|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lonnie do in the middle of the night?
(a) Goes to Halmea's little house.
(b) Tries to write more of his book.
(c) Prays for a way to leave the ranch.
(d) Goes in to threaten Hud.
2. What does the state vet take with him for examination?
(a) Blood specimens from several other of the cattle.
(b) The heifer's brain.
(d) The heifer's tongue.
3. What does a visiting cousin insist?
(a) That Thalia is no worse than Oklahoma City.
(b) That Cement, Oklahoma is even better than Thalia.
(c) That Oklahoma City is better than Thalia.
(d) That he and his cousin have to get home.
4. Who is laid out with clothes spread over him?
(b) No one.
5. Of what does Jesse complain?
(a) That his brother does not share his wages with their mother.
(b) That the girl he wanted to meet is with some other man.
(c) That his brother took most of the family's money.
(d) That he has the worst luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Halmea?
2. Who does the state vet bring on his return to the ranch?
3. What does Lonnie take over to Halmea's house?
4. About what does Lonnie reminisce in the Prologue?
5. What does Lonnie do with his buddies?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)