|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first clue something is not right when the children arrive at the Ministry of Magic?
(a) There is no security whatsoever.
(b) The doors are all wide open.
(c) Minister Fudge welcomes them in personally.
(d) There are dark clouds gathering just above the Ministry.
2. Why is Harry exasperated with Cho after their first date?
(a) Because she doesn't really seem to be interested in Harry.
(b) Because she only talks about girly subjects Harry doesn't identify with.
(c) Because it ends with her leaving in tears.
(d) Because she insists on paying for half of everything.
3. What does Dumbledore say will happen if Minister Fudge's Aurors attack him?
(a) He will defeat them all.
(b) He will kill everyone in the room.
(c) Voldemort will win.
(d) He will flee again and return with backup.
4. Who does Dumbledore appoint as the new Divination professor?
(b) Mrs. Weasley.
(d) Mundungus Fletcher.
5. What is the response of the general Hogwarts population to Fred and George's leave-taking?
(a) The students begin engaging in more mischief than usual.
(b) Criminal behavior is on the rise at Hogwarts and Professors are being attacked.
(c) While they admire the Weasleys, they are still afraid of Umbridge.
(d) There is a petition circulating to forcibly remove Umbridge as Headmaster.
6. What character does Dumbledore choose to teach Harry Occlumency?
(a) Professor McGonagall.
(b) Professor Snape.
(c) Sirius Black.
(d) Mrs. Weasley.
7. What attracts the Thestrals to Harry and Hermione after their encounter with the centaurs?
(a) People that can see them.
(b) The smell of the blood.
(c) The noise of the centaurs' hooves.
(d) The magical after-effects of violence.
8. What is the result of the hex Hermione placed on anyone that breaks the confidence of the D.A.?
(a) Horrible sores that spell "SNEAK" across the face.
(b) An oozing green slime that pours from the ears.
(c) A voice that croaks like a bullfrog when trying to speak.
(d) Horrible sores that spell "LIAR" across the forehead.
9. What room are the children forced into when they run from the Death Eaters in the Department of Mysteries?
(a) The room with the rotating doors.
(b) The room with the floating brains.
(c) The room filled with floating keys.
(d) The room with the three-headed dog.
10. What does Hermione advise Harry to do when she learns he is still dreaming about the hallway inside the Ministry?
(a) Stop being a silly boy and wake himself up when he starts having the dream.
(b) Speak to Snape about raising the intensity of his Occlumency training.
(c) Keep quiet about the dreams since he's supposed to be learning to stop them.
(d) Tell Dumbledore immediately so he can warn the Ministry to protect what's inside.
11. What two teachers are being targeted for dismissal by Umbridge?
(a) Dumbledore and Snape.
(b) Hagrid and Trelawney.
(c) Snape and McGonagall.
(d) Trelawney and McGonagall.
12. What happens between Harry and Cho when they first meet again after the holiday break?
(a) Cho asks Harry to go steady.
(b) Harry invites Cho on a date for Valentine's Day.
(c) They get caught snogging by Mr. Filch.
(d) They have an argument because Harry didn't write Cho over break.
13. Why does Harry protest his friends accompanying him to the Ministry of Magic?
(a) He thinks more people will make it harder to succeed.
(b) He wants to protect his friends.
(c) He is worried the Thestrals can't carry Neville.
(d) He wants to take all the credit for defeating Voldemort.
14. What does Dumbledore do to get Harry out of trouble?
(a) Helps Harry escape through the secret tunnel in his office.
(b) Claims he created the D.A. and is trying to overthrow Minister Fudge.
(c) Threatens Fudge with a secret that Fudge doesn't want revealed to the wizarding world.
(d) Casts a forgetting spell on everyone in the room.
15. According to Dumbledore, how many people besides Sirius suffered permanent injuries in the fight against the Death Eaters?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hagrid tell Hermione and Ron he suspects will happen to him shortly after the Quidditch Cup?
2. What happens to Sirius after he fights Bellatrix Lestrange?
3. What do Fred and George as a reaction to Umbridge's new position?
4. Where did Harry find the funds to finance Fred and George's joke shop?
5. Why does Harry have an advantage when the Death Eaters surround him in the Department of Mysteries?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)