|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Fred and George announce when they publicly quit Hogwarts?
(a) That they will return if any of their friends need them.
(b) That Umbridge is a silly old cow.
(c) The recommencing of D.A. practices in Hogsmeade.
(d) The opening of their new joke shop.
2. How does Hermione trick Umbridge into stopping her plans to torture Harry?
(a) By pretending to turn on her friends and sell them out.
(b) By convincing her they know the whereabouts of a weapon Dumbledore seeks.
(c) By acting as though she is possessed by the ghost of Umbridge's mother.
(d) By acting as though she'd fainted in order to get hold of a wand.
3. What is shocking about Harry's fight with Lestrange?
(a) She won't fight him because they're related.
(b) How easily she defeats him.
(c) He uses a forbidden torture curse on her.
(d) She is too afraid to cast spells at Harry.
4. What does Harry try to do when he realizes Sirius has disappeared through the archway?
(a) Kill all the Death Eaters.
(b) Convince his friends to follow Sirius.
(c) Break his wand.
(d) Follow him in.
5. What happens when Umbridge learns of the newspaper article about Harry's encounter with Voldemort?
(a) She tries to expel Harry from Hogwarts but is stopped by Dumbledore.
(b) She flies into a rage and forbids him from any future outings to Hogsmeade.
(c) She assigns Harry to another two months of detention.
(d) She vows to make the newspaper reprint the article with the "truth" about Harry's lies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kreacher tell Harry and Hermione about Sirius when they talk through the Floo powder?
2. Who does Hagrid save before escaping into the Forbidden Forest?
3. What is Firenze's opinion of the human approach to Divination?
4. What does Hermione advise Harry to do when she learns he is still dreaming about the hallway inside the Ministry?
5. What does Harry find that he'd forgotten Sirius gave to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the presence of Bellatrix Lestrange so important in Chapter 35?
2. What could have prompted Marietta to betray the D.A. and get Harry into trouble?
3. What factors lead into Harry deciding he wants to become an Auror?
4. What aspect of Umbridge's personality becomes her undoing in the novel?
5. What is the purpose of Umbridge's new decree that prohibits teachers from giving students information beyond their course curriculum?
6. What reaction does Umbridge have to the O.W.L. examiners?
7. Why is it significant that Harry is able to repel Snape from his mind only when Snape tries to see the memory of Harry and Cho kissing?
8. Do you think Sirius has any responsibility for his own fate when he is hit by a spell and disappears through the archway? Explain.
9. What is Harry's reaction to learning Cho Chang has been dating another boy?
10. Why is it disturbing to see the lengths Hermione will go to to clear Harry's name?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)