|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hagrid save before escaping into the Forbidden Forest?
2. What causes Snape to leave Harry's Occlumency lesson after Umbridge is appointed Headmaster?
(a) The snakes from Umbridge's bed are now in the girls' lavatory.
(b) Malfoy interrupts to get help with a situation in the castle.
(c) Umbridge sends a message demanding Snape submit to a truth serum.
(d) A series of ominous noises from the Forbidden Forest.
3. What is the favor Hagrid needs the children to do for him?
(a) Tend the Thestrils in the forest.
(b) Maintain the truce with the centaurs.
(c) Take a message to Trelawney.
(d) Watch over his brother Grawp.
4. Who does Dumbledore appoint as the new Divination professor?
(a) Mundungus Fletcher.
(d) Mrs. Weasley.
5. What mode of transport do the children choose to travel to the Ministry and save Sirius?
(a) A magic carpet.
(b) Floo powder.
(c) A flying car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione advise Harry to do when she learns he is still dreaming about the hallway inside the Ministry?
2. How do Hermione and Harry get into Umbridge's office to try to communicate with Sirius?
3. What does Dumbledore say will happen if Minister Fudge's Aurors attack him?
4. What does Dumbledore do to get Harry out of trouble?
5. What does Sirius stress to Harry is the most important thing with Dumbledore gone from Hogwarts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it disturbing to see the lengths Hermione will go to to clear Harry's name?
2. What is Harry's reaction to learning Cho Chang has been dating another boy?
3. Why is Harry so disturbed when he views Snape's memory in the Pensieve?
4. Why is Luna able to comfort Harry about Sirius' death when no one else can?
5. Why are the centaurs angry with Hagrid, and what makes them decide not to attack him?
6. Why do you think the room with the orbs is so hard to get to?
7. What makes the presence of Bellatrix Lestrange so important in Chapter 35?
8. Why do you think Voldemort is afraid of Dumbledore?
9. Why is Kreacher so happy to report that Sirius may never return from the Department of Mysteries?
10. Why are the teachers secretly delighted at the way Fred and George react to Umbridge's new position of Headmaster?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)