|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Penelope think about Edith's books?
(a) That the books are about romantic encounters that were absent from Edith's real life.
(b) Penelope thinks that Edith should write science fiction books instead.
(c) Penelope thinks that Edith's books are boring.
(d) Penelope is jealous of Edith's books.
2. What does Edith do while in the dining room for the first time?
(a) Works on her novel.
(b) She eats pizza.
(c) She reads a book.
(d) She files her fingernails.
3. Edith feels the Pusey women possess an aura of what?
(a) Body odor.
(b) High self-esteem.
(c) Being mean.
(d) Being poor.
4. What does Iris say about the unnamed man at the cafe when he walks away from Edith?
(a) Iris tells Edith that the man is married.
(b) Iris tells Edith that the man smells badly.
(c) Iris tells Edith that she has an admirer.
(d) Iris tells Edith that the man looked suspicious.
5. What does Edith compare the Puseys' room to after having visited it?
(a) Caesar's Palace.
(b) Aladdin's Cave.
(c) Taj Mahal.
(d) A Beverly Hills Store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Edith so willing to make an arrangement with the Puseys about spending her free time with them?
2. In real life, what kind of animal does Edith think always gets the man?
3. In Chapter 2, why does Edith say that David leaves her at times?
4. Each new guest of the hotel needs what?
5. Who staying at the Hotel Du Lac is closest to Edith's age?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)