|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of literature does Hank work on when he cannot work on his screenplay?
2. Hank initially resents___________ at the party.
3. Whom do Hank and Sarah go to speak to after Jon points out the person?
4. What does Jon go shopping for when he gets no response from Friedman?
5. Where does the fight happen in Hank's screenplay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the value that Hank places on the past and the insight the past can give about the future.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the plot continues to appear to move forward, but the events described have little progression in the overall text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe how the events of "Hollywood: A Novel by Charles Bukowski" lack connection from incident to incident and how these events seem more episodic than congruent.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)