|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Monica and Iris discuss at Iris's birthday party?
(a) Clothing and Designers.
(c) The other guests.
(d) The weather.
2. Which category does Edith say that she belongs to?
3. What does Edith do when she arrives at the registry?
(a) Edith asks the driver to please continue on becasue she has changed her mind.
(b) Edith starts to cry from happiness.
(c) Edith runs into Geoffrey's arms.
(d) Edith jumps from the car before it has had a chance to stop.
4. The night of Iris's birthday, Monica does what with her dinner?
(a) Spills it on Iris.
(b) Monica drops it on the floor.
(c) Gives it to Mr. Neville.
(d) Feeds it to her dog.
5. Where is Mr. Neville traveling to while staying at the hotel?
6. What happened to Edith after recalling her failed marriage attempt?
(a) She cried.
(b) She decided to get married.
(c) She was sick to her stomach.
(d) She got a headache.
7. Where does Edith find Geoffrey at home?
(c) Drawing Room.
8. Who arrives halfway through Edith's last dinner?
(a) Pusey women.
(c) Mme. de Bouille.
(d) Mr. Neville.
9. How does Edith view Geoffrey on their wedding day?
(a) As a handsome groom.
(b) He has a mouse-like appearance.
(c) Like a stranger.
(d) As the love of Edith's life.
10. Where did Edith hear a commotion come from while she was getting ready to go to town?
(a) Mr. Neville's Room.
(c) Dining room.
(d) Puseys' Room.
11. How long ago did Mr. Neville's wife leave?
(a) Three years ago.
(b) Two years ago.
(c) One year ago.
(d) Six months ago.
12. What important fact does Edith reveal about her letters that she has been writing each chapter?
(a) Edith has shown all the letters to Mr. Neville.
(b) Edith has turned all of her letters into her latest book.
(c) Edith has sent all the letters to David's wife.
(d) Edith never mailed any of them.
13. What did Edith hear David ask his wife?
(a) If they should take his car or hers.
(b) If she wanted to move away together.
(c) If she wanted to buy a summer home.
(d) If she wanted to have more children.
14. What did Edith eat for dinner the night of Iris's birthday?
15. What does Edith wonder about Kiki?
(a) Whether Kiki is a girl or a boy.
(b) If Kiki is purebred or a mutt.
(c) Why Kiki is not monstrously fat.
(d) What breed Kiki is.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Edith say she plans to see David again in her letters?
2. What was all the commotion in the Pusey room about?
3. Who does Edith see siting alone in the salon on the morning of her departure?
4. How is Edith like her mother?
5. What kind of cake is there?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)