|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Neville traveling to while staying at the hotel?
2. Where did Edith and Mr. Neville walk to after their lunch together?
(a) To the salon.
(b) Up a large hill.
(c) To the bookstore.
(d) To town.
3. Who turned down many offers of marriage because her mother didn't approve of the man?
4. Which category does Edith say that she belongs to?
5. Who does Edith see siting alone in the salon on the morning of her departure?
(b) Mme. de Bonnevil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Edith visit to contemplate her wedding?
2. How does Edith look on her wedding day?
3. What always gives Edith an appetite?
4. Why has Mr. Neville decided to stay at the hotel longer?
5. Where does Edith find Geoffrey at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mr. Neville staying at the hotel?
2. What happened with Mr. Neville's wife?
3. What does Edith tell David in her letter to him in Chapter 12?
4. Who does Edith compare Jennifer to in her mind during Iris's birthday party?
5. Why does Edith not marry Mr. Neville and what are her new plans?
6. What does Mr. Neville say that the secret to contentment is?
7. Why does Edith agree to marry Geoffrey?
8. What does Edith dislike about her future bedroom?
9. What did Mr. Neville say about Edith's life in London?
10. List all of the descriptive words that are used to describe Edith on the boat.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)