|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the centaurs end up taking Umbridge away?
(a) Because the children explain that she's a bad person.
(b) Because she won't stop talking.
(c) Because she attacks them with magic.
(d) Because they want to kill all adult humans.
2. What takes Hermione and Harry away from watching the Quidditch Cup match?
(a) Hagrid comes to them asking for a favor.
(b) Dumbledore sends an owl with a message for Harry.
(c) Umbridge accuses them of creating a swamp in the hallways.
(d) Malfoy hints that Sirius may be at the school.
3. What do Fred and George as a reaction to Umbridge's new position?
(a) Poison the drinking fountain in Slytherin house with a vomit-inducing liquid.
(b) Release fireworks all over the school.
(c) Set snakes loose in Umbridge's bed.
(d) Break into Umbridge's office.
4. What does Harry learn about his recurring dream during his first Occlumency lesson?
(a) That the hallway he sees is inside the Ministry of Magic.
(b) That the snake is actually Voldemort.
(c) That he was actually in control and was responsible for the attack on Mr. Weasley.
(d) That it is a memory from his childhood after his family was killed.
5. What do the children discover that caused Voldemort to be so ecstatic when Harry linked with him after his Occlumency lesson?
(a) The discovery of a missing component for a Dark Arts ritual to bring Voldemort back to full life.
(b) The escape of Death Eaters from Azkaban.
(c) The successful raid on the Department of Mysteries by Death Eaters.
(d) That Harry is still unable to block Voldemort from his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry try to do when he realizes Sirius has disappeared through the archway?
2. What room are the children forced into when they run from the Death Eaters in the Department of Mysteries?
3. What is the art of Occlumency that Harry must learn?
4. Why does Harry break into Umbridge's office after his career counseling session?
5. What happens to Sirius after he fights Bellatrix Lestrange?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Luna able to comfort Harry about Sirius' death when no one else can?
2. What is unusual about Dumbledore's demeanor when fighting Voldemort?
3. Why do Sirius and Snape have a near-violent argument just before the children return to Hogwarts from the holiday break?
4. Why does Harry destroy so many items in Dumbledore's office after returning from the Ministry?
5. Why is it disturbing to see the lengths Hermione will go to to clear Harry's name?
6. What could have prompted Marietta to betray the D.A. and get Harry into trouble?
7. Why is it significant that Harry is able to repel Snape from his mind only when Snape tries to see the memory of Harry and Cho kissing?
8. What light does Firenze's banishment from his people shed on the social structure of the wizarding world?
9. Despite Umbridge's reaction, what is heartening to Harry about how people respond to the newspaper article about his encounter with Voldemort?
10. What aspect of Umbridge's personality becomes her undoing in the novel?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)