|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dumbledore appoint as the new Divination professor?
(b) Mrs. Weasley.
(c) Mundungus Fletcher.
2. What does Harry see in the Pensieve that disturbs him?
(a) Snape pushing Harry's father around in their first year at Hogwarts.
(b) Snape in a meeting with Voldemort.
(c) His father bullying Snape when he was Harry's age.
(d) His mother and Snape in a romantic situation.
3. What does Hagrid tell Hermione and Ron he suspects will happen to him shortly after the Quidditch Cup?
(a) He will be fired.
(b) He will be accused of a crime.
(c) He will be sent on another mission.
(d) He will be named leader of the giants.
4. What happens when Snape learns Harry has still been having the dreams about the hallway?
(a) He intensifies the training and Harry accidentally invades Snape's memories.
(b) He tells Harry he's a hopeless student that will never learn Occlumency.
(c) He reports Harry's dreams to Dumbledore.
(d) He refuses to teach Harry any further since Harry won't apply what he's learning.
5. What is the art of Occlumency that Harry must learn?
(a) A new form of defensive magic that is highly restricted.
(b) Protecting the mind from dementor attacks.
(c) Protecting the mind from magical intrusion.
(d) Viewing the future using a special optical tool.
6. What is the result of the hex Hermione placed on anyone that breaks the confidence of the D.A.?
(a) A voice that croaks like a bullfrog when trying to speak.
(b) Horrible sores that spell "SNEAK" across the face.
(c) Horrible sores that spell "LIAR" across the forehead.
(d) An oozing green slime that pours from the ears.
7. What does Harry discover when he goes to the infirmary to tell McGonagall about his dream?
(a) McGonagall has been fired.
(b) Visiting hours are over and there is a large dog guarding the hallway.
(c) Umbridge has restricted visitors for McGonagall.
(d) She has been transferred to the hospital.
8. Why is McGonagall taken to the infirmary?
(a) She has an argument with Umbridge that results in violence.
(b) She is attacked by centaurs.
(c) She is hit with four stun spells defending another professor.
(d) She has what appears to be a stroke from too much stress.
9. What two teachers are being targeted for dismissal by Umbridge?
(a) Hagrid and Trelawney.
(b) Trelawney and McGonagall.
(c) Dumbledore and Snape.
(d) Snape and McGonagall.
10. What does Harry tell Umbridge about who he was trying to speak with through the fireplace in her office?
(a) He refuses to tell her anything.
(b) He was dialing the Ministry of Magic to speak with Fudge.
(c) He was contacting Dumbledore.
(d) He was trying to contact Mr. Weasley.
11. Why does Harry suspect Kreacher has been up to mischief when the house elf finally reappears?
(a) Because Kreacher is in a good mood.
(b) Because Harry is suspicious of all house elves.
(c) Because the elf is always trying to sabotage the Order.
(d) Because the elf will not account for his time.
12. Why does Harry break into Umbridge's office after his career counseling session?
(a) To find more enchanted items that could get her arrested.
(b) So he can use the fireplace to speak with Sirius.
(c) To look for clues about the Ministry's agenda at Hogwarts.
(d) So he can destroy the files she is keeping on the students.
13. What keeps Hermione and Harry from being attacked by the centaurs?
(a) Hermione negotiates a deal for safe travel through the forest.
(b) The fact that they are still children.
(c) Grawp comes stumbling by and the centaurs attack him.
(d) Hagrid's friendship still holds some sway with the centaurs.
14. What is shocking about Harry's fight with Lestrange?
(a) How easily she defeats him.
(b) She won't fight him because they're related.
(c) She is too afraid to cast spells at Harry.
(d) He uses a forbidden torture curse on her.
15. How does the Gryffindor Quidditch team fare in their first match with new players?
(a) Very well. They win by 25 points.
(b) Horribly. They lose by 10 points.
(c) Not too bad. They lose by only 1 point.
(d) Pretty well. They win by 5 points.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry instruct his friends to do when he signals them in the battle with the Death Eaters?
2. What do Hermione and Harry tell Ron to get him to stop talking about the Quidditch Cup match?
3. What is put into Dumbledore's Pensieve before the first Occlumency lesson?
4. What happens when Umbridge learns of the newspaper article about Harry's encounter with Voldemort?
5. What does Dumbledore tell Harry about Snape while explaining the events of the past months?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)