|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Harry and friends see in the flames while speaking with Sirius that alarms them?
(a) Voldemort in the background of the flames spying on their conversation.
(b) Umbridge's hand reaching out to grab Sirius' head.
(c) Sirius attacked from behind before he disappears.
(d) A vision of Sirius' home collapsing in on itself.
2. In Chapter 13, what secret of Ron's does Harry learn?
(a) That Ron is thinking of leaving Hogwarts to pursue professional football.
(b) Ron has been cheating in Occlumency.
(c) Ron has secretly been practicing to become the new Gryffindor Seeker.
(d) Ron is secretly in love with Hermione.
3. Why is it difficult for Harry to summon his Patronus Charm?
(a) Because his wand is broken.
(b) Because he is so sad.
(c) Because he doesn't study enough.
(d) Because he doesn't want to save his cousin.
4. The Order of the Phoenix Headquarters are housed in the ancestral home of which character?
(a) Severus Snape.
(b) Mundungus Fletcher.
(c) Sirius Black.
(d) Mrs. Weasley.
5. What person was in disguise watching the children during their first meeting of Dumbledore's Army?
(a) Professor McGonagall.
(c) Mundungus Fletcher.
(d) Mrs. Figg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ms. Figg assigned to do in Little Whinging?
2. At the last D.A. meeting before the holidays, why does Cho break down while talking to Harry?
3. Why do George and Fred keep taking things they find in the Black House?
4. What does Hagrid learn about his mother on his trip?
5. What do Sirius and Mrs. Weasley argue about in Chapter Five?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Voldemort is afraid of Dumbledore?
2. What causes McGonagall to vow that she will see Harry an Auror if it's the last thing she does?
3. What action, on the part of the Ministry of Magic, shows how serious they are about undermining Dumbledore's influence?
4. How does the author use the long, uneventful journey from the Order to the Ministry to illustrate Harry's situation?
5. What part of being treated like an adult is difficult for the Weasley children when they are not allowed to rush to their father's bedside?
6. What is so unusual about the song the Sorting Hat sings at the beginning of Chapter 11? What could that mean for the students of Hogwarts?
7. Why does Harry stay awake all night before going to visit Mr. Weasley at the hospital?
8. Why does Harry destroy so many items in Dumbledore's office after returning from the Ministry?
9. What is so impressive about Hagrid's fight with Umbridge and her goons?
10. Why do Harry and Hermione decide to wait to tell Ron about Hagrid's brother?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)