|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What exam do Ron and Harry both do poorly on?
2. What D.A. student shows the greatest improvement in the wake of the Death Eaters' escape?
3. What fact about Rita Skeeter does Hermione threaten to reveal?
4. What does Harry witness during his Astrology exam?
5. What does Harry find that he'd forgotten Sirius gave to him?
Essay Topic 1
Most characters in the novel are not perfect because that they have flaws either in their present or in their past. By exposing these flaws, the reader and main characters are exposed to the concept of Redemption. What role do you believe Redemption plays in Harry's growth throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism is significant in the names Rowling chooses for the characters, objects and places in the novel. Choose two symbolic names and demonstrate how they foreshadow the action of the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Rowling seems to associate Coming of Age with painful experiences. Do you agree that the characters must develop a sense of mortality in order to mature and come of age? Support your assertion with details from the novel.
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)