|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The emperor was thrown out of a window and landed in a pile of ____.
2. Aquinas was enrolled in which type of institution?
(b) Boarding school.
(d) Private boys' school.
3. When did Comenius live?
4. Approximately how many years had Gutek been teaching when this version was released?
5. What term was developed to mean "city?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Which was not one of Confucius' jobs?
2. The dynasty used rules of _____ throughout its reign.
3. Which seas are mentioned in relation to Plato?
4. When did Aristotle live?
5. Which group used Plato's structure?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Plato's place of birth affect the political and philosophical atmosphere of his youth? What was different about Greece compared to other countries?
2. How did commerce affect the political and educational nature of the time?
3. What was the relationship between Aristotle and Alexander the Great? How long did the relationship last?
4. Examine Erasmus' first encounter with humanist scholars. How did Erasmus use that exposure plus academic works to further his education?
5. What was Quintilian's basic idea and outline for education?
6. How does Gutek incorporate historical approaches in relation with modern ideas?
7. What is the basic background of Calvin's education?
8. What was Plato's basic concept of education for children from birth through adulthood?
9. When did John Calvin live? What major events occurred in the religious sector during this time? What caused the turbulence of the time?
10. How did Martin Luther play a part in this time period? What was Luther's major focus?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)