|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Section 17 | Part I: Section 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two jobs is Behrani quitting?
(a) The tomato plant and the highway department.
(b) The highway department and the convenience store.
(c) The army and the real estate office.
(d) The convenience store and the city park.
2. How is Kathy injured when she goes to the house?
(a) She cuts her arm on broken window glass.
(b) She steps on nails.
(c) She steps into a hole and twists her ankle.
(d) She trips on the carpenters' tools.
3. What does Kathy say to Behrani when they meet for the first time?
(a) "I will sell the house and divide the money with you."
(b) "You can't make money on this. It's not right."
(c) "I don't need the house any longer."
(d) "You obviously have plenty of money already."
4. What are the Behranis preparing to celebrate when Behrani learns that Kathy has come to the house?
(a) Their anniversary.
(b) The return of their daughter and her husband from their honeymoon.
(c) The anniversary of their arrival in the United States.
(d) Esmail's birthday
5. How does Connie Walsh plan to help Kathy?
(a) By placing her in a rehabilitation program.
(b) By evicting the Behrani family.
(c) By getting the county to rescind the sale or filing a lawsuit against them.
(d) By helping her to find another house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kathy think Mrs. Behrani is like Kathy's mother?
2. Why are Lester and Kathy both homeless?
3. How does Behrani learn that Kathy came to the house?
4. What does Behrani's wife do now for only the third time since they arrived in America?
5. How does Behrani respond when passersby stare at him?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)