|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do members of the Slytherin House do during the match that fiercely demoralizes Ron?
(a) Cast spells at Ron while the referees are not looking.
(b) Sing a song during the match about how bad Ron is at Quidditch.
(c) Create an illusion that makes it appear as though there are no spectators cheering for Gryffindor.
(d) Dress up as Death Eaters.
2. What does Ron express an interest in becoming once he's graduated from Hogwarts?
(a) A member of S.P.E.W.
(b) A dragon researcher.
(c) An Auror.
(d) A Muggle Specialist at the Ministry of Magic.
3. What does Cho Chang tell Harry at the end of Chapter 18 that makes him secretly happy?
(a) That he makes her nervous.
(b) That she doesn't blame him for Cedric's death.
(c) That she has a crush on George.
(d) That she has always liked him, which secretly delights him.
4. What name do the children choose for the new club teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts?
(a) Hogwarts' Champions.
(b) Harry's Heroes.
(c) The Patronus Group.
(d) Dumbledore's Army.
5. Why does Harry arrive late to his hearing?
(a) He gets up late in the morning.
(b) They have to run from dementors.
(c) The time and location are changed without notice.
(d) The shrinking door will not allow them to enter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do to earn another week of detention with Professor Umbridge?
2. Why does Harry fight with Professor Umbridge during the Defense Against the Dark Arts class?
3. What is so special about the creatures Hagrid shows the students in his first class?
4. What does Mr. Weasley tell the children about his attack?
5. During the holiday break, what does Harry want to do to ensure the safety of his friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Weasley so determined to keep Harry from learning more information about Voldemort and current events in the magical community?
2. What action, on the part of the Ministry of Magic, shows how serious they are about undermining Dumbledore's influence?
3. What success did Hagrid have in accomplishing his mission?
4. What does it show about the childrens' characters that they decide to visit Gilderoy Lockhart while at the hospital?
5. What upsets Ron so much about the letter he receives from his older brother?
6. Why is Harry emotionally torn when he discovers in Hagrid's class that others can see the Thestrals?
7. Why is it significant that Professor Umbridge takes over during the feast?
8. Why does Harry stay awake all night before going to visit Mr. Weasley at the hospital?
9. Name two reasons that Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place is important to Harry.
10. Given that he has never met many of the guards that come to rescue him, what does Harry's choice to leave the Dursleys' reveal about his character?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)