|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Section 21 | Part I: Section 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kathy being evicted from her house?
(a) Because of a clerical error.
(b) Because she failed to pay rent.
(c) Because she failed to pay taxes.
(d) Because she had a criminal record.
2. Why is Behrani worried that Esmail is alone with a visitor during Soraya's homecoming party?
(a) He is afraid that he will tell about his father's jobs.
(b) He is afraid he will tell that they are no longer rich.
(c) He is afraid that he will tell about his mother's illness.
(d) He is afraid he will tell about Kathy's visit.
3. What does HALT mean?
(a) Be careful if you are hungry, angry, lonely, or tired.
(b) Stop taking drugs.
(c) Stop abusing your body and leaving town.
(d) Stop drinking.
4. What wrongdoing does Lester admit to Kathy during their dinner in the Orion Room?
(a) He slept with women besides his wife.
(b) He lied to his children.
(c) He lied to his partner.
(d) He planted evidence.
5. What is Behrani's business as a colonel in Iran?
(a) He was the shah's personal assistant.
(b) He was a diplomat.
(c) He worked with the secret police.
(d) He purchased fighter jets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kathy lie to Lester about when he asks her what she learned from Connie Walsh?
2. How long does Kathy keep her vow to herself not to drink anymore?
3. What does Behrani's wife do now for only the third time since they arrived in America?
4. Why does Behrani shave and change clothes before going home from work?
5. What lie does Behrani tell Esmail when he explains how Kathy lost the house?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)