|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane met English historian ______ Toynbee.
2. Which was not one of the philosophers read by Dewey in school?
3. What was Montessori's first choice of study for her future career?
4. When did Jane Addams die?
5. Which word best describes Dewey's view?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is featured in Proponent of Educating the Heart and the Senses?
2. How many days old was Rousseau when his mother died?
3. Montessori opened her first school in which year?
4. When did the Proponent of Liberation live?
5. What was Pestalozzi's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did John Dewey live? How were Dewey's views shaped and by which events of the time?
2. What was Dewey's career path? How was he affiliated with Hull House?
3. What was the basic educational background of Mary Wollstonecraft? How did it influence her work with women?
4. What were Dewey's key steps to solving problems?
5. How did Addams develop her curriculum for Hull House? What was the basis of the curriculum?
6. How were liberal views received during the late 1700s in Europe?
7. When did Maria Montessori live? What was the landscape of the women's movement in Italy at that time?
8. When did Jean-Jacques Rousseau live? What major events occurred during Jean-Jacques Rousseau's lifetime? How were educational ideas changed?
9. What was the basis of Jefferson's educational platform?
10. What was the basic educational background of Mohandas Gandhi? Gandhi's education led him to what type of career?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)