|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Edith use to compare herself with?
2. Where does Edith go for her first walk?
(a) Along the city streets.
(b) Along the boardwalk.
(c) Along the lakeshore.
(d) Along the seashore.
3. The Hotel Du Lac belongs to what family?
4. In Edith's books what type of animal represents the women that would end up with the man?
5. What does the unnamed man from the cafe hand to Edith?
(a) A napkin.
(b) A package.
(c) Her notebook.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Edith see while sitting outside at the cafe downtown?
2. Penelope and Edith are what?
3. Who took Edith out to eat before she left for her trip in order to help raise her spirits?
4. Who does Iris Pusey say that Edith's face reminds her of?
5. What does Monica's husband want?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about the relationship between Iris and Jennifer is Edith jealous about?
2. Describe how Mrs. Pusey was taken care of by her late husband?
3. Why does Edith not take all of the clothes out of her luggage when unpacking?
4. Describe a woman that would be considered a hare by Edith.
5. Who initiates the meeting between Edith and Monica?
6. What family member was Edith closest to and why?
7. Why does Edith close her eyes while sitting outside at the cafe downtown?
8. Edith describes the time that she spent with David in Chapter 2. What does Edith say about this and how it always ends?
9. Why does Edith remember when she wrote the book that Iris is reading?
10. How do Penelope and Edith differ when it comes to men?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)