|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lonnie help Halmea?
(a) He cleans the wounds she cannot reach.
(b) He calls the sheriff.
(c) He drives her to town.
(d) He wakes his granddad.
2. What is Granddad wearing?
(a) His usual rancher outfit.
(b) Just his nightshirt.
(c) A suit as if he is going to church.
(d) His rodeo duds.
3. What does Lonnie think would have been better for Granddad?
(a) To have gotten rid of Hud and his second wife.
(b) To have died with his first wife.
(c) To have tried to defy the government.
(d) To have gotten out of ranching.
4. What does Halmea do with the family's dinner?
(a) Puts it in the stove.
(b) Sets it on the table long before dinner.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Does not cook it.
5. Who always wins?
(a) Wins are split pretty evenly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lonnie do because he does not want to shoot Hud in the back?
2. Where does Lonnie end up the morning after hearing Hud and Granddad's conversation?
3. Who does Lonnie see on the side of the road?
4. What does Halmea say she wants when Lonnie asks her?
5. What happens to the milk cows Granddad bought?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)