|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name do the children choose for the new club teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts?
(a) Dumbledore's Army.
(b) Hogwarts' Champions.
(c) Harry's Heroes.
(d) The Patronus Group.
2. How many goals does the Gryffindor Quidditch team score in their first match of the season?
3. Harry is surprised by the number of students that come to the first meeting; how many showed up?
(a) Thirty-two students.
(b) Twenty-five students.
(c) Seventeen students.
(d) Forty-one students.
4. Just before leaving for the holidays, who does Harry dream is attacked by a giant snake?
(a) Mrs. Weasley.
(b) Arthur Weasley.
(c) Professor Snape.
(d) Aunt Petunia.
5. Why is the current leader of the giants of great concern to Dumbledore?
(a) Because he is not a pure-blooded giant.
(b) Because he is overwhelmingly easy to trick.
(c) Because he passionately hates all wizards.
(d) Because the leader has been recruited by Voldemort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McGonagall tell Harry to watch out for?
2. Why is Minister Fudge trying to undermine Dumbledore in the wizarding community?
3. Why does Mrs. Weasley shout at her husband while visiting him in the hospital?
4. Harry is dismayed to learn that which other Hogwarts student was made a prefect?
5. What happens when Dumbledore looks Harry in the face for the first time since the hearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry suspect Minister Fudge may be under a dark charm?
2. What success did Hagrid have in accomplishing his mission?
3. What does it show about the childrens' characters that they decide to visit Gilderoy Lockhart while at the hospital?
4. Why is Mrs. Weasley so determined to keep Harry from learning more information about Voldemort and current events in the magical community?
5. Why is Harry emotionally torn when he discovers in Hagrid's class that others can see the Thestrals?
6. How does the author use the long, uneventful journey from the Order to the Ministry to illustrate Harry's situation?
7. How does Hermione explain Cho's see-sawing emotions to Harry, and why is her perception unusual?
8. Describe the different approaches Ron and Hermione want to take in regards to attempting to free house elves.
9. What part of being treated like an adult is difficult for the Weasley children when they are not allowed to rush to their father's bedside?
10. What makes the hearing in Chapter 8 so unusual?
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)