|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What room are the children forced into when they run from the Death Eaters in the Department of Mysteries?
(a) The room with the rotating doors.
(b) The room with the three-headed dog.
(c) The room with the floating brains.
(d) The room filled with floating keys.
2. How do the children find their way from the room with black doors to the room they need?
(a) Hermione uses a piece of plain chalk to mark the walls and their progress.
(b) They hear Sirius screaming and follow the sound.
(c) They pull out the enchanted map and it redraws itself to match the Ministry.
(d) They use a marking spell to show where they've already been.
3. What Quidditch Team wins the Quidditch Cup match?
4. What does Draco swear to do when he meets Harry back at Hogwarts after the battle at the Ministry?
(a) Free his father from Azkaban.
(b) Become Harry's best friend and mend his ways.
(c) Help defeat Voldemort.
(d) That he will have revenge on Harry for what happened to his father.
5. What takes Hermione and Harry away from watching the Quidditch Cup match?
(a) Hagrid comes to them asking for a favor.
(b) Dumbledore sends an owl with a message for Harry.
(c) Umbridge accuses them of creating a swamp in the hallways.
(d) Malfoy hints that Sirius may be at the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do as soon as Snape leaves their interrupted Occlumency lesson?
2. What does Dumbledore do to get Harry out of trouble?
3. Why is McGonagall taken to the infirmary?
4. What is the response of the general Hogwarts population to Fred and George's leave-taking?
5. Why does Harry protest his friends accompanying him to the Ministry of Magic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the centaurs angry with Hagrid, and what makes them decide not to attack him?
2. What light does Firenze's banishment from his people shed on the social structure of the wizarding world?
3. Why is Harry so determined to continue pressing forward, even against his friends' advice?
4. Why do you think Voldemort is afraid of Dumbledore?
5. Why does such a large group of students want to accompany Harry to the Ministry of Magic?
6. Why does Harry destroy so many items in Dumbledore's office after returning from the Ministry?
7. Why is it significant that Harry is able to repel Snape from his mind only when Snape tries to see the memory of Harry and Cho kissing?
8. Do you think Snape was being truthful or that he was helping Harry when he told Umbridge he had no more truth potion? Give details that support your assertion.
9. Why is Luna able to comfort Harry about Sirius' death when no one else can?
10. What makes the presence of Bellatrix Lestrange so important in Chapter 35?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)