|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the action of Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Little Whinging.
2. What causes Harry and George to attack Draco Malfoy after the first Quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor?
(a) Because he hit an illegal Bludger at Harry after the match.
(b) Because he is insulting their families.
(c) Because they think no one is looking and they won't be caught.
(d) Because he cheated during the match.
3. What post is Professor Umbridge appointed to by the Ministry of Magic?
(a) Hogwarts' High Inquisitor.
(b) Assistant Minister of Magic.
(c) Divination Professor.
(d) Headmistress of Hogwarts.
4. Why does Ginny chastise Harry when they sit down to eat over the holidays?
(a) Because he is putting the entire Order in danger by remaining at the headquarters.
(b) Because he hasn't talked to her and she's the only other person that's been possessed by Voldemort.
(c) Because he promised he would give her lessons to make her a better Seeker.
(d) Because he isn't moving on his feelings for Cho and it's painfully obvious he should.
5. Why is Minister Fudge trying to undermine Dumbledore in the wizarding community?
(a) He is secretly a Death Eater in Lucius Malfoy's employ.
(b) He wants greater control at Hogwarts to influence the students.
(c) He is afraid Dumbledore will try to overthrow him.
(d) They are old rivals from when they attended Hogwarts together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many goals does the Gryffindor Quidditch team score in their first match of the season?
2. Who is appointed the new Gryffindor Quidditch seeker before Christmas break?
3. Harry is dismayed to learn that which other Hogwarts student was made a prefect?
4. Why is the Gryffindor Quidditch practice cancelled?
5. What Ministry employee has been sent to Hogwarts as the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it so important for Harry to remain with his horrible family while growing up?
2. Given that he has never met many of the guards that come to rescue him, what does Harry's choice to leave the Dursleys' reveal about his character?
3. Explore the question raised by Dobby's explanation of the house elves' behavior: is a person actually free if they choose to remain a slave?
4. Why is Kreacher so happy to report that Sirius may never return from the Department of Mysteries?
5. Why does Harry destroy so many items in Dumbledore's office after returning from the Ministry?
6. Why do you think it is so difficult for Harry to accept the position teaching students Defense Against the Dark Arts?
7. Why do Harry and Hermione decide to wait to tell Ron about Hagrid's brother?
8. What is Harry's reaction to learning Cho Chang has been dating another boy?
9. Why did Dumbledore send Hagrid to attempt negotiations with the giants?
10. Why are the teachers secretly delighted at the way Fred and George react to Umbridge's new position of Headmaster?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)