|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granddad call money from oil?
(a) Private money from public interest.
2. What does Hud think should be done about the heifer?
(a) Blame it on the neighbor's German shepherd.
(b) Bury it.
(c) Take it to the processing plant.
(d) Find it.
3. What happens when Lonnie's father is shooting a snake that is about to bite Lonnie's grandmother?
(a) The bullet ricochets and kills Lonnie's father.
(b) The snake bites Lonnie's father who later dies.
(c) The bullet ricochets and kills Lonnie's mother.
(d) The bullet ricochets and kills Lonnie's grandmother.
4. What is Granddad's response to Mr. Burris?
(a) He has no response.
(b) He will do what he can to help eradicate the disease.
(c) He wants to try the experimental vaccine.
(d) He won't raise any more cattle and will go for the oil.
5. Why is Mr. Burris dismayed?
(a) Because they opened up the heifer's carcass.
(b) Because Granny is not there for him to see her.
(c) Because Jesse is working as a ranch hand.
(d) Because Lonnie and his friends made so much noise in the show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives Lonnie's friends home?
2. What does the vet want to do to a few of the cattle and horses?
3. Who does Lonnie see in Thalia?
4. Who does Granddad have to ask for assistance?
5. What does Lonnie do in the middle of the night?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)