|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when McGonagall tries to discipline Harry and George for their poor sportsmanship?
(a) They use Floo Powder and travel to the Order for help.
(b) She is interrupted by an attacking troll.
(c) Umbridge comes in and takes over.
(d) Dumbledore grants them a pardon.
2. In Chapter 13, Hermione chastises Fred and George for a new product they have developed and are testing on first-year students. What product are they testing on the first-years?
(a) A drink that will cause students to belch blue smoke after ingesting it.
(b) Candies that will change one's appearance to help cheat on tests.
(c) A potion that will temporarily make a student twice as smart.
(d) Sickness-inducing candies.
3. Why doesn't Harry end up sitting with Ron and Hermione on the train?
(a) Luna Lovegood corners him to speak privately about occlumency.
(b) He wants to spend some time alone planning for the coming year.
(c) They have a quarrel while boarding and leave him by himself.
(d) They have to go to the prefects' car for instructions.
4. What seems strange about Harry facing the Wizengamot?
(a) The Wizengamot has not been convened in over 100 years.
(b) They're all taking photos of him throughout the hearing.
(c) Several of them are convicted Death Eaters.
(d) Underage magic would usually only merit a small disciplinary hearing.
5. What is the correct address for Chapter Four's location?
(a) Number Twelve, Knockturn Alley.
(b) Number Thirteen, Diagon Alley.
(c) Number Eleven, Wizarding Row.
(d) Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special device do Harry and Mr. Weasley use to enter the building for Harry's disciplinary hearing?
2. What space does Harry discover that is perfect for D.A. meetings?
3. What suspicious character is Minister Fudge talking to when Harry leaves his hearing?
4. What does Harry discover about the pain he feels in his scar on occasion?
5. Where does Hermione come up with the plan to alert Dumbledore's Army members of their meeting schedule?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the different approaches Ron and Hermione want to take in regards to attempting to free house elves.
2. Why does Harry suspect Minister Fudge may be under a dark charm?
3. Why is Hermione's method for keeping track of the D.A. schedule ironic?
4. How does the author use the long, uneventful journey from the Order to the Ministry to illustrate Harry's situation?
5. Why is Umbridge's punishment of Fred, George and Harry particularly cruel to Harry?
6. Why is Harry emotionally torn when he discovers in Hagrid's class that others can see the Thestrals?
7. Why is Mrs. Weasley so determined to keep Harry from learning more information about Voldemort and current events in the magical community?
8. What part of being treated like an adult is difficult for the Weasley children when they are not allowed to rush to their father's bedside?
9. What success did Hagrid have in accomplishing his mission?
10. What does Harry notice about the carriages that take students from the train to Hogwarts proper, and why is it significant?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)