|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mr. Nevile's wife go?
(a) She ran away with another man.
(b) She moved back in with her parents.
(c) She fell ill and died.
(d) She is in a coma at a hospital.
2. How did Iris's late husband provide for her?
(a) He gave all his money to his mistress instead.
(b) He provided her with everything she desired.
(c) He spent all his money on alcohol because he was an alcoholic.
(d) He was poor and couldn't provide for her.
3. When Edith says, "While people expect writers to entertain them ..." how does she finish the sentence?
(a) "People are often disappointed."
(b) "Writers expect people to entertain them."
(c) "Writers fail often."
(d) "No one ever thinks to entertain writers."
4. Where is Mr. Neville traveling to while staying at the hotel?
5. What will happen if Monica doesn't give her husband what he wants?
(a) Monica will be told to leave.
(b) Monica's husband will take a lover.
(c) Monica's husband will hit her.
(d) Monica will be told to stay at the hotel until she does.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does Edith insist that she and Monica head back to the hotel?
2. How did Penelope know David?
3. What characteristics does a woman have that Edith would consider a tortoise?
4. What is the name of Edith's novel that she is working on?
5. What does Iris Pusey begin most of her sentences with?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)