|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Firenze banished by the other centaurs?
(a) For agreeing to help Dumbledore.
(b) For saving a human child that was lost in the Forbidden Forest.
(c) For allying himself with Voldemort during the last war.
(d) For becoming friends with Hagrid.
2. What does Dumbledore tell Harry about Snape while explaining the events of the past months?
(a) That Snape was actively trying to help Harry while Dumbledore was gone.
(b) That Snape was in love with Harry's mother.
(c) That Snape is Dumbledore's illegitimate son.
(d) That Snape must be watched and isn't to be trusted.
3. What character does Dumbledore choose to teach Harry Occlumency?
(a) Sirius Black.
(b) Mrs. Weasley.
(c) Professor Snape.
(d) Professor McGonagall.
4. What does Harry find that he'd forgotten Sirius gave to him?
(a) A mirror Harry's father used to communicate with Sirius.
(b) A picture of Sirius with Harry's parents.
(c) A letter for Hermione giving her permission to free Kreacher.
(d) The newest Nimbus 4500 broomstick.
5. What does Harry try to do when he realizes Sirius has disappeared through the archway?
(a) Kill all the Death Eaters.
(b) Break his wand.
(c) Follow him in.
(d) Convince his friends to follow Sirius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Voldemort from killing Harry with his death spell?
2. What does Harry see in the Pensieve that disturbs him?
3. Who gave the prophecy that linked Harry forever with Voldemort?
4. How does the Gryffindor Quidditch team fare in their first match with new players?
5. What does Harry witness during his Astrology exam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry destroy so many items in Dumbledore's office after returning from the Ministry?
2. Despite Umbridge's reaction, what is heartening to Harry about how people respond to the newspaper article about his encounter with Voldemort?
3. Why is it significant that Harry is able to repel Snape from his mind only when Snape tries to see the memory of Harry and Cho kissing?
4. What is the purpose of Umbridge's new decree that prohibits teachers from giving students information beyond their course curriculum?
5. What reaction does Umbridge have to the O.W.L. examiners?
6. What light does Firenze's banishment from his people shed on the social structure of the wizarding world?
7. Why is Harry so determined to continue pressing forward, even against his friends' advice?
8. Why do you think Voldemort is afraid of Dumbledore?
9. Why are the teachers secretly delighted at the way Fred and George react to Umbridge's new position of Headmaster?
10. Why is Kreacher so happy to report that Sirius may never return from the Department of Mysteries?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)