|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dewey is referred to as being which of the following?
2. Which dynasty took its place?
3. Which is not a Greco-Roman?
4. The government wanted its people to see its king as a ____ father figure.
5. Erasmus was ordained into which order?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Erasmus born?
2. Who had supreme power in the Church?
3. Addams was an advocate for _______ education.
4. Aquinas was enrolled in which type of institution?
5. Serfs tended to be _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the basic background of Calvin's education?
2. When was Confucianism introduced into the Western world and by whom?
3. What is the basic educational background of Erasmus?
4. What was the relationship between Aristotle and Alexander the Great? How long did the relationship last?
5. What was Confucius' educational background? How did he begin his career?
6. How was Plato's educational background created? Which philosopher had a great impact on Plato?
7. How does Gutek incorporate historical approaches in relation with modern ideas?
8. What caused the disintegration of China's political system? When the major changes occur?
9. What is the time period of the lifespan of Thomas Aquinas? How did it correspond to the existence of the Roman Empire?
10. What was Erasmus' career? What area of study became Erasmus' focus?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)