|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Section 17 | Part I: Section 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Kathy injured when she goes to the house?
(a) She steps on nails.
(b) She steps into a hole and twists her ankle.
(c) She trips on the carpenters' tools.
(d) She cuts her arm on broken window glass.
2. Why does Behrani wear his best clothes for the appointment with Connie Walsh?
(a) He considers it important business.
(b) He wants to appear wealthy.
(c) He wants to seem aggressive.
(d) He wants to be handsome.
3. What does Behrani's wife do now for only the third time since they arrived in America?
(a) She fixes his favorite dessert.
(b) She invites him into her room.
(c) She buys new clothes for him.
(d) She prepares a special dinner.
4. When Connie Walsh tells Kathy that Behrani is willing to sell the house, what important factor does she omit?
(a) She must agree to leave the Behrani family alone.
(b) She must agree not to trespass until they move.
(c) He will not sell for at least a year.
(d) He will only sell for full market value.
5. What advice does Lester Burdon give Kathy regarding her house?
(a) Break into the house and force the Behranis out.
(b) Keep your head; wait for the law; don't go to the house.
(c) Forget the house and look for a new one.
(d) Move in with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Behrani believe that it is immigrants who excel in the United States?
2. Why does Esmail become angry with his father?
3. How does Behrani respond when passersby stare at him?
4. Who does Nadereh think Kathy is when she first meets her?
5. How does Behrani learn that Kathy came to the house?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)