|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What official is unexpectedly present when Harry is caught holding meetings of the D.A.?
(a) Professor Umbridge.
(b) Minister Fudge.
(c) Lucious Malfoy.
(d) Arthur Weasley.
2. What is put into Dumbledore's Pensieve before the first Occlumency lesson?
(a) Some of Snape's memories.
(b) A family portrait of the Weasleys.
(c) Harry's memories of his family.
(d) A drop of gryphon blood.
3. What causes McGonagall to fight with Umbridge during Harry's career counseling session?
(a) Umbridge keeps threatening Harry with expulsion.
(b) McGonagall is sick of having someone look over her shoulder.
(c) Umbridge insults McGonagall's counseling abilities.
(d) Umbridge states that Harry can never become an Auror.
4. What does Harry learn about his recurring dream during his first Occlumency lesson?
(a) That the snake is actually Voldemort.
(b) That he was actually in control and was responsible for the attack on Mr. Weasley.
(c) That the hallway he sees is inside the Ministry of Magic.
(d) That it is a memory from his childhood after his family was killed.
5. Which of Harry's friends is tortured when trying to help Harry?
(a) Neville Longbottom.
(b) Hermione Granger.
(c) Ron Weasley.
(d) Luna Lovegood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the art of Occlumency that Harry must learn?
2. What causes a slight shifting in students' attitudes toward Harry?
3. Why does Harry wish for death when Voldemort possesses him?
4. What character does Dumbledore choose to teach Harry Occlumency?
5. What does Kreacher tell Harry and Hermione about Sirius when they talk through the Floo powder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it significant that Harry is able to repel Snape from his mind only when Snape tries to see the memory of Harry and Cho kissing?
2. Why is Harry so determined to continue pressing forward, even against his friends' advice?
3. Why is Luna able to comfort Harry about Sirius' death when no one else can?
4. What is the purpose of Umbridge's new decree that prohibits teachers from giving students information beyond their course curriculum?
5. Why do you think the room with the orbs is so hard to get to?
6. Why does Harry have such a difficult time understanding Cho's feelings and reaction during their first date?
7. Why does Harry destroy so many items in Dumbledore's office after returning from the Ministry?
8. Why are the teachers secretly delighted at the way Fred and George react to Umbridge's new position of Headmaster?
9. Why do Sirius and Snape have a near-violent argument just before the children return to Hogwarts from the holiday break?
10. What aspect of Umbridge's personality becomes her undoing in the novel?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)