|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry see in the Pensieve that disturbs him?
(a) His mother and Snape in a romantic situation.
(b) Snape pushing Harry's father around in their first year at Hogwarts.
(c) His father bullying Snape when he was Harry's age.
(d) Snape in a meeting with Voldemort.
2. What happens to the orb after Harry gives it to Neville?
(a) Bellatrix Lestrange attacks Neville and takes it.
(b) Neville shatters it against a wall so no one can get it.
(c) Neville takes it and flees the Ministry.
(d) It slips out of Neville's pocket and shatters.
3. What does Harry do as soon as Snape leaves their interrupted Occlumency lesson?
(a) Tries to induce a trance so he can finish his dream.
(b) Practices his Defense Against the Dark Arts spells.
(c) Looks at Snape's memory in the Pensieve.
(d) Tries to find the components to an alchemical recipe for Hermione.
4. Who is the source of the screams that interrupt Harry and Snape's Occlumency lesson?
(a) Professor Umbridge.
(b) Ginny Weasley.
(c) Professor Trelawney.
(d) Cho Chang.
5. Why does Harry have an advantage when the Death Eaters surround him in the Department of Mysteries?
(a) Because his friends have their wands at the ready.
(b) Because he is so much smarter than they are.
(c) Because Dumbledore is on his way to meet them.
(d) Because he has the orb and they can't risk destroying it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the children find themselves after entering the black door from Harry's dreams?
2. What does Hagrid tell Hermione and Ron he suspects will happen to him shortly after the Quidditch Cup?
3. What is Umbridge's first action upon being named the new Headmaster of Hogwarts?
4. What does Dumbledore do to get Harry out of trouble?
5. What happens when Snape learns Harry has still been having the dreams about the hallway?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Snape was being truthful or that he was helping Harry when he told Umbridge he had no more truth potion? Give details that support your assertion.
2. What factors lead into Harry deciding he wants to become an Auror?
3. Why does such a large group of students want to accompany Harry to the Ministry of Magic?
4. Why do Harry and Hermione decide to wait to tell Ron about Hagrid's brother?
5. Why does Harry have such a difficult time understanding Cho's feelings and reaction during their first date?
6. Why do you think the room with the orbs is so hard to get to?
7. What makes the presence of Bellatrix Lestrange so important in Chapter 35?
8. Why is Harry so determined to continue pressing forward, even against his friends' advice?
9. Why is Luna able to comfort Harry about Sirius' death when no one else can?
10. Do you think Sirius has any responsibility for his own fate when he is hit by a spell and disappears through the archway? Explain.
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)