|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Section 53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the county claim Kathy owes them?
(a) Five thousand dollars.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
2. How does Lester decide that the Behranis have not harmed Kathy?
(a) Kathy tells him.
(b) Lester sees no effects of violence on Kathy.
(c) Their story convinces him.
(d) Kathy is ashamed of herself.
3. Why does Esmail say they are behaving like thugs?
(a) They have threatened Kathy.
(b) They have been rude to Lester.
(c) They are refusing to return Kathy's house.
(d) They have treated Kathy unkindly.
4. Why is Behrani worried that Esmail is alone with a visitor during Soraya's homecoming party?
(a) He is afraid he will tell that they are no longer rich.
(b) He is afraid that he will tell about his father's jobs.
(c) He is afraid that he will tell about his mother's illness.
(d) He is afraid he will tell about Kathy's visit.
5. How does Alvarez punish Lester's threatening the Behranis?
(a) An oral reprimand.
(b) One year's suspension.
(c) Six months' suspension.
(d) Formal charges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Behrani instruct Esmail to do when they go into the boy's room?
2. What are the Behranis preparing to celebrate when Behrani learns that Kathy has come to the house?
3. What does Lester try to convince Kathy to do now that they have held the Behrani family overnight?
4. Why do the police release Behrani with no charges against him?
5. What does Kathy do to try to help Nadereh while she sleeps?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)