|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Voldemort to finally materialize in the Ministry lobby?
(a) Hearing that the prophecy was destroyed.
(b) Dumbledore's absence.
(c) Harry's being alone without friends to help him.
(d) Bellatrix being defeated by Harry.
2. Why wasn't Harry made a prefect?
(a) He isn't popular enough at Hogwarts.
(b) Dumbledore didn't want to draw more attention to him.
(c) Dumbledore thought he had enough to worry about.
(d) His friends were much more qualified.
3. What does Harry do as soon as Snape leaves their interrupted Occlumency lesson?
(a) Looks at Snape's memory in the Pensieve.
(b) Tries to induce a trance so he can finish his dream.
(c) Tries to find the components to an alchemical recipe for Hermione.
(d) Practices his Defense Against the Dark Arts spells.
4. What is shocking about Harry's fight with Lestrange?
(a) He uses a forbidden torture curse on her.
(b) How easily she defeats him.
(c) She is too afraid to cast spells at Harry.
(d) She won't fight him because they're related.
5. What keeps Hermione and Harry from being attacked by the centaurs?
(a) Grawp comes stumbling by and the centaurs attack him.
(b) Hermione negotiates a deal for safe travel through the forest.
(c) The fact that they are still children.
(d) Hagrid's friendship still holds some sway with the centaurs.
6. Who is the source of the screams that interrupt Harry and Snape's Occlumency lesson?
(a) Professor Umbridge.
(b) Cho Chang.
(c) Ginny Weasley.
(d) Professor Trelawney.
7. Where does Harry find Sirius when he begins searching?
(a) In the clearing at the center of the room.
(b) Crumpled in a ball at Lucious Malfoy's feet.
(c) In between two of the aisles.
(d) He doesn't find Sirius, it was a trick.
8. Who does Hagrid save before escaping into the Forbidden Forest?
9. What causes Snape to leave Harry's Occlumency lesson after Umbridge is appointed Headmaster?
(a) The snakes from Umbridge's bed are now in the girls' lavatory.
(b) A series of ominous noises from the Forbidden Forest.
(c) Malfoy interrupts to get help with a situation in the castle.
(d) Umbridge sends a message demanding Snape submit to a truth serum.
10. Where did Harry find the funds to finance Fred and George's joke shop?
(a) The Dursleys continue to put money into his bank account so he'll stay away.
(b) From his tournament winnings.
(c) The money left to him from his parents.
(d) Betting in professional Quidditch matches.
11. Why does Harry suspect Kreacher has been up to mischief when the house elf finally reappears?
(a) Because Kreacher is in a good mood.
(b) Because the elf will not account for his time.
(c) Because Harry is suspicious of all house elves.
(d) Because the elf is always trying to sabotage the Order.
12. Why do the centaurs end up taking Umbridge away?
(a) Because she won't stop talking.
(b) Because the children explain that she's a bad person.
(c) Because she attacks them with magic.
(d) Because they want to kill all adult humans.
13. Why won't Dumbledore let Harry leave his office when Harry begins throwing things around?
(a) Because Dumbledore needs to explain things to Harry.
(b) Because he is concerned Harry is a danger to himself.
(c) Because he doesn't want Harry to attack Draco Malfoy.
(d) Because Harry needs to be punished for destroying things.
14. What happens when Umbridge learns of the newspaper article about Harry's encounter with Voldemort?
(a) She flies into a rage and forbids him from any future outings to Hogsmeade.
(b) She vows to make the newspaper reprint the article with the "truth" about Harry's lies.
(c) She tries to expel Harry from Hogwarts but is stopped by Dumbledore.
(d) She assigns Harry to another two months of detention.
15. What do the children discover that caused Voldemort to be so ecstatic when Harry linked with him after his Occlumency lesson?
(a) The successful raid on the Department of Mysteries by Death Eaters.
(b) That Harry is still unable to block Voldemort from his mind.
(c) The escape of Death Eaters from Azkaban.
(d) The discovery of a missing component for a Dark Arts ritual to bring Voldemort back to full life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry discover when he goes to the infirmary to tell McGonagall about his dream?
2. What does Hagrid tell Hermione and Ron he suspects will happen to him shortly after the Quidditch Cup?
3. What is the art of Occlumency that Harry must learn?
4. What D.A. student shows the greatest improvement in the wake of the Death Eaters' escape?
5. Why is Harry exasperated with Cho after their first date?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)