|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hagrid learn about his mother on his trip?
(a) She became leader of the giants.
(b) She remarried and had two other children.
(c) She tried for years to find him to reconcile their relationship.
(d) She died several years earlier.
2. How many goals does the Gryffindor Quidditch team score in their first match of the season?
3. The Order of the Phoenix Headquarters are housed in the ancestral home of which character?
(a) Mundungus Fletcher.
(b) Mrs. Weasley.
(c) Sirius Black.
(d) Severus Snape.
4. In Chapter 13, what secret of Ron's does Harry learn?
(a) Ron has been cheating in Occlumency.
(b) That Ron is thinking of leaving Hogwarts to pursue professional football.
(c) Ron is secretly in love with Hermione.
(d) Ron has secretly been practicing to become the new Gryffindor Seeker.
5. Why does Harry get into a fight with Seamus Finnigan?
(a) Seamus' mother believes the nasty things that have been written about Harry and Dumbledore.
(b) Seamus decides to go out for Gryffindor seeker to try to upstage Harry.
(c) Seamus calls Harry a murderer and a thief.
(d) Harry wants a room to himself because of his nightmares.
Short Answer Questions
1. What post is Professor Umbridge appointed to by the Ministry of Magic?
2. Why does Mrs. Weasley shout at her husband while visiting him in the hospital?
3. What change does the Educational Decree Number Twenty-four enact?
4. At the last D.A. meeting before the holidays, why does Cho break down while talking to Harry?
5. What does Umbridge taunt Snape about when she sits in on his Potions class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the hearing in Chapter 8 so unusual?
2. Why is it significant that Professor Umbridge takes over during the feast?
3. Why did Dumbledore send Hagrid to attempt negotiations with the giants?
4. How does the author use the long, uneventful journey from the Order to the Ministry to illustrate Harry's situation?
5. Why does Harry suspect Minister Fudge may be under a dark charm?
6. What upsets Ron so much about the letter he receives from his older brother?
7. Name two reasons that Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place is important to Harry.
8. Describe the different approaches Ron and Hermione want to take in regards to attempting to free house elves.
9. What part of being treated like an adult is difficult for the Weasley children when they are not allowed to rush to their father's bedside?
10. Why do you think it is so difficult for Harry to accept the position teaching students Defense Against the Dark Arts?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)