|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do members of the Slytherin House do during the match that fiercely demoralizes Ron?
(a) Cast spells at Ron while the referees are not looking.
(b) Dress up as Death Eaters.
(c) Create an illusion that makes it appear as though there are no spectators cheering for Gryffindor.
(d) Sing a song during the match about how bad Ron is at Quidditch.
2. Harry is dismayed to learn that which other Hogwarts student was made a prefect?
(a) Draco Malfoy.
(b) Gregory Goyle.
(c) Moaning Myrtle.
(d) Vincent Crabbe.
3. What mistake does Ron make during the first Quidditch practice that results in it being canceled?
(a) Ron hits his teammate in the face with a Quaffle, causing her to have a nosebleed.
(b) Ron accidentally scores for the wrong side.
(c) Ron flies into a classroom window and disrupts a lecture.
(d) Ron falls off his broom and breaks his arm.
4. What does Ron express an interest in becoming once he's graduated from Hogwarts?
(a) A Muggle Specialist at the Ministry of Magic.
(b) A member of S.P.E.W.
(c) A dragon researcher.
(d) An Auror.
5. What cuts short the children's first visit with Hagrid after his return to Hogwarts?
(a) Hagrid is exhausted and needs to sleep.
(b) Dumbledore's arrival.
(c) Hagrid succumbs to his injuries.
(d) Umbridge's arrival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hagrid learn about his mother on his trip?
2. What is the correct address for Chapter Four's location?
3. Just before leaving for the holidays, who does Harry dream is attacked by a giant snake?
4. What Ministry employee has been sent to Hogwarts as the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?
5. Why is the current leader of the giants of great concern to Dumbledore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so unusual about the song the Sorting Hat sings at the beginning of Chapter 11? What could that mean for the students of Hogwarts?
2. How does Hermione explain Cho's see-sawing emotions to Harry, and why is her perception unusual?
3. What action, on the part of the Ministry of Magic, shows how serious they are about undermining Dumbledore's influence?
4. Why did Dumbledore send Hagrid to attempt negotiations with the giants?
5. Why is it significant that Professor Umbridge takes over during the feast?
6. What does Harry notice about the carriages that take students from the train to Hogwarts proper, and why is it significant?
7. What upsets Ron so much about the letter he receives from his older brother?
8. What internal debate in Chapter 18 illustrates Hermione's growing wisdom and maturity?
9. Why do you think it is so difficult for Harry to accept the position teaching students Defense Against the Dark Arts?
10. In Chapter 1, why does Harry have such a difficult time summoning his Patronus Charm?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)