|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Weasley shout at her husband while visiting him in the hospital?
(a) He has been eating food not on the hospital's approved diet menu.
(b) Because he accepted Muggle-style stitches to try to make his wound heal faster.
(c) Because he is trying to sneak out of the hospital to protect his family.
(d) He has been experimenting with the Dark Arts to better protect his family.
2. Why does Hermione begin to question whether it's a good idea to meet in their secret club?
(a) Because Harry has been behaving unreliably.
(b) Because she doesn't want to be repsonsible for getting the others into trouble.
(c) Because Sirius thinks it's a good idea.
(d) Because she dislikes breaking rules.
3. What disturbing information do the children learn by eavesdropping on the adults at the hospital?
(a) That Harry may be in danger of being possessed by Voldemort.
(b) That Voldemort is planning to stage an attack on Hogwarts.
(c) That Umbridge is actually a member of the Order of the Phoenix.
(d) That Sirius has been in league with the Death Eaters.
4. What cuts short the children's first visit with Hagrid after his return to Hogwarts?
(a) Umbridge's arrival.
(b) Hagrid succumbs to his injuries.
(c) Dumbledore's arrival.
(d) Hagrid is exhausted and needs to sleep.
5. What does Hagrid learn about his mother on his trip?
(a) She became leader of the giants.
(b) She remarried and had two other children.
(c) She tried for years to find him to reconcile their relationship.
(d) She died several years earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems strange about Harry facing the Wizengamot?
2. What person was in disguise watching the children during their first meeting of Dumbledore's Army?
3. Why is it difficult for Harry to summon his Patronus Charm?
4. Why is the current leader of the giants of great concern to Dumbledore?
5. What Ministry employee has been sent to Hogwarts as the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it significant that Professor Umbridge takes over during the feast?
2. What makes the hearing in Chapter 8 so unusual?
3. Why is Luna able to comfort Harry about Sirius' death when no one else can?
4. Why is it ironic that Harry was willing to endanger the Dursleys by going home for the holidays?
5. What is unusual about Dumbledore's demeanor when fighting Voldemort?
6. What aspect of Umbridge's personality becomes her undoing in the novel?
7. Why was it so important for Harry to remain with his horrible family while growing up?
8. In Chapter 1, why does Harry have such a difficult time summoning his Patronus Charm?
9. Why is Mrs. Weasley so determined to keep Harry from learning more information about Voldemort and current events in the magical community?
10. Why is Harry so disturbed when he views Snape's memory in the Pensieve?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)