|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ginny chastise Harry when they sit down to eat over the holidays?
(a) Because he isn't moving on his feelings for Cho and it's painfully obvious he should.
(b) Because he promised he would give her lessons to make her a better Seeker.
(c) Because he is putting the entire Order in danger by remaining at the headquarters.
(d) Because he hasn't talked to her and she's the only other person that's been possessed by Voldemort.
2. What is the correct address for Chapter Four's location?
(a) Number Eleven, Wizarding Row.
(b) Number Twelve, Knockturn Alley.
(c) Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place.
(d) Number Thirteen, Diagon Alley.
3. What is so special about the creatures Hagrid shows the students in his first class?
(a) Only women are able to care for them, as they will try to kill and eat men.
(b) They were once unicorns but were twisted by Voldemort.
(c) They are only visible to those that have cast dark magic.
(d) Only those who have seen death can view them.
4. Where does the action of Chapter 1 take place?
(d) Little Whinging.
5. What name do the children choose for the new club teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts?
(a) Dumbledore's Army.
(b) Hogwarts' Champions.
(c) The Patronus Group.
(d) Harry's Heroes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what secret of Ron's does Harry learn?
2. What does Dumbledore tell Harry when they speak after the hearing?
3. What accusation from Filch does Cho defend Harry against?
4. Where is the first informational meeting of the Defense Against the Dark Arts club held?
5. What does Harry discover about the pain he feels in his scar on occasion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Given that he has never met many of the guards that come to rescue him, what does Harry's choice to leave the Dursleys' reveal about his character?
2. Why is Harry emotionally torn when he discovers in Hagrid's class that others can see the Thestrals?
3. In Chapter 1, why does Harry have such a difficult time summoning his Patronus Charm?
4. What does Sirius' family home reveal about his background that shocks Harry?
5. What part of being treated like an adult is difficult for the Weasley children when they are not allowed to rush to their father's bedside?
6. What success did Hagrid have in accomplishing his mission?
7. What does Harry notice about the carriages that take students from the train to Hogwarts proper, and why is it significant?
8. Why is Hermione's method for keeping track of the D.A. schedule ironic?
9. Why do you think it is so difficult for Harry to accept the position teaching students Defense Against the Dark Arts?
10. What makes the hearing in Chapter 8 so unusual?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)