|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Aunt Petunia decide Harry must be allowed to stay?
(a) An owl from Dumbledore reminding her why Harry's mother died.
(b) A formal request from the Ministry of Magic.
(c) A Howler which says "Remember my last, Petunia".
(d) A visit from Hagrid.
2. What happens when McGonagall tries to discipline Harry and George for their poor sportsmanship?
(a) She is interrupted by an attacking troll.
(b) They use Floo Powder and travel to the Order for help.
(c) Dumbledore grants them a pardon.
(d) Umbridge comes in and takes over.
3. The Order of the Phoenix Headquarters are housed in the ancestral home of which character?
(a) Severus Snape.
(b) Mrs. Weasley.
(c) Sirius Black.
(d) Mundungus Fletcher.
4. Where does Harry have to travel in Chapter 7?
(c) The Ministry of Magic.
5. At the last D.A. meeting before the holidays, why does Cho break down while talking to Harry?
(a) She had a vision something horrible would happen when they return after break.
(b) Because she is so sad that Harry doesn't have a family to go home to.
(c) She learned that Umbridge is thinking of expelling her from Hogwarts.
(d) Because of her previous boyfriend's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the children sent to wait for more news about Mr. Weasley's condition after his attack?
2. What two characters witnessed Harry's Patronus Charm?
3. Why does Mrs. Weasley shout at her husband while visiting him in the hospital?
4. Who do the children run into while visiting their former professor at the hospital mental ward?
5. Why does Harry get into a fight with Seamus Finnigan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Harry and Hermione decide to wait to tell Ron about Hagrid's brother?
2. Why do Sirius and Snape have a near-violent argument just before the children return to Hogwarts from the holiday break?
3. Why is Kreacher so happy to report that Sirius may never return from the Department of Mysteries?
4. Why is Umbridge's punishment of Fred, George and Harry particularly cruel to Harry?
5. Briefly describe, in order, the four owls regarding use of underage magic that Harry receives in Chapter 2.
6. Why does Harry suspect Minister Fudge may be under a dark charm?
7. What success did Hagrid have in accomplishing his mission?
8. What makes the presence of Bellatrix Lestrange so important in Chapter 35?
9. Why are the teachers secretly delighted at the way Fred and George react to Umbridge's new position of Headmaster?
10. Why do you think Voldemort is afraid of Dumbledore?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)