|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Section 9 | Part I: Section 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kathy think Mrs. Behrani is like Kathy's mother?
(a) She sings to her.
(b) She cooks like her mother.
(c) She takes her to the hospital.
(d) She looks disapprovingly at her skimpy clothing.
2. Why does Behrani maintain an expensive apartment although his income is low?
(a) Because he doesn't understand money.
(b) Because he has signed an extended lease.
(c) To impress his daughter's potential husbands.
(d) To impress his son's high school friends.
3. Why does Esmail become angry with his father?
(a) He wants to invite his friends to his house.
(b) He doesn't want to move.
(c) His father won't buy him things he wants.
(d) He wants to go home to Iran.
4. What advice does Lester Burdon give Kathy regarding her house?
(a) Break into the house and force the Behranis out.
(b) Keep your head; wait for the law; don't go to the house.
(c) Move in with him.
(d) Forget the house and look for a new one.
5. How does Kathy first learn that Lester is married?
(a) He tells her.
(b) She sees his wedding band.
(c) His wife calls while they are talking.
(d) She sees his children's toys in the back seat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a najar?
2. How is Kathy injured when she goes to the house?
3. Who owns half of Kathy's house?
4. What animal is killed to celebrate the Behranis' marriage in Iran?
5. When Kathy tells Lester she is staying at the Bonneville, what is she talking about?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)