|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jefferson joined which organization in 1775?
(a) Colonists militia.
(c) Continental Congress.
2. The Prophet lived during the Age of Reason, also known as the Age of _____.
(a) Common Sense.
3. Which of the following was not the cause of progressive socioeconomic and political changes during this time?
(a) Great Depression.
(b) World War I.
(c) New Deal.
(d) Civil War.
4. How many days old was Rousseau when his mother died?
5. What was Gandhi's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the economist that inspired classic liberalism?
2. Who was the Proponent of Liberation?
3. When was Jane Addams born?
4. In which year did Montessori die?
5. Where was John Dewey born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Addams develop her curriculum for Hull House? What was the basis of the curriculum?
2. What was the basic educational background of Jane Addams? How did her ideas pertain to the socialization of education?
3. When did Jane Addams live? What major events occurred in the United States during this time in regard to basic structure and commerce?
4. Why was Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi's work centered on educating the heart and senses?
5. How were liberal views received during the late 1700s in Europe?
6. When did W.E.B. Du Bois live? What major events occurred during this time and how did they affect the African-American community?
7. What was the basic educational background of Mohandas Gandhi? Gandhi's education led him to what type of career?
8. Discuss Rousseau's book, "Emile" and its premise.
9. How and when did Jean-Jacques Rousseau begin his academic career?
10. How were liberal views received during the late 1700s in Europe?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)