|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is known as the Renaissance Humanist?
2. The text states that people developed a keen interest in the Protestant Reformation and the ______ Counter-reformation.
(a) Roman Catholic.
3. What was the occupation of Calvin's father?
(a) Civil servant.
(d) Pub owner.
4. One of the people most well known for educational reform was:
5. The Thirty Year's War began in which location?
(b) Middle East.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many years had Gutek been teaching when this version was released?
2. Who had supreme power in the Church?
3. The dynasty ruled China from ______.
4. Where did Aquinas go to school?
5. What is the word used for "all-knowledge?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the relationship between Aristotle and Alexander the Great? How long did the relationship last?
2. What was Quintilian's basic idea and outline for education?
3. How does Gutek incorporate historical approaches in relation with modern ideas?
4. Confucius lived during a time of great unrest in China. Discuss the basics of Confucius' life and the political issues of the time.
5. Gerald L Gutek wrote this updated Fourth Edition of Historical and Philosophical Foundations of Education: A Biographical Introduction in 2005. What were Gutek's history and qualifications for writing the book?
6. What caused the disintegration of China's political system? When the major changes occur?
7. How was Plato's hierarchical structure used by the Roman Catholic Church? What was the role of the Pope in this structure?
8. Why did Calvin feel that it was so important for people to become literate?
9. What is the basic educational background of Erasmus?
10. When did Desiderius Erasmus live? What was happening in the religious sector during this time?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)