|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halmea say Lonnie must do?
(a) Take her to Dallas.
(b) Call the police.
(d) Not call the police.
2. What happens to Hermy?
(b) A bull steps on his stomach.
(c) He and Hud get drunk.
(d) Hud beats him up.
3. Who had Granddad forced off the ranch numerous times?
(a) The neighbor to the northwest.
(b) Granny's brothers.
(c) The preacher.
(d) The neighbor to the east.
4. What does Halmea do with the family's dinner?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Sets it on the table long before dinner.
(c) Puts it in the stove.
(d) Does not cook it.
5. About what does Hermy ask Lonnie?
(a) Why Hud is living in Thalia.
(b) A deal Hud has worked.
(c) If Halmea used to work for his family.
(d) Where Lonnie wants to go after high school.
6. Who has Granddad named?
(a) His field chickens.
(b) His dairy cows.
(c) Two steers and a bull.
(d) His horses.
7. What does Lonnie notice on the porch.
(a) A package from the post office.
(b) His dog is dead.
(c) His granddad's lawyer.
(d) A place where it is clear Granddad fell off.
8. What do Lonnie and Jesse play at Halmea's home?
(a) Gin Rummy.
(c) Pick up sticks.
(d) Chinese checkers.
9. Who is afraid of Hud when he is drinking?
(b) No one.
10. What do they do to the cattle?
(a) Shoot them.
(b) Give them high doses of antibiotics.
(c) Vaccinate them.
(d) Nothing yet.
11. What does Hud tell his girlfriend to do?
(a) Get help.
(b) Get the first aid kit out of the car.
(c) Stop screaming.
12. Who does Lonnie see on the side of the road?
13. What does Jesse miss?
(a) The ranch.
(b) Lonnie's friendship.
(c) The one event of the rodeo for which he signed up.
(d) Halmea's friendship.
14. Why does Granddad wake up Lonnie very early?
(a) They have a lot to do.
(b) To go and see if Halmea will return.
(c) To go to Dallas.
(d) To go into town and hire some help.
15. What is Granddad wearing?
(a) A suit as if he is going to church.
(b) His usual rancher outfit.
(c) Just his nightshirt.
(d) His rodeo duds.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Lonnie say goodbye?
2. According to Granddad, what does Hud lack the power to do?
3. What does Granny demand from Granddad?
4. What does Hud bet in a card game?
5. Who does Lonnie swerve to let pass him?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)