|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the favor Hagrid needs the children to do for him?
(a) Maintain the truce with the centaurs.
(b) Watch over his brother Grawp.
(c) Tend the Thestrils in the forest.
(d) Take a message to Trelawney.
2. What happens when Umbridge learns of the newspaper article about Harry's encounter with Voldemort?
(a) She vows to make the newspaper reprint the article with the "truth" about Harry's lies.
(b) She assigns Harry to another two months of detention.
(c) She tries to expel Harry from Hogwarts but is stopped by Dumbledore.
(d) She flies into a rage and forbids him from any future outings to Hogsmeade.
3. Why does Harry refuse the beverage Umbridge offers him when she summons him after being named Headmaster?
(a) He thinks it may have a truth serum in it.
(b) He is allergic to chamomile.
(c) He is afraid of anything she gives him after the enchanted pen.
(d) He is stubborn and has poor manners.
4. Why does Nearly Headless Nick tell Harry he's not likely to see Sirius as a ghost?
(a) Sirius isn't necessarily dead and may return from Beyond the Veil.
(b) Most wizards choose to move on to whatever is after death.
(c) Ghosts rarely appear to those they were close to in life.
(d) Only certain wizards are allowed to stay as ghosts.
5. Where does Hermione lead Umbridge within the Forbidden Forest?
(a) To the spider king.
(b) To Grawp.
(c) To the centaurs.
(d) To a carnivorous plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Dumbledore let Harry leave his office when Harry begins throwing things around?
2. What is Firenze's opinion of the human approach to Divination?
3. What does the Sunday Prophet say about Harry and Voldemort after the showdown at the Ministry?
4. What room are the children forced into when they run from the Death Eaters in the Department of Mysteries?
5. What is significant about the room where Harry saw Sirius tortured in his dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. Despite Umbridge's reaction, what is heartening to Harry about how people respond to the newspaper article about his encounter with Voldemort?
2. Why do you think the room with the orbs is so hard to get to?
3. What is Harry's reaction to learning Cho Chang has been dating another boy?
4. Why is it disturbing to see the lengths Hermione will go to to clear Harry's name?
5. Why is Luna able to comfort Harry about Sirius' death when no one else can?
6. What causes McGonagall to vow that she will see Harry an Auror if it's the last thing she does?
7. Why are the centaurs angry with Hagrid, and what makes them decide not to attack him?
8. What could have prompted Marietta to betray the D.A. and get Harry into trouble?
9. Why does such a large group of students want to accompany Harry to the Ministry of Magic?
10. What is so impressive about Hagrid's fight with Umbridge and her goons?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)