|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the holiday break, what does Harry want to do to ensure the safety of his friends?
(a) Return to the Dursley household for the holiday.
(b) Set up reinforcements at the Order headquarters.
(c) Begin studying the Dark Arts so that he'll be in a better position to fight Voldemort.
(d) Give himself up to Voldemort so he'll stop attacking Harry's friends.
2. What special device do Harry and Mr. Weasley use to enter the building for Harry's disciplinary hearing?
(a) A shrinking door.
(b) Floo powder.
(c) A magical "broken" phone booth.
(d) The newest Nimbus broomstick.
3. What Ministry employee has been sent to Hogwarts as the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?
(a) Dolores Umbridge.
(b) Mr. Weasley.
(c) Percy Weasley.
(d) Cornelius Fudge.
4. Why does Mrs. Weasley shout at her husband while visiting him in the hospital?
(a) He has been experimenting with the Dark Arts to better protect his family.
(b) Because he is trying to sneak out of the hospital to protect his family.
(c) He has been eating food not on the hospital's approved diet menu.
(d) Because he accepted Muggle-style stitches to try to make his wound heal faster.
5. Why does Harry arrive late to his hearing?
(a) They have to run from dementors.
(b) The shrinking door will not allow them to enter.
(c) He gets up late in the morning.
(d) The time and location are changed without notice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cho Chang tell Harry at the end of Chapter 18 that makes him secretly happy?
2. Where does Hermione come up with the plan to alert Dumbledore's Army members of their meeting schedule?
3. What favor does Hermione ask Harry to do for the Hogwarts students?
4. Why doesn't Harry end up sitting with Ron and Hermione on the train?
5. What was Ms. Figg assigned to do in Little Whinging?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it significant that Professor Umbridge takes over during the feast?
2. Given that he has never met many of the guards that come to rescue him, what does Harry's choice to leave the Dursleys' reveal about his character?
3. What is so unusual about the song the Sorting Hat sings at the beginning of Chapter 11? What could that mean for the students of Hogwarts?
4. What success did Hagrid have in accomplishing his mission?
5. In Chapter 1, why does Harry have such a difficult time summoning his Patronus Charm?
6. What upsets Ron so much about the letter he receives from his older brother?
7. What part of being treated like an adult is difficult for the Weasley children when they are not allowed to rush to their father's bedside?
8. Why is Harry emotionally torn when he discovers in Hagrid's class that others can see the Thestrals?
9. Describe the different approaches Ron and Hermione want to take in regards to attempting to free house elves.
10. Why does Harry stay awake all night before going to visit Mr. Weasley at the hospital?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)