|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry have an advantage when the Death Eaters surround him in the Department of Mysteries?
(a) Because Dumbledore is on his way to meet them.
(b) Because he has the orb and they can't risk destroying it.
(c) Because he is so much smarter than they are.
(d) Because his friends have their wands at the ready.
2. What D.A. student shows the greatest improvement in the wake of the Death Eaters' escape?
(a) Neville Longbottom.
(b) Cho Chang.
(c) Hermione Granger.
(d) Ginny Weasley.
3. Why won't Dumbledore let Harry leave his office when Harry begins throwing things around?
(a) Because Harry needs to be punished for destroying things.
(b) Because Dumbledore needs to explain things to Harry.
(c) Because he doesn't want Harry to attack Draco Malfoy.
(d) Because he is concerned Harry is a danger to himself.
4. What keeps Voldemort from killing Harry with his death spell?
(a) A herd of centaurs join the fight.
(b) A statue leaps in front of Harry.
(c) Neville casts a counter-curse.
(d) A mirror reflects the spell back.
5. Why was Firenze banished by the other centaurs?
(a) For saving a human child that was lost in the Forbidden Forest.
(b) For allying himself with Voldemort during the last war.
(c) For becoming friends with Hagrid.
(d) For agreeing to help Dumbledore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harry learn betrayed the D.A. to Umbridge?
2. What takes Hermione and Harry away from watching the Quidditch Cup match?
3. What does Dumbledore do to get Harry out of trouble?
4. What mode of transport do the children choose to travel to the Ministry and save Sirius?
5. Why does Nearly Headless Nick tell Harry he's not likely to see Sirius as a ghost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about Dumbledore's demeanor when fighting Voldemort?
2. Why does Harry have such a difficult time understanding Cho's feelings and reaction during their first date?
3. Why is Kreacher so happy to report that Sirius may never return from the Department of Mysteries?
4. What is so impressive about Hagrid's fight with Umbridge and her goons?
5. What is the purpose of Umbridge's new decree that prohibits teachers from giving students information beyond their course curriculum?
6. Why do you think Voldemort is afraid of Dumbledore?
7. Why is Harry so disturbed when he views Snape's memory in the Pensieve?
8. Do you think Snape was being truthful or that he was helping Harry when he told Umbridge he had no more truth potion? Give details that support your assertion.
9. What could have prompted Marietta to betray the D.A. and get Harry into trouble?
10. Why was it so important for Harry to remain with his horrible family while growing up?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)