|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the response of the general Hogwarts population to Fred and George's leave-taking?
(a) Criminal behavior is on the rise at Hogwarts and Professors are being attacked.
(b) While they admire the Weasleys, they are still afraid of Umbridge.
(c) There is a petition circulating to forcibly remove Umbridge as Headmaster.
(d) The students begin engaging in more mischief than usual.
2. Why does Nearly Headless Nick tell Harry he's not likely to see Sirius as a ghost?
(a) Only certain wizards are allowed to stay as ghosts.
(b) Most wizards choose to move on to whatever is after death.
(c) Ghosts rarely appear to those they were close to in life.
(d) Sirius isn't necessarily dead and may return from Beyond the Veil.
3. What does Harry try to do when he realizes Sirius has disappeared through the archway?
(a) Kill all the Death Eaters.
(b) Follow him in.
(c) Convince his friends to follow Sirius.
(d) Break his wand.
4. What keeps Hermione and Harry from being attacked by the centaurs?
(a) Grawp comes stumbling by and the centaurs attack him.
(b) The fact that they are still children.
(c) Hagrid's friendship still holds some sway with the centaurs.
(d) Hermione negotiates a deal for safe travel through the forest.
5. Where do the children find themselves after entering the black door from Harry's dreams?
(a) In a circular staircase heading down.
(b) Inside the office of the Minister of Magic.
(c) In a circular room with revolving identical black doors.
(d) Back in the forest where Umbridge is waiting with Voldemort.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave the prophecy that linked Harry forever with Voldemort?
2. What do Fred and George as a reaction to Umbridge's new position?
3. Where does Hermione lead Umbridge within the Forbidden Forest?
4. What happens to the orb after Harry gives it to Neville?
5. Why does Harry suspect Kreacher has been up to mischief when the house elf finally reappears?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry destroy so many items in Dumbledore's office after returning from the Ministry?
2. Why is it disturbing to see the lengths Hermione will go to to clear Harry's name?
3. Why does such a large group of students want to accompany Harry to the Ministry of Magic?
4. What is so impressive about Hagrid's fight with Umbridge and her goons?
5. What makes the presence of Bellatrix Lestrange so important in Chapter 35?
6. Why was it so important for Harry to remain with his horrible family while growing up?
7. What light does Firenze's banishment from his people shed on the social structure of the wizarding world?
8. Why is Kreacher so happy to report that Sirius may never return from the Department of Mysteries?
9. Despite Umbridge's reaction, what is heartening to Harry about how people respond to the newspaper article about his encounter with Voldemort?
10. Why is Luna able to comfort Harry about Sirius' death when no one else can?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)