|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Section 13 | Part I: Section 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Behrani learn that Kathy came to the house?
(a) The carpenters tell him.
(b) Esmail tells him.
(c) His wife tells him
(d) He finds the blood on the board with the nails.
2. What is a najar?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A real estate agent.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A carpenter.
3. What does Connie Walsh say would be the best outcome of the situation with the house?
(a) The county would help Kathy find a comparable house.
(b) Kathy would be compensated for her inconvenience.
(c) Behrani would rescind the sale and the county would return his money.
(d) Behrani would get full market value from the county.
4. Why does Nadereh dress up on the same day?
(a) She wants to impress Behrani.
(b) She wants to impress Kathy.
(c) She wants to look as good as her husband.
(d) She is happy about the party she is planning.
5. Why does Kathy feel better realizing that Lester is married?
(a) It shows he is a steady, dependable person.
(b) She hates his wife.
(c) He is less likely to have AIDS.
(d) He won't demand a long-term relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter from Connie Walsh advise the Behranis to do?
2. Who does Nadereh think Kathy is when she first meets her?
3. Why does Behrani wear his best clothes for the appointment with Connie Walsh?
4. What does Kathy say about the Behranis in her house?
5. How does Behrani respond when passersby stare at him?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)