|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children discover that caused Voldemort to be so ecstatic when Harry linked with him after his Occlumency lesson?
(a) The discovery of a missing component for a Dark Arts ritual to bring Voldemort back to full life.
(b) The successful raid on the Department of Mysteries by Death Eaters.
(c) The escape of Death Eaters from Azkaban.
(d) That Harry is still unable to block Voldemort from his mind.
2. Why does Nearly Headless Nick tell Harry he's not likely to see Sirius as a ghost?
(a) Sirius isn't necessarily dead and may return from Beyond the Veil.
(b) Only certain wizards are allowed to stay as ghosts.
(c) Ghosts rarely appear to those they were close to in life.
(d) Most wizards choose to move on to whatever is after death.
3. Why is Harry exasperated with Cho after their first date?
(a) Because she doesn't really seem to be interested in Harry.
(b) Because it ends with her leaving in tears.
(c) Because she insists on paying for half of everything.
(d) Because she only talks about girly subjects Harry doesn't identify with.
4. Why does Dumbledore feel culpable for Sirius' death?
(a) He had the option to stop Sirius but was busy saving someone else.
(b) If he had been more honest with Harry, much of this could have been avoided.
(c) He had an argument with Sirius that resulted in Sirius going to the Ministry after Harry.
(d) He has an overdeveloped sense of responsibility for his students.
5. What causes a slight shifting in students' attitudes toward Harry?
(a) The escape of Death Eaters from Azkaban.
(b) Sightings of Voldemort along Diagon Alley.
(c) A newspaper article declaring that Harry is right.
(d) The murder of a Ministry employee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ron find in the room?
2. Why does Harry wish for death when Voldemort possesses him?
3. What happens to Umbridge when she returns to Hogwarts?
4. What is the result of the hex Hermione placed on anyone that breaks the confidence of the D.A.?
5. What is significant about the room where Harry saw Sirius tortured in his dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Harry so disturbed when he views Snape's memory in the Pensieve?
2. Why does Harry destroy so many items in Dumbledore's office after returning from the Ministry?
3. What reaction does Umbridge have to the O.W.L. examiners?
4. Why was it so important for Harry to remain with his horrible family while growing up?
5. Despite Umbridge's reaction, what is heartening to Harry about how people respond to the newspaper article about his encounter with Voldemort?
6. What is unusual about Dumbledore's demeanor when fighting Voldemort?
7. What factors lead into Harry deciding he wants to become an Auror?
8. What is Harry's reaction to learning Cho Chang has been dating another boy?
9. Why is it disturbing to see the lengths Hermione will go to to clear Harry's name?
10. Why does Harry have such a difficult time understanding Cho's feelings and reaction during their first date?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)