|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After learning of the attack on Mr. Weasley, why does Dumbledore send former Headmaster paintings to search for him?
(a) Because he is too afraid of Voldemort to go look himself.
(b) Because it doesn't matter if something attacks a painting since they're already dead.
(c) Because the paintings can appear in any frame that bears their name.
(d) Because the paintings are more trustworthy than the Order of the Phoenix.
2. Who is appointed the new Gryffindor Quidditch seeker before Christmas break?
(a) Fred Weasley.
(b) Draco Malfoy.
(c) Cho Chang.
(d) Ginny Weasley.
3. Why are the children forced to wait for news, rather than being allowed to rush straight to the hospital to see Mr. Weasley?
(a) Because it's too dangerous for Harry to go out in public.
(b) So that no one will suspect anything about why they already know about the attack.
(c) So that if he dies at the hospital, they aren't traumatized.
(d) Mrs. Weasley wants to focus on her husband rather than worry about her family's safety.
4. Why is it difficult for Harry to summon his Patronus Charm?
(a) Because he is so sad.
(b) Because he doesn't want to save his cousin.
(c) Because he doesn't study enough.
(d) Because his wand is broken.
5. Why is Sirius the happiest Harry has ever seen during the holidays?
(a) Because he is able to go out in public without fear of being caught.
(b) Because he missed spending time with Harry.
(c) Because he has a house full of friends.
(d) Because he learns he will be offered a full pardon by the Ministry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ron express an interest in becoming once he's graduated from Hogwarts?
2. Why is Minister Fudge trying to undermine Dumbledore in the wizarding community?
3. What happens when Dumbledore looks Harry in the face for the first time since the hearing?
4. What does the boggart reveal about Mrs. Weasley?
5. What does Cho Chang tell Harry at the end of Chapter 18 that makes him secretly happy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hermione explain Cho's see-sawing emotions to Harry, and why is her perception unusual?
2. Describe the different approaches Ron and Hermione want to take in regards to attempting to free house elves.
3. What makes it particularly disturbing that the students' mail in and out of Hogwarts is potentially being monitored?
4. What success did Hagrid have in accomplishing his mission?
5. Explore the question raised by Dobby's explanation of the house elves' behavior: is a person actually free if they choose to remain a slave?
6. Name two reasons that Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place is important to Harry.
7. What purpose does Educational Decree Number Twenty-four serve, aside from obviously disbanding groups?
8. What does Harry notice about the carriages that take students from the train to Hogwarts proper, and why is it significant?
9. Why is Mrs. Weasley so determined to keep Harry from learning more information about Voldemort and current events in the magical community?
10. What action, on the part of the Ministry of Magic, shows how serious they are about undermining Dumbledore's influence?
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)