|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was not one of Confucius' jobs?
(a) Police commissioner.
(b) Mine worker.
(d) Government official.
2. Comenius was exiled to which country?
3. The government wanted its people to see its king as a ____ father figure.
4. When did this person live?
5. When did Aristotle live?
(a) 373-329 B.C.E.
(b) 364-312 B.C.E.
(c) 381-339 B.C.E.
(d) 384-322 B.C.E.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group used Plato's structure?
2. The emperor belonged to which famous family?
3. When did Plato live?
4. What important event occurred while Calvin was alive?
5. Aquinas' philosophy was referred to as which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the basis of Confucius' educational ideas and theories?
2. How does Gutek incorporate historical approaches in relation with modern ideas?
3. Examine Erasmus' first encounter with humanist scholars. How did Erasmus use that exposure plus academic works to further his education?
4. What were the basic themes used in Aquinas' work?
5. What was the basic difference between the city-states of Greece? How did they differ from countries with one system?
6. How did Plato's place of birth affect the political and philosophical atmosphere of his youth? What was different about Greece compared to other countries?
7. Confucius lived during a time of great unrest in China. Discuss the basics of Confucius' life and the political issues of the time.
8. When was Confucianism introduced into the Western world and by whom?
9. What was Plato's basic concept of education for children from birth through adulthood?
10. How was Plato's educational background created? Which philosopher had a great impact on Plato?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)