|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say to Ian on the phone before hanging up?
(a) "Buzz off."
(b) "That's fine."
(c) "Go to hell."
2. When does the narrator discover Laura's dad has died?
(a) A week later.
(b) The same morning she does.
(c) A month later.
(d) The day after she does.
3. Where is the funeral for Laura's dad held?
(a) A church.
(b) A lake.
(c) A synagogue.
(d) A crematorium.
4. Where does the narrator go with Marie to see T-Bone play in Chapter 20?
(a) The White Horse.
(b) Rogers Arena.
(c) Stoke Newington.
5. What did Laura's dad suffer from?
(a) Muscular Dystrophy.
6. What is Laura's mother's name?
7. What does Barry call Rob for saying he won't come and see his band play?
8. What line does Rob refer to which Dick says is a song off a Richard Thompson album?
(a) "I told you I love her."
(b) "Over the rainbow."
(c) "Where are those blue eyes?"
(d) "Has she got a friend for me?"
9. Who posted the advertisement for band members wanted at the shop?
10. Where is Barry's band set to play in Chapter 22?
(a) The Pub and Whistle.
(b) The White Stag.
(c) The North End.
(d) The Harry Lauder.
11. In what field is Charlie's occupation?
12. What is Laura's dad's name?
13. Where does Penny work now?
(b) The Movie Channel.
14. What does the narrator feel embarrassed by at the movies with his ex-girlfriend?
(a) Her laugh.
(b) Her pen.
(c) Her scream.
(d) Her chattering.
15. Where does Charlie live?
(a) Ladbroke Grove.
(d) West End.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Laura's sister's name?
2. Who does Rob blame for his having dropped out of college?
3. What does the narrator wonder whether he likes it because he's unhappy or if he's unhappy because he likes it?
4. What is the name of Charlie's friend whom she thinks Rob will like?
5. What is Clara's field of work?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)