|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granddad do for all the hired hands?
(b) Equips them for the round up.
(c) Gives them bonuses.
(d) Cooks breakfast.
2. Where does Lonnie hide the next day?
(a) In the hayloft.
(b) Out on the range.
(c) No where.
(d) In Thalia.
3. What does Lonnie think would have been better for Granddad?
(a) To have tried to defy the government.
(b) To have gotten rid of Hud and his second wife.
(c) To have gotten out of ranching.
(d) To have died with his first wife.
4. How does Granddad seem after the cattle slaughter?
5. Of what is Lonnie unsure?
(a) Hud's motives for killing Granddad.
(b) What he will do now.
(c) Why Granddad was injured.
(d) If Hud loved Granddad.
6. Who does Lonnie try to avoid?
(a) Granny's relatives.
(d) The sheriff.
7. Where do the men drive the cattle?
(a) No where.
(b) To tractor trailers for transport.
(c) Into pits.
(d) Into the corral.
8. What do Jesse and Halmea discuss?
(a) The best way to pluck a chicken.
(b) How to play a card game called cinch.
(c) The social differences between Blacks and Whites.
(d) How to fool Hud.
9. Who always wins?
(b) Wins are split pretty evenly.
10. What does Hud say is for the best?
(a) That Hud shot Granddad.
(b) That Lonnie go on home.
(c) That Granny not know how Granddad dies.
(d) That Granddad dies of his injuries.
11. Why does Granddad fire Jesse and Lonzo?
(a) They were no help slaughtering the cattle.
(b) He has no work for them.
(c) They can get unemployment if they are fired instead of quitting.
(d) He does not fire them.
12. Who does Lonnie not like?
(b) The white girl hired as the cook.
(c) Halmea's new boyfriend.
13. Who burns the cattle carcasses?
(a) Granddad and Hud.
(b) Lonnie and Hud.
(c) Government men.
(d) Lonnie and Jesse.
14. What happens that Lonnies does not expect?
(a) Several cows are deemed healthy and not killed.
(c) The vet says the cows will be returned eventually.
(d) The work is done quickly.
15. What reminds Granddad that he didn't used to have to worry about the government?
(b) His prize cattle.
(c) Seeing the long, official forms on Mr. Burris's clipboard.
(d) A Confederate flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lonnie do after seeing off his friend?
2. With whom would Lonnie like to speak?
3. What does the preacher say about Granddad?
4. What happens to Hermy?
5. Who is unconscious on the floor in Halmea's house?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)