|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edith change into in order to go to town to get some coffee?
(a) A dress.
(b) Walking Shoes.
(c) A sweat suit.
2. Why is Mr. Neville staying at the hotel?
(a) He is visiting his family that lives nearby.
(b) He is attending an electronics conference.
(c) He is getting his house renovated.
(d) He is on vacation.
3. When does Edith say she plans to see David again in her letters?
(a) In a week.
(d) After she is married.
4. What does Monica call her mother?
(c) Mad Hatter.
5. What does Edith wonder about Kiki?
(a) What breed Kiki is.
(b) Whether Kiki is a girl or a boy.
(c) If Kiki is purebred or a mutt.
(d) Why Kiki is not monstrously fat.
6. What kind of house will Edith have once she is married?
(a) Log Cabin.
(d) Trailer home.
7. What does Jennifer tell Edith that she needs while they are sitting together in Jennifer's room?
(b) Orange juice.
8. Where was Edith's wedding ceremony to take place?
(a) A church.
(b) Registry Office.
(c) City hall.
(d) A sandy beach.
9. What does Mr. Neville wish that Edith would get rid of?
(a) Her attitude.
(b) Her hat.
(c) Her cardigan.
(d) Her negativity.
10. Why is Edith disturbed with Iris in Chapter 10?
(a) Iris was mean to Jennifer.
(b) Iris's inability to admit to her own mistake.
(c) Iris woke Edith up from her sleep.
(d) Iris was mean to Monica.
11. Why does Edith feel uneasy on the boat?
(a) Edith doesn't know how to swim.
(b) Edith is seasick.
(c) Edith worries about what will happen to David if she dies.
(d) Edith is cut off from dry land.
12. What kind of wedding ring did Edith have?
13. What did Edith eat for dinner the night of Iris's birthday?
14. What kind of cake is there?
15. Where did Edith and Mr. Neville walk to after their lunch together?
(a) To the bookstore.
(b) Up a large hill.
(c) To the salon.
(d) To town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Edith visit to contemplate her wedding?
2. Who does Edith feel treats her distantly during her last dinner?
3. Who does Edith go on a boat ride with?
4. What does Edith do when she arrives at the registry?
5. Why has Mr. Neville decided to stay at the hotel longer?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)