|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Iris's late husband provide for her?
(a) He provided her with everything she desired.
(b) He gave all his money to his mistress instead.
(c) He spent all his money on alcohol because he was an alcoholic.
(d) He was poor and couldn't provide for her.
2. What did Mr. Pusey used to say when he was alive?
(a) "Only the good die young."
(b) "Only the best is good enough."
(c) "Never say never."
(d) "People come and people go."
3. What animal does Edith use to compare herself with?
4. What is the name of the woman who has carried around a dog, nameless up to this point in the story?
5. How does the tall, thin woman greet Edith at the cafe with the large glass windows?
(a) She hugs her.
(b) She shakes her hand.
(c) She waves.
(d) She raises her fork.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Edith's letter to David, what does she say that she is curious to learn about Iris Pusey?
2. When Edith sees the mother and daughter in the dining room, what does she comment to herself?
3. Who took Edith out to eat before she left for her trip in order to help raise her spirits?
4. When Edith had coffee with the Puseys after her first dinner, who controlled the conversation?
5. Why is it painful for Edith to see David's wife?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)