|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry learn about his recurring dream during his first Occlumency lesson?
(a) That the snake is actually Voldemort.
(b) That the hallway he sees is inside the Ministry of Magic.
(c) That he was actually in control and was responsible for the attack on Mr. Weasley.
(d) That it is a memory from his childhood after his family was killed.
2. How do Hermione and Harry get into Umbridge's office to try to communicate with Sirius?
(a) They stun everyone that sees them sneaking about.
(b) The Room of Requirement creates a hallway into the office.
(c) Using Harry's invisibility cloak and knife.
(d) Filch lets them in by accident.
3. What profession does Harry tell McGonagall he wants to pursue after Hogwarts?
(a) Quidditch Seeker.
(c) Dragon Tamer.
4. What causes a slight shifting in students' attitudes toward Harry?
(a) The escape of Death Eaters from Azkaban.
(b) The murder of a Ministry employee.
(c) Sightings of Voldemort along Diagon Alley.
(d) A newspaper article declaring that Harry is right.
5. Why do the centaurs end up taking Umbridge away?
(a) Because she won't stop talking.
(b) Because they want to kill all adult humans.
(c) Because she attacks them with magic.
(d) Because the children explain that she's a bad person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dumbledore feel culpable for Sirius' death?
2. Why does Harry refuse the beverage Umbridge offers him when she summons him after being named Headmaster?
3. What is Umbridge's first action upon being named the new Headmaster of Hogwarts?
4. What room are the children forced into when they run from the Death Eaters in the Department of Mysteries?
5. How does the Gryffindor Quidditch team fare in their first match with new players?
Short Essay Questions
1. What aspect of Umbridge's personality becomes her undoing in the novel?
2. Why are the teachers secretly delighted at the way Fred and George react to Umbridge's new position of Headmaster?
3. What is Harry's reaction to learning Cho Chang has been dating another boy?
4. Why is it disturbing to see the lengths Hermione will go to to clear Harry's name?
5. What causes McGonagall to vow that she will see Harry an Auror if it's the last thing she does?
6. Why is Kreacher so happy to report that Sirius may never return from the Department of Mysteries?
7. Do you think Snape was being truthful or that he was helping Harry when he told Umbridge he had no more truth potion? Give details that support your assertion.
8. Why was it so important for Harry to remain with his horrible family while growing up?
9. What reaction does Umbridge have to the O.W.L. examiners?
10. What is the purpose of Umbridge's new decree that prohibits teachers from giving students information beyond their course curriculum?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)