|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edith tell Monica about Jennifer?
(a) Edith tells Monica that she really likes Jennifer.
(b) Edith tells Monica that she doesn't like Jennifer.
(c) Edith tells Monica that she is jealous of Jennifer.
(d) Edith tells Monica that she cannot understand Jennifer.
2. What is the name of the woman who has carried around a dog, nameless up to this point in the story?
3. What is wrong with Monica's health?
(a) Monica is pregnant.
(b) Monica has cancer.
(c) Monica has an eating disorder.
(d) Monica has diabetes.
4. How did Penelope know David?
(a) Penelope was neighbors with David.
(b) Penelope's brother was friends with David.
(c) Penelope used to date David.
(d) Penelope had gone to school with David's wife.
5. Why is Edith disturbed with Jennifer overall?
(a) Jennifer is mean and rude to Edith.
(b) Jennifer kicked the dog.
(c) Jennifer refuses any type of friendship with Edith.
(d) Jennifer likes David too.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Iris treat Jennifer in general?
2. How does Jennifer act in general?
3. Iris sees Monica as a what?
4. What does Edith buy when she goes shopping?
5. What did Mr. Pusey used to say when he was alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Edith meet David?
2. What does Monica tell Edith about Mme. de Bonnevil and her son?
3. What is the problem with Monica's health?
4. Describe how Mrs. Pusey was taken care of by her late husband?
5. Describe a woman that would be considered a hare by Edith.
6. What does Edith say n her letter to David about shopping?
7. What does Edith think about the dynamics of the relationship between Iris and Jennifer Pusey?
8. Name three amenities that the Hotel du Lac does not have that many other hotels do.
9. Why does Edith hear a scream from the Pusey room?
10. What is David's wife's reaction to him hinting that he is cheating on her?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)