|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Order of the Phoenix Headquarters are housed in the ancestral home of which character?
(a) Mundungus Fletcher.
(b) Severus Snape.
(c) Mrs. Weasley.
(d) Sirius Black.
2. What Ministry employee has been sent to Hogwarts as the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?
(a) Dolores Umbridge.
(b) Percy Weasley.
(c) Mr. Weasley.
(d) Cornelius Fudge.
3. Just before leaving for the holidays, who does Harry dream is attacked by a giant snake?
(a) Mrs. Weasley.
(b) Professor Snape.
(c) Arthur Weasley.
(d) Aunt Petunia.
4. What does Cho Chang tell Harry at the end of Chapter 18 that makes him secretly happy?
(a) That he makes her nervous.
(b) That she has always liked him, which secretly delights him.
(c) That she has a crush on George.
(d) That she doesn't blame him for Cedric's death.
5. Where are the children sent to wait for more news about Mr. Weasley's condition after his attack?
(a) Diagon Alley.
(b) Sirius' house.
(c) Little Whinging.
(d) A safehouse in Hogsmeade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is appointed the new Gryffindor Quidditch seeker before Christmas break?
2. During the holiday break, what does Harry want to do to ensure the safety of his friends?
3. Harry is surprised by the number of students that come to the first meeting; how many showed up?
4. What does McGonagall tell Harry to watch out for?
5. What happens when McGonagall tries to discipline Harry and George for their poor sportsmanship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Dumbledore send Hagrid to attempt negotiations with the giants?
2. What purpose does Educational Decree Number Twenty-four serve, aside from obviously disbanding groups?
3. In Chapter 1, why does Harry have such a difficult time summoning his Patronus Charm?
4. What is so unusual about the song the Sorting Hat sings at the beginning of Chapter 11? What could that mean for the students of Hogwarts?
5. Briefly describe, in order, the four owls regarding use of underage magic that Harry receives in Chapter 2.
6. Describe the different approaches Ron and Hermione want to take in regards to attempting to free house elves.
7. Name two reasons that Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place is important to Harry.
8. What does Sirius' family home reveal about his background that shocks Harry?
9. Why does Harry suspect Minister Fudge may be under a dark charm?
10. Why is Mrs. Weasley so determined to keep Harry from learning more information about Voldemort and current events in the magical community?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)