|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Section 21 | Part I: Section 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a najar?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A real estate agent.
2. What does Connie Walsh say is Kathy's only recourse now that they know that Behrani will not give up the house?
(a) Talk directly to Behrani and try to convince him to leave.
(b) Call the sheriff to evict the Behranis.
(c) Hire someone to intimidate Behrani.
(d) Sue the county for the value of the house.
3. Why does Nadereh hang the photo of Behrani with the shah?
(a) Because the colors blend well with the furniture.
(b) To intimidate Kathy.
(c) To frighten their visitors.
(d) To remind their new relatives that they are important people.
4. What does the letter from Connie Walsh advise the Behranis to do?
(a) Sell the house immediately.
(b) Take the house off the market.
(c) Prepare to vacate the house.
(d) Expect their check to be returned.
5. Why does Behrani believe that it is immigrants who excel in the United States?
(a) They have support from affirmative action.
(b) They know opportunity when they see it.
(c) They have more help from the government.
(d) They are more intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What American saying is similar to, "If there is no snake at your feet, do not lift rocks at the side of the road"?
2. What does Connie Walsh say would be the best outcome of the situation with the house?
3. What news from Kathy's mother comes in the mail?
4. What does HALT mean?
5. What wrongdoing does Lester admit to Kathy during their dinner in the Orion Room?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)