|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What takes Hermione and Harry away from watching the Quidditch Cup match?
(a) Dumbledore sends an owl with a message for Harry.
(b) Hagrid comes to them asking for a favor.
(c) Umbridge accuses them of creating a swamp in the hallways.
(d) Malfoy hints that Sirius may be at the school.
2. What is the art of Occlumency that Harry must learn?
(a) Viewing the future using a special optical tool.
(b) A new form of defensive magic that is highly restricted.
(c) Protecting the mind from magical intrusion.
(d) Protecting the mind from dementor attacks.
3. What does Kreacher tell Harry and Hermione about Sirius when they talk through the Floo powder?
(a) That he was hit by a car while changed into a dog.
(b) That he's been captured by dementors.
(c) That he will never return from the Department of Mysteries.
(d) That he has been returned to Azkaban.
4. What causes McGonagall to fight with Umbridge during Harry's career counseling session?
(a) Umbridge insults McGonagall's counseling abilities.
(b) Umbridge keeps threatening Harry with expulsion.
(c) Umbridge states that Harry can never become an Auror.
(d) McGonagall is sick of having someone look over her shoulder.
5. What does Harry do as soon as Snape leaves their interrupted Occlumency lesson?
(a) Tries to induce a trance so he can finish his dream.
(b) Looks at Snape's memory in the Pensieve.
(c) Tries to find the components to an alchemical recipe for Hermione.
(d) Practices his Defense Against the Dark Arts spells.
6. What attracts the Thestrals to Harry and Hermione after their encounter with the centaurs?
(a) The magical after-effects of violence.
(b) The noise of the centaurs' hooves.
(c) The smell of the blood.
(d) People that can see them.
7. How does Hermione trick Umbridge into stopping her plans to torture Harry?
(a) By pretending to turn on her friends and sell them out.
(b) By acting as though she is possessed by the ghost of Umbridge's mother.
(c) By convincing her they know the whereabouts of a weapon Dumbledore seeks.
(d) By acting as though she'd fainted in order to get hold of a wand.
8. Why does Harry break into Umbridge's office after his career counseling session?
(a) To find more enchanted items that could get her arrested.
(b) So he can destroy the files she is keeping on the students.
(c) So he can use the fireplace to speak with Sirius.
(d) To look for clues about the Ministry's agenda at Hogwarts.
9. What Quidditch Team wins the Quidditch Cup match?
10. Why do the centaurs end up taking Umbridge away?
(a) Because they want to kill all adult humans.
(b) Because she won't stop talking.
(c) Because she attacks them with magic.
(d) Because the children explain that she's a bad person.
11. What official is unexpectedly present when Harry is caught holding meetings of the D.A.?
(a) Lucious Malfoy.
(b) Arthur Weasley.
(c) Minister Fudge.
(d) Professor Umbridge.
12. How do Hermione and Harry get into Umbridge's office to try to communicate with Sirius?
(a) They stun everyone that sees them sneaking about.
(b) Filch lets them in by accident.
(c) Using Harry's invisibility cloak and knife.
(d) The Room of Requirement creates a hallway into the office.
13. What does Harry learn about his recurring dream during his first Occlumency lesson?
(a) That the snake is actually Voldemort.
(b) That the hallway he sees is inside the Ministry of Magic.
(c) That it is a memory from his childhood after his family was killed.
(d) That he was actually in control and was responsible for the attack on Mr. Weasley.
14. What do Moody, Tonks and Lupin tell the Dursleys before sending Harry home with them?
(a) That Harry is allowed to use his magic against them now.
(b) That if they mistreat Harry in any way, they will be held accountable.
(c) That Harry is dangerous and should be treated carefully.
(d) That Harry's last remaining relative besides them is dead.
15. Why wasn't Harry made a prefect?
(a) He isn't popular enough at Hogwarts.
(b) Dumbledore thought he had enough to worry about.
(c) His friends were much more qualified.
(d) Dumbledore didn't want to draw more attention to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Snape to leave Harry's Occlumency lesson after Umbridge is appointed Headmaster?
2. Why won't Dumbledore let Harry leave his office when Harry begins throwing things around?
3. What causes Voldemort to finally materialize in the Ministry lobby?
4. Why does Harry protest his friends accompanying him to the Ministry of Magic?
5. Why does Nearly Headless Nick tell Harry he's not likely to see Sirius as a ghost?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)