|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Neville traveling to while staying at the hotel?
2. How old is Jennifer?
3. What important fact does Edith reveal about her letters that she has been writing each chapter?
(a) Edith has sent all the letters to David's wife.
(b) Edith has shown all the letters to Mr. Neville.
(c) Edith has turned all of her letters into her latest book.
(d) Edith never mailed any of them.
4. What is everyone given on Iris's birthday?
(a) A birthday hat.
(b) A free dessert.
(c) A blow horn.
(d) A glass of champagne.
5. How is Edith shown gratitude for the help that she provided getting to the dining room?
(a) A thank you.
(b) A press on the hand.
(c) A gift in front of her door in the morning.
(d) A large sum of money when checking out.
6. Why does Edith wish that she had not accepted Mr. Neville's invitation?
(a) Edith was wanting to write with her time.
(b) Edith wanted to go home to David immediately.
(c) Edith was feeling seasick.
(d) Edith was feeling unsafe and distressed.
7. What does Edith wonder about Kiki?
(a) What breed Kiki is.
(b) Whether Kiki is a girl or a boy.
(c) If Kiki is purebred or a mutt.
(d) Why Kiki is not monstrously fat.
8. What did Edith eat for dinner the night of Iris's birthday?
9. What does Monica do when Iris walks in for her birthday dinner?
(a) Monica leaves.
(b) Monica greets her.
(c) Monica rolls her eyes.
(d) Monica stands.
10. Where does Edith visit to contemplate her wedding?
(b) Swimming pool.
11. What does Edith say about the surroundings while on the boat?
(a) That they are scary.
(b) That they are beautiful.
(c) That they are tempting.
(d) That they are gray.
12. What does Mr. Neville wish that Edith would get rid of?
(a) Her hat.
(b) Her cardigan.
(c) Her attitude.
(d) Her negativity.
13. What does Edith say in the letter that she writes to David in Chapter 12?
(a) Edith says that she wants to have a kid with David.
(b) Edith says that she is staying single and living her life at the hotel.
(c) Edith says that she wants to marry David.
(d) Edith says it will be her final letter.
14. Who turned down many offers of marriage because her mother didn't approve of the man?
15. Where does Edith plan to live after she marries Mr. Neville?
Short Answer Questions
1. Edith felt that Mr. Neville was sure to have a what in his house?
2. What kind of wedding ring did Edith have?
3. Why is Edith disturbed with Iris in Chapter 10?
4. How is Edith like her mother?
5. Which category does Edith say that she belongs to?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)