|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Edith disturbed with Iris in Chapter 10?
(a) Iris was mean to Monica.
(b) Iris woke Edith up from her sleep.
(c) Iris was mean to Jennifer.
(d) Iris's inability to admit to her own mistake.
2. What did Edith eat for dinner the night of Iris's birthday?
3. What does Edith do when she arrives at the registry?
(a) Edith starts to cry from happiness.
(b) Edith asks the driver to please continue on becasue she has changed her mind.
(c) Edith runs into Geoffrey's arms.
(d) Edith jumps from the car before it has had a chance to stop.
4. How long ago did Mr. Neville's wife leave?
(a) Two years ago.
(b) One year ago.
(c) Six months ago.
(d) Three years ago.
5. Where does Edith find Geoffrey at home?
(b) Drawing Room.
6. What always gives Edith an appetite?
7. What does Monica do when Iris walks in for her birthday dinner?
(a) Monica greets her.
(b) Monica leaves.
(c) Monica rolls her eyes.
(d) Monica stands.
8. What does Edith say that she could have spent the entire day doing instead of being on the boat?
9. What will Edith's new house not have once she is married?
(a) A library.
(b) A master bathroom.
(c) A garden.
(d) A conservatory.
10. What kind of house will Edith have once she is married?
(c) Trailer home.
(d) Log Cabin.
11. Where is the boat going that Edith is on?
(a) Just circling the port.
(b) Across the lake.
(c) Out in the ocean.
(d) To an island.
12. Why has Mr. Neville decided to stay at the hotel longer?
(a) Mr. Neville's house is not finished yet.
(b) Mr. Neville wants to spend more time visiting family.
(c) Mr. Neville falls ill.
(d) The weather is nice.
13. What does Edith change into in order to go to town to get some coffee?
(a) Walking Shoes.
(b) A sweat suit.
(c) A dress.
14. How does the thought of returning home make Edith feel?
15. Where did Edith hear a commotion come from while she was getting ready to go to town?
(a) Mr. Neville's Room.
(b) Puseys' Room.
(c) Dining room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Neville staying at the hotel?
2. When Edith says, "While people expect writers to entertain them ..." how does she finish the sentence?
3. Who led Iris into the dining room on her birthday?
4. Why does Edith wish that she had not accepted Mr. Neville's invitation?
5. What does Mr. Neville live on?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)