|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attracts the Thestrals to Harry and Hermione after their encounter with the centaurs?
2. What is the first clue something is not right when the children arrive at the Ministry of Magic?
3. What causes Voldemort to finally materialize in the Ministry lobby?
4. What do Fred and George as a reaction to Umbridge's new position?
5. How do Hermione and Harry get into Umbridge's office to try to communicate with Sirius?
Essay Topic 1
Adults and children exist in an interesting gray area in this novel, where many lines of authority and trust are crossed. Discuss the morphing relationship between adults and children in the novel. How do these changes and relationships lead to development for the main characters?
Essay Topic 2
The Ministry of Magic clearly plays a large role in the novel, taking over Hogwarts bit by bit with an inside agent. Discuss the role of the Ministry of Magic, as both a foil to Dumbledore and also as a representation of the dangers of censorship and governmental control of education.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conflict between races in the novel, and how the author uses this conflict to illuminate attitudes and challenges in modern society.
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)