|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boggart reveal about Mrs. Weasley?
(a) She was Lily Potter's best friend and misses her terribly.
(b) She is worried her family will die fighting Voldemort.
(c) Her children are not all biologically hers.
(d) She is acting as a spy under Voldemort's influence.
2. Where is the first informational meeting of the Defense Against the Dark Arts club held?
(a) The Hog's Head.
(b) Forbidden Forest.
(c) Hagrid's shack.
(d) The school library.
3. After learning of the attack on Mr. Weasley, why does Dumbledore send former Headmaster paintings to search for him?
(a) Because he is too afraid of Voldemort to go look himself.
(b) Because the paintings can appear in any frame that bears their name.
(c) Because the paintings are more trustworthy than the Order of the Phoenix.
(d) Because it doesn't matter if something attacks a painting since they're already dead.
4. What happens during Potions class that gives Snape an opportunity to humiliate Harry?
(a) Harry is the only student unable to successfully make the potion for the day.
(b) Ron's potion explodes all over Harry and makes him break out in a green rash.
(c) Harry is caught cheating off Cho's notes.
(d) Harry forgets a step in the potion recipe and is unable to complete it correctly.
5. What explanation does Hagrid give for his extended absence?
(a) He was gone because he was poisoned by a large spider over the summer and needed time to recover.
(b) He was on vacation with his new love, Madame Maxime.
(c) He was visiting the mountains to make sure Norbert was well cared for.
(d) He was in the mountains speaking to the giants for Dumbledore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hagrid learn about his mother on his trip?
2. Why does Hermione begin to question whether it's a good idea to meet in their secret club?
3. Why is Sirius the happiest Harry has ever seen during the holidays?
4. What does Cho Chang tell Harry at the end of Chapter 18 that makes him secretly happy?
5. Why is it difficult for Harry to summon his Patronus Charm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think it is so difficult for Harry to accept the position teaching students Defense Against the Dark Arts?
2. What success did Hagrid have in accomplishing his mission?
3. Why did Dumbledore send Hagrid to attempt negotiations with the giants?
4. Given that he has never met many of the guards that come to rescue him, what does Harry's choice to leave the Dursleys' reveal about his character?
5. What does Sirius' family home reveal about his background that shocks Harry?
6. What makes the hearing in Chapter 8 so unusual?
7. Briefly describe, in order, the four owls regarding use of underage magic that Harry receives in Chapter 2.
8. Why does Harry suspect Minister Fudge may be under a dark charm?
9. What purpose does Educational Decree Number Twenty-four serve, aside from obviously disbanding groups?
10. Name two reasons that Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place is important to Harry.
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)