|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was John Dewey born?
(a) New Hampshire.
(c) New York
2. What was Montessori's first name?
3. What was Montessori's first choice of study for her future career?
4. When did the Proponent of Liberation live?
5. When did Robert Owen live?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of Rousseau's father?
2. Where did Thomas Jefferson live?
3. When did this person live?
4. What was the name of the economist that inspired classic liberalism?
5. Jefferson received a degree in which area?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Dewey's key steps to solving problems?
2. When did Mohandas Gandhi live? What was the landscape of the Indian government at that time?
3. How were liberal views received during the late 1700s in Europe?
4. What was the basic educational background of Thomas Jefferson?
5. When did the first Montessori school open? What was its mission statement?
6. When did Paulo Freire live? What major events occurred in Brazil during Freire's life and career?
7. What was the basis of Jefferson's educational platform?
8. When did Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi live? How was Switzerland changing during this time? How was Pestalozzi affected?
9. Discuss Rousseau's book, "Emile" and its premise.
10. When did Jean-Jacques Rousseau live? What major events occurred during Jean-Jacques Rousseau's lifetime? How were educational ideas changed?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)