|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children were there in Jane's family?
2. Dewey attended which prestigious university?
(b) Johns Hopkins.
3. Pestalozzi attended Collegium Carolinum where he studied philosophy and ______.
(a) Mechanical Engineering.
4. When did Jane Addams die?
5. Where did Thomas Jefferson live?
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1910, Chicago had _________ residents.
2. Jane met English historian ______ Toynbee.
3. When did Spencer live?
4. Montessori attended school in which major city?
5. According to the text there are ____ Montessori schools in the United States.
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Jane Addams live? What major events occurred in the United States during this time in regard to basic structure and commerce?
2. What was the basic educational background of John Dewey?
3. What were Dewey's key steps to solving problems?
4. What was the basis of Jefferson's educational platform?
5. When did John Dewey live? How were Dewey's views shaped and by which events of the time?
6. What was the basic educational background of Maria Montessori?
7. How did Addams develop her curriculum for Hull House? What was the basis of the curriculum?
8. When did Maria Montessori live? What was the landscape of the women's movement in Italy at that time?
9. When did W.E.B. Du Bois live? What major events occurred during this time and how did they affect the African-American community?
10. Why was Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi's work centered on educating the heart and senses?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)