|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hermione lead Umbridge within the Forbidden Forest?
(a) To the centaurs.
(b) To the spider king.
(c) To Grawp.
(d) To a carnivorous plant.
2. What do the children discover that caused Voldemort to be so ecstatic when Harry linked with him after his Occlumency lesson?
(a) The discovery of a missing component for a Dark Arts ritual to bring Voldemort back to full life.
(b) The successful raid on the Department of Mysteries by Death Eaters.
(c) The escape of Death Eaters from Azkaban.
(d) That Harry is still unable to block Voldemort from his mind.
3. Why is McGonagall taken to the infirmary?
(a) She is attacked by centaurs.
(b) She is hit with four stun spells defending another professor.
(c) She has an argument with Umbridge that results in violence.
(d) She has what appears to be a stroke from too much stress.
4. What character does Dumbledore choose to teach Harry Occlumency?
(a) Sirius Black.
(b) Professor Snape.
(c) Professor McGonagall.
(d) Mrs. Weasley.
5. What does Harry instruct his friends to do when he signals them in the battle with the Death Eaters?
(a) Scatter in every direction to avoid capture.
(b) Drop their wands and surrender so no one gets hurt.
(c) Be immediately prepared to cast stun spells at the Death Eaters.
(d) Break as many orbs as possible to cause confusion.
6. What causes a slight shifting in students' attitudes toward Harry?
(a) The escape of Death Eaters from Azkaban.
(b) A newspaper article declaring that Harry is right.
(c) The murder of a Ministry employee.
(d) Sightings of Voldemort along Diagon Alley.
7. What happens when Snape learns Harry has still been having the dreams about the hallway?
(a) He intensifies the training and Harry accidentally invades Snape's memories.
(b) He refuses to teach Harry any further since Harry won't apply what he's learning.
(c) He reports Harry's dreams to Dumbledore.
(d) He tells Harry he's a hopeless student that will never learn Occlumency.
8. Why does Harry break into Umbridge's office after his career counseling session?
(a) So he can destroy the files she is keeping on the students.
(b) So he can use the fireplace to speak with Sirius.
(c) To look for clues about the Ministry's agenda at Hogwarts.
(d) To find more enchanted items that could get her arrested.
9. Where did Harry find the funds to finance Fred and George's joke shop?
(a) Betting in professional Quidditch matches.
(b) The money left to him from his parents.
(c) From his tournament winnings.
(d) The Dursleys continue to put money into his bank account so he'll stay away.
10. What do Fred and George as a reaction to Umbridge's new position?
(a) Break into Umbridge's office.
(b) Release fireworks all over the school.
(c) Set snakes loose in Umbridge's bed.
(d) Poison the drinking fountain in Slytherin house with a vomit-inducing liquid.
11. What does Harry discover when he goes to the infirmary to tell McGonagall about his dream?
(a) McGonagall has been fired.
(b) Umbridge has restricted visitors for McGonagall.
(c) She has been transferred to the hospital.
(d) Visiting hours are over and there is a large dog guarding the hallway.
12. What does Harry tell Umbridge about who he was trying to speak with through the fireplace in her office?
(a) He was trying to contact Mr. Weasley.
(b) He refuses to tell her anything.
(c) He was dialing the Ministry of Magic to speak with Fudge.
(d) He was contacting Dumbledore.
13. What happens to Umbridge when she returns to Hogwarts?
(a) She apologizes to the students and is forgiven.
(b) She is forced to endure one of her own twisted detentions.
(c) She is interrogated by Dumbledore and then finally set free.
(d) She is jeered out of the castle by the ghosts and students.
14. What is significant about the room where Harry saw Sirius tortured in his dreams?
(a) It is filled with shelves lined with glass orbs.
(b) It is covered in layers and layers of dust.
(c) It is identical to the graveyard where Cedric died.
(d) It has 13 Death Eaters in it.
15. What is Umbridge's first action upon being named the new Headmaster of Hogwarts?
(a) Appointing a new Divination teacher.
(b) Expelling several students for being cheeky.
(c) Forming an Inquisitorial Squad.
(d) Firing Hagrid and McGonagall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Harry find Sirius when he begins searching?
2. What does Dumbledore say will happen if Minister Fudge's Aurors attack him?
3. What does Harry witness during his Astrology exam?
4. What profession does Harry tell McGonagall he wants to pursue after Hogwarts?
5. Where do the children find themselves after entering the black door from Harry's dreams?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)