|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hosted the event where Edith met David?
(a) Mr. Pusey.
2. What does Monica tell Edith about Mme. de Bonneuil's son?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He lives on a different continent.
(c) He is deceased.
(d) He visits Mme. de Bonneuil only once a month and then forgets her.
3. Who does Edith go shopping with?
(d) Mr. Neville.
4. Each new guest of the hotel needs what?
(a) A five-hundred dollar deposit.
(b) A referral from a previous guest.
(c) A credit card.
(d) A minimum three-night stay.
5. Why do the Puseys stay at the hotel briefly each year?
(a) It is a shopping trip.
(b) To escape the cold from their home town.
(c) To see a doctor nearby.
(d) To visit their family's grave site.
6. In real life, what kind of animal does Edith think always gets the man?
7. How does Edith describe her mother?
(c) Full of life.
8. What kind of view does Iris have of Monica?
(c) Iris doesn't know Monica.
9. Why is Edith visiting the hotel?
(a) To see an old friend.
(b) To take a break from her life.
(c) To reunite with a love interest.
(d) To see the local tourist attractions.
10. The unnamed man at the cafe finds the idea that Edith may be a writer ________.
11. What does Edith remark to herself while Monica is talking?
(a) Edith wonders what the other guests are doing.
(b) Edith wishes that she was with David instead of Monica.
(c) Edith thinks that she is useless at understanding real-life people.
(d) Edith thinks that she could be best friends with Monica.
12. What does Monica tell Edith she is under strict orders not to do?
13. Where is Edith originally from?
(a) The United States of America.
14. How did Iris's late husband provide for her?
(a) He gave all his money to his mistress instead.
(b) He spent all his money on alcohol because he was an alcoholic.
(c) He was poor and couldn't provide for her.
(d) He provided her with everything she desired.
15. What are Edith's two past times?
(a) Writing and Gardening.
(b) Writing and Sewing.
(c) Writing and Shopping.
(d) Writing and Drawing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do you know that the hotel allows animals?
2. Why is Edith disturbed with Jennifer overall?
3. Why does Edith express fear towards Jennifer and Iris Pusey?
4. What mode of transportation do the Puseys use to get around while staying at the hotel?
5. What does David do for a living?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)