|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dewey attended which prestigious university?
(b) Johns Hopkins.
2. When did Spencer live?
3. Which of the following was most critical to Mill?
(a) Freedom of speech.
(b) Freedom of religion.
(c) Freedom of thought.
(d) Freedom of the press.
4. When was Jane Addams born?
5. When did Froebel live?
6. In which year was Montessori born?
7. The old political order that existed in Gandhi's time originated in which year?
8. Pestalozzi came from which country?
9. What was the name of Thomas Jefferson's father?
10. Jefferson attended which college?
(b) College of William and Mary.
(c) University of Virginia.
11. When did Pestalozzi live?
12. _____ Gandhi was known as the Father of Indian Independence.
13. Where was John Dewey born?
(b) New York
(d) New Hampshire.
14. Gandhi went to _____ to further his education.
15. Rousseau had ____ children, whom he abandoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is featured in Proponent of Educating the Heart and the Senses?
2. What was Pestalozzi's first name?
3. Who was referred to as the "Advocate of Liberation Pedagogy"?
4. What was Montessori's first choice of study for her future career?
5. Traditional educators and the churches defended _______ as the core of necessary knowledge.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)