|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was life like before the arrival of mass communication?
(a) More dangerous.
(b) More interesting.
(c) Families were closer.
2. How does Granddad feel about his cows?
(a) They are his livelihood.
(b) They are what he does.
(d) The cattle actually belong to a neighbor.
3. What if the strain of disease only infects cows?
(a) Then it is the most dangerous type.
(b) It can either be dangerous or harmless.
(c) Then all the cows can be innoculated and it will die out.
(d) Then it can be contained very rapidly.
4. Who is not at breakfast?
5. Why had Hud advised Granddad not to buy the cattle that was infected?
(a) Hud thought it was too expensive a price.
(b) They were already in the red on operating expenses.
(c) Hud wanted to go into dairy rather than beef as a ranch.
(d) It was from Mexico and they tended to be infected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is afraid of Hud when he is drinking?
2. Why doesn't Granddad want to call the state vet?
3. What does Halmea think Jesse needs?
4. What does Hud say is for the best?
5. What do Lonnie and Jesse discuss?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)