|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Harry and friends advise Sirius against coming to visit them disguised as a black dog?
(a) Harry wants his godfather to stop constantly looking over his shoulder.
(b) Because Professor Umbridge has spectacles that can see through disguises.
(c) Because they believe Malfoy can see through the disguise.
(d) Because Harry is embarrassed that Malfoy is a prefect and he is not.
2. Where are the children sent to wait for more news about Mr. Weasley's condition after his attack?
(a) Diagon Alley.
(b) Sirius' house.
(c) Little Whinging.
(d) A safehouse in Hogsmeade.
3. What is the correct address for Chapter Four's location?
(a) Number Eleven, Wizarding Row.
(b) Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place.
(c) Number Thirteen, Diagon Alley.
(d) Number Twelve, Knockturn Alley.
4. What person was in disguise watching the children during their first meeting of Dumbledore's Army?
(a) Professor McGonagall.
(c) Mrs. Figg.
(d) Mundungus Fletcher.
5. At the end of Chapter Six, what dampens Harry's mood?
(a) The realization that he has a hearing at the Ministry of Magic the next day.
(b) A message from Hagrid about the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.
(c) Memories of how his parents were killed.
(d) Hearing that Quidditch was cancelled for the coming school year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry arrive late to his hearing?
2. What causes Harry and George to attack Draco Malfoy after the first Quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor?
3. What explanation does Hagrid give for his extended absence?
4. What makes Aunt Petunia decide Harry must be allowed to stay?
5. Where does Hermione come up with the plan to alert Dumbledore's Army members of their meeting schedule?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe, in order, the four owls regarding use of underage magic that Harry receives in Chapter 2.
2. Why is it ironic that Harry was willing to endanger the Dursleys by going home for the holidays?
3. Why is Hermione's method for keeping track of the D.A. schedule ironic?
4. What purpose does Educational Decree Number Twenty-four serve, aside from obviously disbanding groups?
5. What makes it particularly disturbing that the students' mail in and out of Hogwarts is potentially being monitored?
6. Why does Harry stay awake all night before going to visit Mr. Weasley at the hospital?
7. What does Sirius' family home reveal about his background that shocks Harry?
8. Why did Dumbledore send Hagrid to attempt negotiations with the giants?
9. Explore the question raised by Dobby's explanation of the house elves' behavior: is a person actually free if they choose to remain a slave?
10. How does Hermione explain Cho's see-sawing emotions to Harry, and why is her perception unusual?
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)