|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hud doing when Lonnie finds him at the rodeo?
(a) Fighting with another cowboy.
(b) Making out with another man's wife.
(c) Riding a bronco..
(d) Arguing with Granddad.
2. What is Lonnie's task?
(a) Keeping cattle from escaping.
(b) Walking cattle into the trucks.
(c) Cutting out the healthy cows.
(d) Keeping tab of the cattle's ear tags.
3. Who had Granddad forced off the ranch numerous times?
(a) The neighbor to the east.
(b) The preacher.
(c) The neighbor to the northwest.
(d) Granny's brothers.
4. Why does Granddad fire Jesse and Lonzo?
(a) They can get unemployment if they are fired instead of quitting.
(b) They were no help slaughtering the cattle.
(c) He does not fire them.
(d) He has no work for them.
5. Who is laid out with clothes spread over him?
(b) No one.
6. What does Lonnie see when he looks in Halmea's window?
(b) Hud is on top of Halmea.
(c) A man Lonnie does not know talking to Halmea.
(d) Lonnie's Granny and Halmea arguing.
7. What does Lonnie find at the ranch after taking Halmea to town?
(a) Hud has an arm in a sling.
(b) Hud is beaten up.
(c) Granddad is rounding up cattle.
(d) Jesse has quit.
8. How does Lonnie help Halmea?
(a) He cleans the wounds she cannot reach.
(b) He calls the sheriff.
(c) He wakes his granddad.
(d) He drives her to town.
9. What do they do to the cattle?
(a) Give them high doses of antibiotics.
(b) Vaccinate them.
(c) Shoot them.
(d) Nothing yet.
10. Why does Hud say Granddad would want to die?
(a) He hates Granny and Hud.
(b) He would not be able to sell the ranch and live decently.
(c) His ranch is useless.
(d) He is so badly injured.
11. What does Lonnie notice on the porch.
(a) A package from the post office.
(b) A place where it is clear Granddad fell off.
(c) His granddad's lawyer.
(d) His dog is dead.
12. For whom is Granddad asking?
(c) People who have been dead a long time.
13. Of what is Lonnie unsure?
(a) What he will do now.
(b) If Hud loved Granddad.
(c) Hud's motives for killing Granddad.
(d) Why Granddad was injured.
14. What does Hud bet in a card game?
(b) Some of the cattle that are now dead.
(c) Part of the ranch.
(d) 1000 dollars.
15. What does Lonnie see coming up behind him?
(a) A police car with its lights on.
(b) A man galloping on a horse.
(c) A car driving very fast.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Hermy ask Lonnie?
2. Who does Lonnie see on the side of the road?
3. What does Hud admit?
4. Who does Lonnie try to avoid?
5. Who smashes into Lonnie's truck from behind?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)