|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the text there are ____ Montessori schools in the United States.
2. Who is featured in Proponent of Educating the Heart and the Senses?
3. Which is not one of the universities attended by Du Bois?
(a) Johns Hopkins.
(b) Friedrich Wilhelm.
4. Jefferson joined which organization in 1775?
(b) Colonists militia.
(d) Continental Congress.
5. What was Montessori's first choice of study for her future career?
6. When did the Proponent of Liberation live?
7. Which of the following is not a main part of the Montessori curriculum?
(a) Multifaceted learning.
(b) Individualized focus groups.
(c) Childhood stimulation.
(d) Community involvement.
8. The old political order that existed in Gandhi's time originated in which year?
9. Who is known as the Prophet of Naturalism?
10. In which year was Montessori born?
11. Traditional educators and the churches defended _______ as the core of necessary knowledge.
(a) Latin and Greek.
(b) Italian and Greek.
(c) French and Greek.
(d) Latin and English.
12. Who was the Advocate of Republican Education?
13. _____ Gandhi was known as the Father of Indian Independence.
14. The Prophet lived during the Age of Reason, also known as the Age of _____.
(a) Common Sense.
15. Industrialization created a labor class that typically worked ___ hours per day.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did this person live?
2. Educational ideas were based on _____ before the Industrial Revolution.
3. When did Jane Addams die?
4. Who was referred to as the "Pragmatist Philosopher and Progressive Educator?"
5. When did Robert Owen live?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)