• Edith Hope is told by her friends to take a break from life after she has a "unfortunate lapse."
• Edith's friends want her to think about what she has done and return apologizing.
• Edith never mentions the success of her romantic fiction writing but she realizes that she is doing really well.
• Edith checks into the Hotel du Lac.
• Edith immediately writes a letter to David about her mixed feelings on being away.
• Edith unpacks but leaves most of her clothes in her bag like she is going to leave on a moment's notice.
• The Hotel du Lac is a private retreat for guests.
• Guests have to be a longstanding customer or get a reference from one in order to stay at the Hotel du Lac.
• Edith goes to the dining room for tea and eyes all the other guests staying at the Hotel du Lac.
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)