|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Lonnie dream?
(a) He is too drunk to dream.
(b) Owning the ranch someday.
(c) Moving in the bunkhouse and becoming a real cowboy.
2. Who does the state vet bring on his return to the ranch?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) Several technicians.
(c) A bovine epidemiologist.
(d) No one.
3. What does Granddad call money from oil?
(a) Private money from public interest.
4. What does Hud reply when Granddad asks Hud's opinion of the situation?
(a) They should go for oil on the land.
(b) They should wait and see what the vet says.
(c) Granddad is 15 years too late in asking.
(d) He thinks they should try to sell the cattle across the border.
5. What does Halmea do with the family's dinner?
(a) Sets it on the table long before dinner.
(b) Does not cook it.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Puts it in the stove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives Lonnie's friends home?
2. Why does Lonnie keep working after he is hurt?
3. What happens to the milk cows Granddad bought?
4. Why does Hud resent Granddad about Hud going off to WWII?
5. What does Hud predict about the cattle?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)