|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was not one of the philosophers read by Dewey in school?
2. An Indian conference agreed to endorse Gandhi's free, compulsory education for ____ years.
3. When did Pestalozzi live?
4. Who was the Proponent of Liberation?
5. What was the name of Thomas Jefferson's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Founder of the Kindergarten?
2. Dewey attended which prestigious university?
3. When did Robert Owen live?
4. What percentage of Chicago residents were foreign-born?
5. From which country did Montessori originate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the basic educational background of Jane Addams? How did her ideas pertain to the socialization of education?
2. When did Mohandas Gandhi live? What was the landscape of the Indian government at that time?
3. What was the basic educational background of Thomas Jefferson?
4. When did Jane Addams live? What major events occurred in the United States during this time in regard to basic structure and commerce?
5. How and when did Jean-Jacques Rousseau begin his academic career?
6. What was the basis of Jefferson's educational platform?
7. When did Paulo Freire live? What major events occurred in Brazil during Freire's life and career?
8. When did Maria Montessori live? What was the landscape of the women's movement in Italy at that time?
9. When did the first Montessori school open? What was its mission statement?
10. What was Jean-Jacques Rousseau's basic education history?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)