|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermione advise Harry to do when she learns he is still dreaming about the hallway inside the Ministry?
(a) Speak to Snape about raising the intensity of his Occlumency training.
(b) Stop being a silly boy and wake himself up when he starts having the dream.
(c) Keep quiet about the dreams since he's supposed to be learning to stop them.
(d) Tell Dumbledore immediately so he can warn the Ministry to protect what's inside.
2. What mode of transport do the children choose to travel to the Ministry and save Sirius?
(b) A magic carpet.
(c) A flying car.
(d) Floo powder.
3. What room are the children forced into when they run from the Death Eaters in the Department of Mysteries?
(a) The room with the rotating doors.
(b) The room with the floating brains.
(c) The room filled with floating keys.
(d) The room with the three-headed dog.
4. What is the art of Occlumency that Harry must learn?
(a) A new form of defensive magic that is highly restricted.
(b) Viewing the future using a special optical tool.
(c) Protecting the mind from dementor attacks.
(d) Protecting the mind from magical intrusion.
5. What is the first clue something is not right when the children arrive at the Ministry of Magic?
(a) There are dark clouds gathering just above the Ministry.
(b) Minister Fudge welcomes them in personally.
(c) There is no security whatsoever.
(d) The doors are all wide open.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Hermione and Harry get into Umbridge's office to try to communicate with Sirius?
2. What does Dumbledore do to get Harry out of trouble?
3. What do the children discover that caused Voldemort to be so ecstatic when Harry linked with him after his Occlumency lesson?
4. Which of Harry's friends is tortured when trying to help Harry?
5. What is shocking about Harry's fight with Lestrange?
Short Essay Questions
1. What aspect of Umbridge's personality becomes her undoing in the novel?
2. Despite Umbridge's reaction, what is heartening to Harry about how people respond to the newspaper article about his encounter with Voldemort?
3. Why is it significant that Harry is able to repel Snape from his mind only when Snape tries to see the memory of Harry and Cho kissing?
4. Why is Harry so disturbed when he views Snape's memory in the Pensieve?
5. Why does Harry have such a difficult time understanding Cho's feelings and reaction during their first date?
6. What is so impressive about Hagrid's fight with Umbridge and her goons?
7. Why does such a large group of students want to accompany Harry to the Ministry of Magic?
8. Why does Harry destroy so many items in Dumbledore's office after returning from the Ministry?
9. Why was it so important for Harry to remain with his horrible family while growing up?
10. What is Harry's reaction to learning Cho Chang has been dating another boy?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)