|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hud stay in town the night before he is to take Granny to the city?
(a) He is with a woman.
(b) He runs out of gas and has to wait for the station to open.
(c) He is avoiding a storm.
(d) He gets drunk and falls asleep.
2. How does Granddad respond to Lonzo's suggestion?
(a) He wants to wait to see the outcome.
(b) He calls in another vet.
(c) He tells everyone they don't have time to rest.
(d) He plans to start moving the cattle to the hills the next morning.
3. What does Lonnie decide to do after talking with Hud?
(a) Ride a bronco.
(b) Warn Granddad.
(c) Enter the calf roping event.
(d) Kill Hud.
4. Who is Jesse?
(a) Larry's half brother.
(b) Hud's school buddy.
(c) Halmea's grandson.
(d) The new hired hand.
5. What do Jesse and Halmea discuss?
(a) How to fool Hud.
(b) The best way to pluck a chicken.
(c) How to play a card game called cinch.
(d) The social differences between Blacks and Whites.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lonnie end up the morning after hearing Hud and Granddad's conversation?
2. About what does the vet assure Granddad?
3. What rumor does Hermy say he hears?
4. How long do the men work with the cattle?
5. Who is afraid of Hud when he is drinking?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)