|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Section 13 | Part I: Section 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Kathy injured when she goes to the house?
(a) She steps into a hole and twists her ankle.
(b) She steps on nails.
(c) She cuts her arm on broken window glass.
(d) She trips on the carpenters' tools.
2. When Kathy tells Lester she is staying at the Bonneville, what is she talking about?
(a) The house where she worked as a housecleaner.
(b) Her car.
(c) The motel.
(d) Her friend's house.
3. Why does Kathy feel better realizing that Lester is married?
(a) He won't demand a long-term relationship.
(b) It shows he is a steady, dependable person.
(c) He is less likely to have AIDS.
(d) She hates his wife.
4. How much will Behrani make if he sells the house for its appraised value?
(a) Three times what he paid for it.
(b) Four times what he paid for it.
(c) Less than he paid for it.
(d) Twice what he paid for it.
5. How much money does the county claim Kathy owes them?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Five thousand dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kathy say about the Behranis in her house?
2. What animal is killed to celebrate the Behranis' marriage in Iran?
3. Why does Behrani shave and change clothes before going home from work?
4. What is a najar?
5. What is a widow's walk?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)