|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children discover that caused Voldemort to be so ecstatic when Harry linked with him after his Occlumency lesson?
2. What does Harry tell Umbridge about who he was trying to speak with through the fireplace in her office?
3. Why does Dumbledore feel culpable for Sirius' death?
4. What official is unexpectedly present when Harry is caught holding meetings of the D.A.?
5. What does Kreacher tell Harry and Hermione about Sirius when they talk through the Floo powder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ron and Hermione argue passionately over the plight of the House Elves at Hogwarts. Whose position do you agree with, and why? What role does slavery play in this novel? Does it affect anyone other than the House Elves?
Essay Topic 2
Rowling seems to associate Coming of Age with painful experiences. Do you agree that the characters must develop a sense of mortality in order to mature and come of age? Support your assertion with details from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
The romance between Harry and Cho plagues him throughout the novel as he attempts to navigate through her complex emotional state. What would have needed to be different for their romance to work? Would it have made a difference to the outcome of the novel?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)