|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Voldemort to finally materialize in the Ministry lobby?
(a) Hearing that the prophecy was destroyed.
(b) Dumbledore's absence.
(c) Bellatrix being defeated by Harry.
(d) Harry's being alone without friends to help him.
2. What does Dumbledore do to get Harry out of trouble?
(a) Helps Harry escape through the secret tunnel in his office.
(b) Casts a forgetting spell on everyone in the room.
(c) Claims he created the D.A. and is trying to overthrow Minister Fudge.
(d) Threatens Fudge with a secret that Fudge doesn't want revealed to the wizarding world.
3. What does Harry do as soon as Snape leaves their interrupted Occlumency lesson?
(a) Practices his Defense Against the Dark Arts spells.
(b) Tries to induce a trance so he can finish his dream.
(c) Tries to find the components to an alchemical recipe for Hermione.
(d) Looks at Snape's memory in the Pensieve.
4. What does Harry witness during his Astrology exam?
(a) Umbridge and her followers attacking Hagrid.
(b) A herd of centaurs sneaking onto the campus.
(c) Fred and George's last trick that was set to go off during exams.
(d) Hermione's total meltdown from too much studying.
5. What character does Dumbledore choose to teach Harry Occlumency?
(a) Mrs. Weasley.
(b) Professor Snape.
(c) Professor McGonagall.
(d) Sirius Black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first clue something is not right when the children arrive at the Ministry of Magic?
2. What happens when Umbridge learns of the newspaper article about Harry's encounter with Voldemort?
3. What do Fred and George announce when they publicly quit Hogwarts?
4. What do the children discover that caused Voldemort to be so ecstatic when Harry linked with him after his Occlumency lesson?
5. Why is Harry exasperated with Cho after their first date?
Short Essay Questions
1. What light does Firenze's banishment from his people shed on the social structure of the wizarding world?
2. Why do you think Voldemort is afraid of Dumbledore?
3. Why is it significant that Harry is able to repel Snape from his mind only when Snape tries to see the memory of Harry and Cho kissing?
4. Why do Sirius and Snape have a near-violent argument just before the children return to Hogwarts from the holiday break?
5. Do you think Snape was being truthful or that he was helping Harry when he told Umbridge he had no more truth potion? Give details that support your assertion.
6. Why are the centaurs angry with Hagrid, and what makes them decide not to attack him?
7. Why is Kreacher so happy to report that Sirius may never return from the Department of Mysteries?
8. Why is Harry so determined to continue pressing forward, even against his friends' advice?
9. Why is Harry so disturbed when he views Snape's memory in the Pensieve?
10. Why is it disturbing to see the lengths Hermione will go to to clear Harry's name?
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)