|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry fight with Professor Umbridge during the Defense Against the Dark Arts class?
(a) Harry doesn't like the textbook she has chosen for the class.
(b) Because Harry believes Voldemort has returned.
(c) Because Umbridge doesn't think house elfs should have citizen rights.
(d) That Umbridge voted against Harry during his hearing.
2. How many owls did Harry receive after returning home from the dementor attack?
3. What person was in disguise watching the children during their first meeting of Dumbledore's Army?
(a) Mundungus Fletcher.
(c) Mrs. Figg.
(d) Professor McGonagall.
4. The Order of the Phoenix Headquarters are housed in the ancestral home of which character?
(a) Mrs. Weasley.
(b) Sirius Black.
(c) Severus Snape.
(d) Mundungus Fletcher.
5. Why does Hermione begin to question whether it's a good idea to meet in their secret club?
(a) Because Sirius thinks it's a good idea.
(b) Because she doesn't want to be repsonsible for getting the others into trouble.
(c) Because she dislikes breaking rules.
(d) Because Harry has been behaving unreliably.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character awakens Harry from his dream about the long corridor?
2. Harry is surprised by the number of students that come to the first meeting; how many showed up?
3. Why do Harry and friends advise Sirius against coming to visit them disguised as a black dog?
4. How long does Harry wait for news after sending his letters?
5. What does Cho Chang tell Harry at the end of Chapter 18 that makes him secretly happy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Hermione's method for keeping track of the D.A. schedule ironic?
2. In Chapter 1, why does Harry have such a difficult time summoning his Patronus Charm?
3. What does Sirius' family home reveal about his background that shocks Harry?
4. Describe the different approaches Ron and Hermione want to take in regards to attempting to free house elves.
5. What purpose does Educational Decree Number Twenty-four serve, aside from obviously disbanding groups?
6. Why is Harry emotionally torn when he discovers in Hagrid's class that others can see the Thestrals?
7. What success did Hagrid have in accomplishing his mission?
8. Why is it significant that Professor Umbridge takes over during the feast?
9. Why is it ironic that Harry was willing to endanger the Dursleys by going home for the holidays?
10. Name two reasons that Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place is important to Harry.
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)