|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jefferson received a degree in which area?
2. By 1910, Chicago had _________ residents.
(a) 2.75 million.
(b) 2.25 million.
(c) 3.5. million.
(d) 1.75 million.
3. When was Jane Addams born?
4. Educational ideas were based on _____ before the Industrial Revolution.
(c) Trade work.
5. Jefferson attended which college?
(b) College of William and Mary.
(c) University of Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not the cause of progressive socioeconomic and political changes during this time?
2. Pestalozzi attended Collegium Carolinum where he studied philosophy and ______.
3. Where did Jane Addams spend her childhood?
4. In which year was Montessori born?
5. What is Rousseau's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the basic educational background of Jane Addams? How did her ideas pertain to the socialization of education?
2. How and when did Jean-Jacques Rousseau begin his academic career?
3. What was Jean-Jacques Rousseau's basic education history?
4. How did Addams develop her curriculum for Hull House? What was the basis of the curriculum?
5. When did Paulo Freire live? What major events occurred in Brazil during Freire's life and career?
6. Discuss Rousseau's book, "Emile" and its premise.
7. What were Dewey's key steps to solving problems?
8. When did Mary Wollstonecraft live? What major events occurred during this time that greatly affected Mary Wollstonecraft as a woman?
9. What was Dewey's career path? How was he affiliated with Hull House?
10. What was the basic educational background of Maria Montessori?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)