|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Fred and George as a reaction to Umbridge's new position?
2. What is Firenze's opinion of the human approach to Divination?
3. How does Hermione trick Umbridge into stopping her plans to torture Harry?
4. What room are the children forced into when they run from the Death Eaters in the Department of Mysteries?
5. What causes a slight shifting in students' attitudes toward Harry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of Harry's great strengths has traditionally been his ability and willingness to place faith in others. Discuss the many leaps of faith that Harry takes throughout the novel, and how they change as the story progresses and he matures. What do the changes show about his personal development? Does his continual faith in others display optimism or naivete?
Essay Topic 2
The wizarding world is highly divided by both race and familial ties, with family lineage playing a large role in one's social standing. Choose one main character and discuss thoroughly the impact "blood" has on the character and their values. Be sure to include external and internal factors that contribute to this personal development.
Essay Topic 3
Family is a recurring and tremendously important theme in the novel. Discuss how Family impacts Harry at different points in the novel, and how this helps to further the plot.
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)