|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Aristotle live?
(a) 364-312 B.C.E.
(b) 384-322 B.C.E.
(c) 381-339 B.C.E.
(d) 373-329 B.C.E.
2. What term was developed for youth education?
(c) Elementary school.
(d) Head Start.
3. Plato was known for which type of structure?
4. Approximately how many years had Gutek been teaching when this version was released?
5. The philosophy contained ___ main themes.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ and Pestalozzi's educational reform is presented.
2. Alexander the Great conquered the known world during which period?
3. Gutek assumes that educators interacted with which of the following?
4. In which century did the dynasty lose it's mandate?
5. Alexander the Great was the student of which famous philosopher?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine Erasmus' first encounter with humanist scholars. How did Erasmus use that exposure plus academic works to further his education?
2. What was Quintilian's basic idea and outline for education?
3. When did John Calvin live? What major events occurred in the religious sector during this time? What caused the turbulence of the time?
4. What was Erasmus' career? What area of study became Erasmus' focus?
5. What is the basic structure of the book? How does Gutek involve the reader in the text?
6. Discuss Thomas Aquinas' basic background.
7. What is the basic background of Calvin's education?
8. What was the basis of Confucius' educational ideas and theories?
9. What was the relationship between Aristotle and Alexander the Great? How long did the relationship last?
10. Confucius lived during a time of great unrest in China. Discuss the basics of Confucius' life and the political issues of the time.
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)