|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the economist that inspired classic liberalism?
2. During this time, the face of America changed from embracing agriculture to embracing ____.
3. When did this person live?
4. Who was the Leader of the Common School Movement?
5. When did Robert Owen live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jefferson joined which organization in 1775?
2. Which of the following was most critical to Mill?
3. When did Thomas Jefferson live?
4. _____ Gandhi was known as the Father of Indian Independence.
5. What was Froebel's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Mohandas Gandhi live? What was the landscape of the Indian government at that time?
2. When did Mary Wollstonecraft live? What major events occurred during this time that greatly affected Mary Wollstonecraft as a woman?
3. What was Jean-Jacques Rousseau's basic education history?
4. When did Thomas Jefferson live? What was his role in early American education?
5. What was the basic educational background of Jane Addams? How did her ideas pertain to the socialization of education?
6. What was the basic educational background of Thomas Jefferson?
7. When did Maria Montessori live? What was the landscape of the women's movement in Italy at that time?
8. When did John Dewey live? How were Dewey's views shaped and by which events of the time?
9. How were liberal views received during the late 1700s in Europe?
10. What was the basic educational background of Mohandas Gandhi? Gandhi's education led him to what type of career?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)