|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which category does Edith say that she belongs to?
2. What is Iris's dinner table covered in on her birthday?
3. What does Edith change into in order to go to town to get some coffee?
(a) A dress.
(c) A sweat suit.
(d) Walking Shoes.
4. How old is Jennifer?
5. Edith felt that Mr. Neville was sure to have a what in his house?
(b) A pool table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jennifer tell Edith that she needs while they are sitting together in Jennifer's room?
2. What did Edith hear David ask his wife?
3. When Edith says, "While people expect writers to entertain them ..." how does she finish the sentence?
4. Why does Edith feel uneasy on the boat?
5. What did Edith eat for dinner the night of Iris's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is all of the commotion in the Pusey's room?
2. What are the preparations that were made for Iris's birthday party?
3. What does Edith say the man will have to be like for Jennifer to marry him?
4. Why does Mr. Neville tell Edith to walk around the deck?
5. What does Edith say about categories that writers are put in?
6. Who does Edith compare Jennifer to in her mind during Iris's birthday party?
7. What does Iris say about Edith's new haircut?
8. Why does Edith not marry Mr. Neville and what are her new plans?
9. What does Mr. Neville say that the secret to contentment is?
10. List all of the descriptive words that are used to describe Edith on the boat.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)