|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granddad do for all the hired hands?
(b) Gives them bonuses.
(c) Equips them for the round up.
(d) Cooks breakfast.
2. Who is afraid of Hud when he is drinking?
(d) No one.
3. Where do they take Granddad?
(a) To the hospital in Thalia.
(b) Back to the ranch.
(c) To the morgue.
(d) They bury him secretly in the desert.
4. What does Hud bet in a card game?
(a) 1000 dollars.
(b) Some of the cattle that are now dead.
(d) Part of the ranch.
5. What do they do to the cattle?
(a) Shoot them.
(b) Nothing yet.
(c) Give them high doses of antibiotics.
(d) Vaccinate them.
6. According to Granddad, what does Hud lack the power to do?
(a) Sell the ranch.
(b) Have Halmea arrested.
(c) Make decisions about the oil drilling.
(d) Assume responsibility for Lonnie if Granddad dies.
7. What reminds Granddad that he didn't used to have to worry about the government?
(a) Seeing the long, official forms on Mr. Burris's clipboard.
(b) His prize cattle.
(c) A Confederate flag.
8. Why does Granddad wake up Lonnie very early?
(a) To go and see if Halmea will return.
(b) They have a lot to do.
(c) To go into town and hire some help.
(d) To go to Dallas.
9. How does Lonnie help Halmea?
(a) He drives her to town.
(b) He calls the sheriff.
(c) He wakes his granddad.
(d) He cleans the wounds she cannot reach.
10. Where does Lonnie hide the next day?
(a) No where.
(b) In the hayloft.
(c) Out on the range.
(d) In Thalia.
11. How does Lonnie think of Granddad?
(a) As mean as a rattlesnake.
(b) As wise but difficult.
(c) As a tough man with few friends.
(d) A a kind grandfather.
12. What does Jesse miss?
(a) Halmea's friendship.
(b) The ranch.
(c) The one event of the rodeo for which he signed up.
(d) Lonnie's friendship.
13. Of what is Lonnie unsure?
(a) Why Granddad was injured.
(b) Hud's motives for killing Granddad.
(c) What he will do now.
(d) If Hud loved Granddad.
14. Why does Granddad fire Jesse and Lonzo?
(a) They can get unemployment if they are fired instead of quitting.
(b) They were no help slaughtering the cattle.
(c) He has no work for them.
(d) He does not fire them.
15. What does Jesse say Lonnie should do?
(a) Try to convince Halmea to return.
(b) Stay at the ranch for a while.
(c) Try to get rid of Hud.
(d) Leave with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has moved to Detroit?
2. What does Lonnie do because he does not want to shoot Hud in the back?
3. For whom is Granddad asking?
4. Where does Hermy go?
5. Who does Lonnie swerve to let pass him?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)