|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Snape to leave Harry's Occlumency lesson after Umbridge is appointed Headmaster?
(a) The snakes from Umbridge's bed are now in the girls' lavatory.
(b) Umbridge sends a message demanding Snape submit to a truth serum.
(c) Malfoy interrupts to get help with a situation in the castle.
(d) A series of ominous noises from the Forbidden Forest.
2. Which of Harry's friends is tortured when trying to help Harry?
(a) Neville Longbottom.
(b) Luna Lovegood.
(c) Hermione Granger.
(d) Ron Weasley.
3. What mode of transport do the children choose to travel to the Ministry and save Sirius?
(b) A flying car.
(c) Floo powder.
(d) A magic carpet.
4. Why is Harry exasperated with Cho after their first date?
(a) Because she insists on paying for half of everything.
(b) Because she only talks about girly subjects Harry doesn't identify with.
(c) Because it ends with her leaving in tears.
(d) Because she doesn't really seem to be interested in Harry.
5. What does Sirius stress to Harry is the most important thing with Dumbledore gone from Hogwarts?
(a) To watch out for Umbridge because she is in league with Fudge.
(b) Keeping his friends safe and out of significant trouble.
(c) Getting good grades on the end of year exams.
(d) For Harry to continue mastering his Occlumency lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the children find their way from the room with black doors to the room they need?
2. How do Hermione and Harry get into Umbridge's office to try to communicate with Sirius?
3. What does Harry witness during his Astrology exam?
4. According to Dumbledore, how many people besides Sirius suffered permanent injuries in the fight against the Death Eaters?
5. What is Umbridge's first action upon being named the new Headmaster of Hogwarts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Harry so disturbed when he views Snape's memory in the Pensieve?
2. Why was it so important for Harry to remain with his horrible family while growing up?
3. What makes the presence of Bellatrix Lestrange so important in Chapter 35?
4. What is Harry's reaction to learning Cho Chang has been dating another boy?
5. What reaction does Umbridge have to the O.W.L. examiners?
6. What is the purpose of Umbridge's new decree that prohibits teachers from giving students information beyond their course curriculum?
7. Why are the teachers secretly delighted at the way Fred and George react to Umbridge's new position of Headmaster?
8. Why is Harry so determined to continue pressing forward, even against his friends' advice?
9. Why does such a large group of students want to accompany Harry to the Ministry of Magic?
10. Why is it significant that Harry is able to repel Snape from his mind only when Snape tries to see the memory of Harry and Cho kissing?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)