|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attracts the Thestrals to Harry and Hermione after their encounter with the centaurs?
(a) The magical after-effects of violence.
(b) The smell of the blood.
(c) The noise of the centaurs' hooves.
(d) People that can see them.
2. Where does Hermione lead Umbridge within the Forbidden Forest?
(a) To the centaurs.
(b) To a carnivorous plant.
(c) To Grawp.
(d) To the spider king.
3. What official is unexpectedly present when Harry is caught holding meetings of the D.A.?
(a) Lucious Malfoy.
(b) Minister Fudge.
(c) Arthur Weasley.
(d) Professor Umbridge.
4. What do Hermione and Harry tell Ron to get him to stop talking about the Quidditch Cup match?
(a) They all need to sneak out to Hogsmeade to meet Sirius.
(b) Umbridge is on the warpath and wants to take away his broom.
(c) About the promise to take care of Grawp.
(d) That all his practicing has likely earned him poor grades on the exams.
5. What does Harry discover when he goes to the infirmary to tell McGonagall about his dream?
(a) Visiting hours are over and there is a large dog guarding the hallway.
(b) She has been transferred to the hospital.
(c) McGonagall has been fired.
(d) Umbridge has restricted visitors for McGonagall.
6. Why do the centaurs end up taking Umbridge away?
(a) Because she attacks them with magic.
(b) Because they want to kill all adult humans.
(c) Because the children explain that she's a bad person.
(d) Because she won't stop talking.
7. What exam do Ron and Harry both do poorly on?
(d) Defense Against the Dark Arts.
8. What keeps Voldemort from killing Harry with his death spell?
(a) Neville casts a counter-curse.
(b) A herd of centaurs join the fight.
(c) A mirror reflects the spell back.
(d) A statue leaps in front of Harry.
9. Why does Harry break into Umbridge's office after his career counseling session?
(a) So he can use the fireplace to speak with Sirius.
(b) To find more enchanted items that could get her arrested.
(c) To look for clues about the Ministry's agenda at Hogwarts.
(d) So he can destroy the files she is keeping on the students.
10. What causes McGonagall to fight with Umbridge during Harry's career counseling session?
(a) Umbridge insults McGonagall's counseling abilities.
(b) McGonagall is sick of having someone look over her shoulder.
(c) Umbridge keeps threatening Harry with expulsion.
(d) Umbridge states that Harry can never become an Auror.
11. What does Draco swear to do when he meets Harry back at Hogwarts after the battle at the Ministry?
(a) Free his father from Azkaban.
(b) Help defeat Voldemort.
(c) Become Harry's best friend and mend his ways.
(d) That he will have revenge on Harry for what happened to his father.
12. What happens between Harry and Cho when they first meet again after the holiday break?
(a) Harry invites Cho on a date for Valentine's Day.
(b) They get caught snogging by Mr. Filch.
(c) They have an argument because Harry didn't write Cho over break.
(d) Cho asks Harry to go steady.
13. Why does Harry wish for death when Voldemort possesses him?
(a) He is alone in the world and can't handle it anymore.
(b) He wants to destroy Voldemort any way he can.
(c) He thinks it's the only way to save his friends.
(d) He is in so much pain and wants to be reunited with Sirius.
14. What character does Dumbledore choose to teach Harry Occlumency?
(a) Mrs. Weasley.
(b) Professor Snape.
(c) Professor McGonagall.
(d) Sirius Black.
15. Why does Dumbledore feel culpable for Sirius' death?
(a) He has an overdeveloped sense of responsibility for his students.
(b) If he had been more honest with Harry, much of this could have been avoided.
(c) He had the option to stop Sirius but was busy saving someone else.
(d) He had an argument with Sirius that resulted in Sirius going to the Ministry after Harry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dumbledore tell Harry about Snape while explaining the events of the past months?
2. Who is the source of the screams that interrupt Harry and Snape's Occlumency lesson?
3. Why does Nearly Headless Nick tell Harry he's not likely to see Sirius as a ghost?
4. Why does Harry refuse the beverage Umbridge offers him when she summons him after being named Headmaster?
5. Where does Harry find Sirius when he begins searching?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)