|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many goals does the Gryffindor Quidditch team score in their first match of the season?
2. What causes Harry and George to attack Draco Malfoy after the first Quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor?
(a) Because he hit an illegal Bludger at Harry after the match.
(b) Because he cheated during the match.
(c) Because he is insulting their families.
(d) Because they think no one is looking and they won't be caught.
3. To whom does Harry write letters at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Ron, Hermione, and Sirius.
(b) Ron, Dumbledore and Hagrid.
(c) Dumbledore, Hagrid and Hermione.
(d) Hermione, Sirius and Dumbledore.
4. Why does Mrs. Weasley shout at her husband while visiting him in the hospital?
(a) He has been eating food not on the hospital's approved diet menu.
(b) Because he is trying to sneak out of the hospital to protect his family.
(c) Because he accepted Muggle-style stitches to try to make his wound heal faster.
(d) He has been experimenting with the Dark Arts to better protect his family.
5. What do the members of the Order realize while exchanging gifts?
(a) That Mrs. Weasley has knit socks instead of sweaters.
(b) That Harry has bought them each overpriced gifts to alleviate his sense of guilt.
(c) That Hermione doesn't celebrate Christmas and is offended by the holiday.
(d) That Kreacher has been absent for some time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the children sent to wait for more news about Mr. Weasley's condition after his attack?
2. What does Dumbledore tell Harry when they speak after the hearing?
3. What suspicious character is Minister Fudge talking to when Harry leaves his hearing?
4. Harry is surprised by the number of students that come to the first meeting; how many showed up?
5. After learning of the attack on Mr. Weasley, why does Dumbledore send former Headmaster paintings to search for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think it is so difficult for Harry to accept the position teaching students Defense Against the Dark Arts?
2. In Chapter 1, why does Harry have such a difficult time summoning his Patronus Charm?
3. Describe the different approaches Ron and Hermione want to take in regards to attempting to free house elves.
4. Explore the question raised by Dobby's explanation of the house elves' behavior: is a person actually free if they choose to remain a slave?
5. Why did Dumbledore send Hagrid to attempt negotiations with the giants?
6. Briefly describe, in order, the four owls regarding use of underage magic that Harry receives in Chapter 2.
7. What is so unusual about the song the Sorting Hat sings at the beginning of Chapter 11? What could that mean for the students of Hogwarts?
8. What success did Hagrid have in accomplishing his mission?
9. What does Sirius' family home reveal about his background that shocks Harry?
10. What makes the hearing in Chapter 8 so unusual?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)