|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What takes Hermione and Harry away from watching the Quidditch Cup match?
(a) Hagrid comes to them asking for a favor.
(b) Dumbledore sends an owl with a message for Harry.
(c) Umbridge accuses them of creating a swamp in the hallways.
(d) Malfoy hints that Sirius may be at the school.
2. What happens to the orb after Harry gives it to Neville?
(a) Neville takes it and flees the Ministry.
(b) Neville shatters it against a wall so no one can get it.
(c) It slips out of Neville's pocket and shatters.
(d) Bellatrix Lestrange attacks Neville and takes it.
3. Who does Hagrid save before escaping into the Forbidden Forest?
4. What is the result of the hex Hermione placed on anyone that breaks the confidence of the D.A.?
(a) A voice that croaks like a bullfrog when trying to speak.
(b) Horrible sores that spell "LIAR" across the forehead.
(c) Horrible sores that spell "SNEAK" across the face.
(d) An oozing green slime that pours from the ears.
5. What does Harry try to do when he realizes Sirius has disappeared through the archway?
(a) Follow him in.
(b) Kill all the Death Eaters.
(c) Break his wand.
(d) Convince his friends to follow Sirius.
6. Why does Harry refuse the beverage Umbridge offers him when she summons him after being named Headmaster?
(a) He thinks it may have a truth serum in it.
(b) He is stubborn and has poor manners.
(c) He is afraid of anything she gives him after the enchanted pen.
(d) He is allergic to chamomile.
7. Who does Dumbledore appoint as the new Divination professor?
(c) Mrs. Weasley.
(d) Mundungus Fletcher.
8. What causes McGonagall to fight with Umbridge during Harry's career counseling session?
(a) Umbridge insults McGonagall's counseling abilities.
(b) Umbridge keeps threatening Harry with expulsion.
(c) McGonagall is sick of having someone look over her shoulder.
(d) Umbridge states that Harry can never become an Auror.
9. What two teachers are being targeted for dismissal by Umbridge?
(a) Snape and McGonagall.
(b) Hagrid and Trelawney.
(c) Dumbledore and Snape.
(d) Trelawney and McGonagall.
10. Where does Harry find Sirius when he begins searching?
(a) In between two of the aisles.
(b) Crumpled in a ball at Lucious Malfoy's feet.
(c) In the clearing at the center of the room.
(d) He doesn't find Sirius, it was a trick.
11. Why does Harry break into Umbridge's office after his career counseling session?
(a) So he can use the fireplace to speak with Sirius.
(b) To find more enchanted items that could get her arrested.
(c) To look for clues about the Ministry's agenda at Hogwarts.
(d) So he can destroy the files she is keeping on the students.
12. Which of Harry's friends is tortured when trying to help Harry?
(a) Luna Lovegood.
(b) Ron Weasley.
(c) Hermione Granger.
(d) Neville Longbottom.
13. Why is Harry exasperated with Cho after their first date?
(a) Because she doesn't really seem to be interested in Harry.
(b) Because she insists on paying for half of everything.
(c) Because she only talks about girly subjects Harry doesn't identify with.
(d) Because it ends with her leaving in tears.
14. What is the favor Hagrid needs the children to do for him?
(a) Tend the Thestrils in the forest.
(b) Take a message to Trelawney.
(c) Watch over his brother Grawp.
(d) Maintain the truce with the centaurs.
15. What does Harry discover when he goes to the infirmary to tell McGonagall about his dream?
(a) Visiting hours are over and there is a large dog guarding the hallway.
(b) She has been transferred to the hospital.
(c) McGonagall has been fired.
(d) Umbridge has restricted visitors for McGonagall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sunday Prophet say about Harry and Voldemort after the showdown at the Ministry?
2. Why was Firenze banished by the other centaurs?
3. Why wasn't Harry made a prefect?
4. Why is Harry determined to speak with Sirius after spying on Snape's memories?
5. What keeps Voldemort from killing Harry with his death spell?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)