on the carpenters' tools.
(b) She cuts her arm on broken window glass.
(c) She steps on nails.
(d) She steps into a hole and twists her ankle.
13. To what substances is Kathy addicted?
(a) Cocaine, tobacco, and alcohol.
(b) Marijuana and heroin.
(c) Coffee and chocolate.
(d) Sleeping pills and anti-depressants.
14. How does Nadereh react when her husband assaults Kathy?
(a) She helps him.
(b) She gets in the car with Kathy.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She begs him to stop.
15. What does HALT mean?
(a) Stop taking drugs.
(b) Stop drinking.
(c) Stop abusing your body and leaving town.
(d) Be careful if you are hungry, angry, lonely, or tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Behrani break the law when he sees Kathy at his house talking to Nadereh?
2. Why does Behrani shave and change clothes before going home from work?
3. How does Behrani learn that Kathy came to the house?
4. Why does Behrani buy a wrecking bar?
5. Why does Behmani call Esmail a chicken?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)