|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The unnamed man at the cafe finds the idea that Edith may be a writer ________.
2. Edith Hope is what kind of writer?
(a) Science Fiction.
(d) Romantic Fiction.
3. Edith feels the Pusey women possess an aura of what?
(a) Being poor.
(b) Being mean.
(c) Body odor.
(d) High self-esteem.
4. What does Iris Pusey begin most of her sentences with?
(a) "Of course."
(d) "I don't think so."
5. What is wrong with Monica's health?
(a) Monica is pregnant.
(b) Monica has diabetes.
(c) Monica has cancer.
(d) Monica has an eating disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hotel du Lac has a reputation for what?
2. How does Edith describe her mother?
3. Why does Edith express fear towards Jennifer and Iris Pusey?
4. Why is Edith disturbed with Jennifer overall?
5. Iris tells Edith in her hotel room that she always makes sure that Jennifer is fitted out how?
Short Essay Questions
1. What family member was Edith closest to and why?
2. How did Edith meet David?
3. Why does Edith think that women get married?
4. What does Mr. Neville reveal to Edith on their walk together?
5. In Chapter 3, what is Edith's letter to David about?
6. What does Monica tell Edith about Mme. de Bonnevil and her son?
7. What two types of animals does Edith use to describe women and where did she get this idea from?
8. What does Iris do that makes Edith understand that she is not comfortable socially unless in the dominant position?
9. Edith describes the time that she spent with David in Chapter 2. What does Edith say about this and how it always ends?
10. Why was Edith never close to her mother?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)