|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Edith first gets to the hotel, who does she write a letter to?
(a) Her housekeeper.
(b) Mr. Neville.
(c) Her mother.
2. Where does Edith go for her first walk?
(a) Along the seashore.
(b) Along the boardwalk.
(c) Along the lakeshore.
(d) Along the city streets.
3. What does Edith buy when she goes shopping?
(a) A dog.
(b) A new pair of shoes.
(c) A new watch.
(d) Blue Silk Dress.
4. What does David's wife do when he hints at cheating on her during fights?
(a) She cries.
(b) She leaves.
(c) She yells at him.
(d) She laughs at him.
5. What animal does Edith feel that most of the women staying at the Hotel du Lac compare to?
6. What is the name of Edith's novel that she is working on?
(a) Lovers Lane.
(b) Beneath the Visiting Moon.
(d) Beneath the Starry Night.
7. Iris tells Edith in her hotel room that she always makes sure that Jennifer is fitted out how?
(a) Like a queen.
(b) Like an average citizen.
(c) Like a maid servant.
(d) With the bare essentials.
8. Why is Edith so willing to make an arrangement with the Puseys about spending her free time with them?
(a) Edith has a hard time telling people no.
(b) Edith will be able to observe a class of women with which she is completely unfamiliar.
(c) Edith feels that she will be bored without doing so.
(d) Edith feels obligated to.
9. Who is dead in Edith's family?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
10. The Hotel du Lac does have which of these?
(c) Dining area.
(d) Gift Shop.
11. Why is it painful for Edith to see David's wife?
(a) David's wife is attractive.
(b) Edith feels guilty.
(c) She represents everything that Edith will never have.
(d) David looks at his wife differently then he does Edith.
12. When Edith sees the mother and daughter in the dining room, what does she comment to herself?
(a) That the daughter must be sick and the mother is taking care of her.
(b) That the daughter bears a strong resemblance to her mother.
(c) That they look very unhappy together.
(d) That the mother must be sick and the daughter is taking care of her.
13. Who does Edith go shopping with?
(a) Mr. Neville.
14. Who does Iris Pusey say that Edith's face reminds her of?
(a) Princess Fergi.
(b) Princess Anne.
(c) Princess Monica.
(d) Princess Diana.
15. Who did Edith go to as a child for comfort?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her aunts.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edith remark to herself while Monica is talking?
2. What characteristics does a woman have that Edith would consider a hare?
3. Edith feels the Pusey women possess an aura of what?
4. What does Monica's husband want?
5. How do you know that the hotel allows animals?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)