|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mr. Nevile's wife go?
(a) She is in a coma at a hospital.
(b) She fell ill and died.
(c) She moved back in with her parents.
(d) She ran away with another man.
2. What does Mr. Neville have a collection of?
(a) Crystal vases.
(b) Famille rose dishes.
(c) Silver settings.
(d) China dishes.
3. How old is Iris Pusey?
4. Who does Edith help to the dining room?
(d) Mne. de Bonnevil
5. Where was Edith's wedding ceremony to take place?
(a) A sandy beach.
(b) A church.
(c) Registry Office.
(d) City hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Edith feel uneasy on the boat?
2. What will Edith's new house not have once she is married?
3. What do Monica and Iris discuss at Iris's birthday party?
4. Edith felt that Mr. Neville was sure to have a what in his house?
5. Who arrives halfway through Edith's last dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edith tell David in her letter to him in Chapter 12?
2. When Edith asks Mr. Neville if he loves her, what is his response?
3. List all of the descriptive words that are used to describe Edith on the boat.
4. Why is Mr. Neville staying at the hotel?
5. What does Edith do for Mme. de Bonnevil?
6. What did Mr. Neville say about Edith's life in London?
7. How does Edith feel about entering the married life?
8. What does Edith say about categories that writers are put in?
9. What does Edith say the man will have to be like for Jennifer to marry him?
10. Why was Edith disturbed with Iris after the commotion?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)