|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Harry's friends is tortured when trying to help Harry?
(a) Hermione Granger.
(b) Neville Longbottom.
(c) Ron Weasley.
(d) Luna Lovegood.
2. How does the Gryffindor Quidditch team fare in their first match with new players?
(a) Very well. They win by 25 points.
(b) Not too bad. They lose by only 1 point.
(c) Pretty well. They win by 5 points.
(d) Horribly. They lose by 10 points.
3. What does Draco swear to do when he meets Harry back at Hogwarts after the battle at the Ministry?
(a) Free his father from Azkaban.
(b) That he will have revenge on Harry for what happened to his father.
(c) Become Harry's best friend and mend his ways.
(d) Help defeat Voldemort.
4. Why wasn't Harry made a prefect?
(a) His friends were much more qualified.
(b) Dumbledore thought he had enough to worry about.
(c) Dumbledore didn't want to draw more attention to him.
(d) He isn't popular enough at Hogwarts.
5. What takes Hermione and Harry away from watching the Quidditch Cup match?
(a) Umbridge accuses them of creating a swamp in the hallways.
(b) Hagrid comes to them asking for a favor.
(c) Dumbledore sends an owl with a message for Harry.
(d) Malfoy hints that Sirius may be at the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dumbledore feel culpable for Sirius' death?
2. What does Dumbledore say will happen if Minister Fudge's Aurors attack him?
3. What does Sirius stress to Harry is the most important thing with Dumbledore gone from Hogwarts?
4. Why was Firenze banished by the other centaurs?
5. What is put into Dumbledore's Pensieve before the first Occlumency lesson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry have such a difficult time understanding Cho's feelings and reaction during their first date?
2. Why is Luna able to comfort Harry about Sirius' death when no one else can?
3. What is Harry's reaction to learning Cho Chang has been dating another boy?
4. Do you think Snape was being truthful or that he was helping Harry when he told Umbridge he had no more truth potion? Give details that support your assertion.
5. Why does such a large group of students want to accompany Harry to the Ministry of Magic?
6. Do you think Sirius has any responsibility for his own fate when he is hit by a spell and disappears through the archway? Explain.
7. What is so impressive about Hagrid's fight with Umbridge and her goons?
8. Why do you think Voldemort is afraid of Dumbledore?
9. Why is it disturbing to see the lengths Hermione will go to to clear Harry's name?
10. Why are the teachers secretly delighted at the way Fred and George react to Umbridge's new position of Headmaster?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)