|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry instruct his friends to do when he signals them in the battle with the Death Eaters?
(a) Be immediately prepared to cast stun spells at the Death Eaters.
(b) Break as many orbs as possible to cause confusion.
(c) Scatter in every direction to avoid capture.
(d) Drop their wands and surrender so no one gets hurt.
2. What is Umbridge's first action upon being named the new Headmaster of Hogwarts?
(a) Firing Hagrid and McGonagall.
(b) Appointing a new Divination teacher.
(c) Expelling several students for being cheeky.
(d) Forming an Inquisitorial Squad.
3. What is the result of the hex Hermione placed on anyone that breaks the confidence of the D.A.?
(a) Horrible sores that spell "LIAR" across the forehead.
(b) A voice that croaks like a bullfrog when trying to speak.
(c) Horrible sores that spell "SNEAK" across the face.
(d) An oozing green slime that pours from the ears.
4. Who does Dumbledore appoint as the new Divination professor?
(c) Mundungus Fletcher.
(d) Mrs. Weasley.
5. What is the art of Occlumency that Harry must learn?
(a) Viewing the future using a special optical tool.
(b) A new form of defensive magic that is highly restricted.
(c) Protecting the mind from dementor attacks.
(d) Protecting the mind from magical intrusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sirius after he fights Bellatrix Lestrange?
2. Why does Harry wish for death when Voldemort possesses him?
3. Why do the centaurs end up taking Umbridge away?
4. What does Hagrid tell Hermione and Ron he suspects will happen to him shortly after the Quidditch Cup?
5. What does Harry see when he daydreams during his History of Magic exam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Voldemort is afraid of Dumbledore?
2. Do you think Snape was being truthful or that he was helping Harry when he told Umbridge he had no more truth potion? Give details that support your assertion.
3. Why are the teachers secretly delighted at the way Fred and George react to Umbridge's new position of Headmaster?
4. Why is Harry so determined to continue pressing forward, even against his friends' advice?
5. Why do Sirius and Snape have a near-violent argument just before the children return to Hogwarts from the holiday break?
6. What reaction does Umbridge have to the O.W.L. examiners?
7. What is unusual about Dumbledore's demeanor when fighting Voldemort?
8. Why does Harry destroy so many items in Dumbledore's office after returning from the Ministry?
9. What light does Firenze's banishment from his people shed on the social structure of the wizarding world?
10. Do you think Sirius has any responsibility for his own fate when he is hit by a spell and disappears through the archway? Explain.
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)