|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The government wanted its people to see its king as a ____ father figure.
2. Which was not one of Confucius' jobs?
(a) Police commissioner.
(b) Government official.
(c) Mine worker.
3. Erasmus worked at which prestigious university?
4. What is the word used for "all-knowledge?"
5. Which is not a Greco-Roman?
6. Which is not among the first four people discussed by Gutek?
7. Alexander the Great was the student of which famous philosopher?
8. Mill and Spencer proposed which of the following?
9. Where was Calvin born?
10. What was Comenius' first name?
11. When did Quintilian live?
(a) 35-91 C.E.
(b) 35-95 C.E.
(c) 32-88 C.E.
(d) 38-85 C.E.
12. Who is known as the Proponent of International Education?
13. "All-knowledge" refers to thoughts and philosophies from ________ and Calvin.
14. Where was Erasmus born?
15. Alexander the Great conquered the known world during which period?
(a) 320 to 328 B.C.E.
(b) 333 to 311 B.C.E.
(c) 336 to 323 B.C.E.
(d) 331 to 316 B.C.E.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did this person live?
2. Which university was attended by Comenius?
3. When did Confucius live?
4. When did Plato live?
5. It is said that Confucius developed his philosophy during a time of turmoil and _____.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)