|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Monica's husband want?
(a) An affair.
(b) A divorce.
(c) A dog.
(d) An heir.
2. Penelope and Edith are what?
(a) Identical Twins.
3. What animal does Edith use to compare herself with?
4. What does Edith tell David about in her letter in Chapter 6?
(a) Edith tells David that she got her haircut.
(b) Edith tells David that she is coming home now.
(c) Edith tells David that she bought a new wardrobe while shopping with Monica.
(d) Edith tells David that her identity as an author has been discovered.
5. The Hotel du Lac has a reputation for what?
(a) Providing free dry cleaning.
(b) Providing free breakfast.
(c) Providing a quiet retreat.
(d) Providing a five-star chef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Penelope think about Edith's books?
2. What does Edith drink in the dining room during her first trip to it?
3. In real life, what kind of animal does Edith think always gets the man?
4. What does Monica tell Edith about how Mme. de Bonneuil's feels about her son?
5. Edith Hope arrives at the hotel in what month?
Short Essay Questions
1. Edith describes the time that she spent with David in Chapter 2. What does Edith say about this and how it always ends?
2. In Chapter 2, it says that Edith dresses and reluctantly goes downstairs for dinner. What reason do they give for her reluctance?
3. Why does Edith think that women get married?
4. What does Edith think about the dynamics of the relationship between Iris and Jennifer Pusey?
5. Why does Edith hear a scream from the Pusey room?
6. What does Monica tell Edith about Mme. de Bonnevil and her son?
7. Which type of animal does Edith consider herself to be?
8. Why does Edith not take all of the clothes out of her luggage when unpacking?
9. Why do you think that Edith doesn't defend herself to the unnamed man that mocks her for being a writer?
10. Why does Edith close her eyes while sitting outside at the cafe downtown?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)