|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry break into Umbridge's office after his career counseling session?
(a) To find more enchanted items that could get her arrested.
(b) So he can use the fireplace to speak with Sirius.
(c) To look for clues about the Ministry's agenda at Hogwarts.
(d) So he can destroy the files she is keeping on the students.
2. What does Harry do as soon as Snape leaves their interrupted Occlumency lesson?
(a) Tries to induce a trance so he can finish his dream.
(b) Tries to find the components to an alchemical recipe for Hermione.
(c) Practices his Defense Against the Dark Arts spells.
(d) Looks at Snape's memory in the Pensieve.
3. Who is the source of the screams that interrupt Harry and Snape's Occlumency lesson?
(a) Professor Umbridge.
(b) Cho Chang.
(c) Professor Trelawney.
(d) Ginny Weasley.
4. What happens to Umbridge when she returns to Hogwarts?
(a) She apologizes to the students and is forgiven.
(b) She is interrogated by Dumbledore and then finally set free.
(c) She is jeered out of the castle by the ghosts and students.
(d) She is forced to endure one of her own twisted detentions.
5. What does Harry tell Umbridge about who he was trying to speak with through the fireplace in her office?
(a) He was trying to contact Mr. Weasley.
(b) He was dialing the Ministry of Magic to speak with Fudge.
(c) He refuses to tell her anything.
(d) He was contacting Dumbledore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Dumbledore let Harry leave his office when Harry begins throwing things around?
2. What two teachers are being targeted for dismissal by Umbridge?
3. What does Harry see when he daydreams during his History of Magic exam?
4. What is put into Dumbledore's Pensieve before the first Occlumency lesson?
5. What does the Sunday Prophet say about Harry and Voldemort after the showdown at the Ministry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Luna able to comfort Harry about Sirius' death when no one else can?
2. Why is it disturbing to see the lengths Hermione will go to to clear Harry's name?
3. Why do you think the room with the orbs is so hard to get to?
4. Why do you think Voldemort is afraid of Dumbledore?
5. Why are the teachers secretly delighted at the way Fred and George react to Umbridge's new position of Headmaster?
6. Why does Harry destroy so many items in Dumbledore's office after returning from the Ministry?
7. What reaction does Umbridge have to the O.W.L. examiners?
8. What light does Firenze's banishment from his people shed on the social structure of the wizarding world?
9. What makes the presence of Bellatrix Lestrange so important in Chapter 35?
10. Why is it significant that Harry is able to repel Snape from his mind only when Snape tries to see the memory of Harry and Cho kissing?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)