|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is known as the Prophet of Naturalism?
2. The Amazon Basin was being destroyed by which country's problems of underemployment, illiteracy, and malnutrition?
3. Which of the following is not a main part of the Montessori curriculum?
(a) Community involvement.
(b) Individualized focus groups.
(c) Childhood stimulation.
(d) Multifaceted learning.
4. In which year was Gandhi born?
5. What was the profession of Rousseau's father?
(c) Cheese maker.
6. How many steps are involved in Dewey's problem-solving program?
7. Jefferson joined which organization in 1775?
(a) Colonists militia.
(d) Continental Congress.
8. When did Thomas Jefferson live?
9. Which is not one of the universities attended by Du Bois?
(c) Friedrich Wilhelm.
(d) Johns Hopkins.
10. What career did Montessori eventually adopt?
11. Where was John Dewey born?
(c) New Hampshire.
(d) New York
12. By 1910, Chicago had _________ residents.
(a) 2.75 million.
(b) 3.5. million.
(c) 1.75 million.
(d) 2.25 million.
13. Which of the following was not the cause of progressive socioeconomic and political changes during this time?
(a) Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(c) Great Depression.
(d) New Deal.
14. Gandhi went to _____ to further his education.
15. Jefferson received a degree in which area?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Leader of the Common School Movement?
2. What was the name of Thomas Jefferson's father?
3. In which year did Montessori die?
4. Educational ideas were based on _____ before the Industrial Revolution.
5. Which of the following was most critical to Mill?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)