|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Edith's wedding ceremony to take place?
(a) A sandy beach.
(b) City hall.
(c) Registry Office.
(d) A church.
2. What does Iris ask Edith to do once she has gotten to their room after the commotion?
(a) Go and sit with Jennifer.
(b) Yell at the delivery boy.
(c) Get Iris some tea.
(d) Call the manager of the hotel.
3. Who does Edith see siting alone in the salon on the morning of her departure?
(a) Mme. de Bonnevil.
4. What kind of cake is there?
5. What did Edith hear David ask his wife?
(a) If she wanted to move away together.
(b) If she wanted to buy a summer home.
(c) If she wanted to have more children.
(d) If they should take his car or hers.
6. How is Edith like her mother?
(a) Edith and her mother both love to shop.
(b) Edith and her mother are both unhappy people.
(c) Edith and her mother are both tall for women.
(d) Edith and her mother both prefer the company of men to that of women.
7. Why is Edith disturbed with Iris in Chapter 10?
(a) Iris woke Edith up from her sleep.
(b) Iris was mean to Monica.
(c) Iris was mean to Jennifer.
(d) Iris's inability to admit to her own mistake.
8. What does Mr. Neville tell Edith to do to warm-up?
(a) Go to the lower deck.
(b) Cuddle close to Mr. Neville.
(c) Walk around the deck.
(d) Do jumping jacks.
9. How old is Jennifer?
10. Who led Iris into the dining room on her birthday?
(d) M. Huber.
11. Why has Mr. Neville decided to stay at the hotel longer?
(a) Mr. Neville's house is not finished yet.
(b) Mr. Neville wants to spend more time visiting family.
(c) Mr. Neville falls ill.
(d) The weather is nice.
12. The night of Iris's birthday, Monica does what with her dinner?
(a) Feeds it to her dog.
(b) Gives it to Mr. Neville.
(c) Monica drops it on the floor.
(d) Spills it on Iris.
13. Why do all the guests take their coffee together in the salon?
(a) It would be improper to leave Iris alone after dinner on her birthday.
(b) The guests go to the salon to listen to the piano player.
(c) Iris is drunk and everyone wants to hear what she says next.
(d) The guests do this every night.
14. What is Iris's dinner table covered in on her birthday?
15. Why does Mr. Neville say that Edith is at the hotel?
(a) To get healthy.
(b) To find a husband.
(c) To finish a book.
(d) To die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Neville live on?
2. Who does Edith help to the dining room?
3. Edith felt that Mr. Neville was sure to have a what in his house?
4. What does Jennifer tell Edith that she needs while they are sitting together in Jennifer's room?
5. What always gives Edith an appetite?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)