|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the response of the general Hogwarts population to Fred and George's leave-taking?
(a) There is a petition circulating to forcibly remove Umbridge as Headmaster.
(b) While they admire the Weasleys, they are still afraid of Umbridge.
(c) Criminal behavior is on the rise at Hogwarts and Professors are being attacked.
(d) The students begin engaging in more mischief than usual.
2. What do the children discover that caused Voldemort to be so ecstatic when Harry linked with him after his Occlumency lesson?
(a) That Harry is still unable to block Voldemort from his mind.
(b) The successful raid on the Department of Mysteries by Death Eaters.
(c) The escape of Death Eaters from Azkaban.
(d) The discovery of a missing component for a Dark Arts ritual to bring Voldemort back to full life.
3. Why was Firenze banished by the other centaurs?
(a) For becoming friends with Hagrid.
(b) For allying himself with Voldemort during the last war.
(c) For saving a human child that was lost in the Forbidden Forest.
(d) For agreeing to help Dumbledore.
4. Where does Harry find Sirius when he begins searching?
(a) In the clearing at the center of the room.
(b) In between two of the aisles.
(c) He doesn't find Sirius, it was a trick.
(d) Crumpled in a ball at Lucious Malfoy's feet.
5. What causes Voldemort to finally materialize in the Ministry lobby?
(a) Harry's being alone without friends to help him.
(b) Bellatrix being defeated by Harry.
(c) Hearing that the prophecy was destroyed.
(d) Dumbledore's absence.
6. Why is Harry exasperated with Cho after their first date?
(a) Because she insists on paying for half of everything.
(b) Because she doesn't really seem to be interested in Harry.
(c) Because she only talks about girly subjects Harry doesn't identify with.
(d) Because it ends with her leaving in tears.
7. What keeps Hermione and Harry from being attacked by the centaurs?
(a) Grawp comes stumbling by and the centaurs attack him.
(b) Hagrid's friendship still holds some sway with the centaurs.
(c) Hermione negotiates a deal for safe travel through the forest.
(d) The fact that they are still children.
8. What does Hagrid tell Hermione and Ron he suspects will happen to him shortly after the Quidditch Cup?
(a) He will be sent on another mission.
(b) He will be fired.
(c) He will be accused of a crime.
(d) He will be named leader of the giants.
9. Why does Harry suspect Kreacher has been up to mischief when the house elf finally reappears?
(a) Because the elf is always trying to sabotage the Order.
(b) Because the elf will not account for his time.
(c) Because Kreacher is in a good mood.
(d) Because Harry is suspicious of all house elves.
10. What is the favor Hagrid needs the children to do for him?
(a) Take a message to Trelawney.
(b) Watch over his brother Grawp.
(c) Tend the Thestrils in the forest.
(d) Maintain the truce with the centaurs.
11. Why does Harry protest his friends accompanying him to the Ministry of Magic?
(a) He is worried the Thestrals can't carry Neville.
(b) He wants to take all the credit for defeating Voldemort.
(c) He thinks more people will make it harder to succeed.
(d) He wants to protect his friends.
12. Where did Harry find the funds to finance Fred and George's joke shop?
(a) The money left to him from his parents.
(b) The Dursleys continue to put money into his bank account so he'll stay away.
(c) From his tournament winnings.
(d) Betting in professional Quidditch matches.
13. What is the art of Occlumency that Harry must learn?
(a) A new form of defensive magic that is highly restricted.
(b) Protecting the mind from magical intrusion.
(c) Protecting the mind from dementor attacks.
(d) Viewing the future using a special optical tool.
14. What exam do Ron and Harry both do poorly on?
(b) Defense Against the Dark Arts.
15. Why does Harry break into Umbridge's office after his career counseling session?
(a) To find more enchanted items that could get her arrested.
(b) So he can use the fireplace to speak with Sirius.
(c) So he can destroy the files she is keeping on the students.
(d) To look for clues about the Ministry's agenda at Hogwarts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Quidditch Team wins the Quidditch Cup match?
2. What does Sirius stress to Harry is the most important thing with Dumbledore gone from Hogwarts?
3. Who does Dumbledore appoint as the new Divination professor?
4. Why is Harry determined to speak with Sirius after spying on Snape's memories?
5. Who is the source of the screams that interrupt Harry and Snape's Occlumency lesson?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)