|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry wish for death when Voldemort possesses him?
(a) He wants to destroy Voldemort any way he can.
(b) He is in so much pain and wants to be reunited with Sirius.
(c) He is alone in the world and can't handle it anymore.
(d) He thinks it's the only way to save his friends.
2. What is the first clue something is not right when the children arrive at the Ministry of Magic?
(a) Minister Fudge welcomes them in personally.
(b) There is no security whatsoever.
(c) There are dark clouds gathering just above the Ministry.
(d) The doors are all wide open.
3. Why was Firenze banished by the other centaurs?
(a) For saving a human child that was lost in the Forbidden Forest.
(b) For agreeing to help Dumbledore.
(c) For becoming friends with Hagrid.
(d) For allying himself with Voldemort during the last war.
4. What causes McGonagall to fight with Umbridge during Harry's career counseling session?
(a) Umbridge insults McGonagall's counseling abilities.
(b) Umbridge keeps threatening Harry with expulsion.
(c) Umbridge states that Harry can never become an Auror.
(d) McGonagall is sick of having someone look over her shoulder.
5. What is the response of the general Hogwarts population to Fred and George's leave-taking?
(a) There is a petition circulating to forcibly remove Umbridge as Headmaster.
(b) The students begin engaging in more mischief than usual.
(c) Criminal behavior is on the rise at Hogwarts and Professors are being attacked.
(d) While they admire the Weasleys, they are still afraid of Umbridge.
6. What does Harry learn about his recurring dream during his first Occlumency lesson?
(a) That the snake is actually Voldemort.
(b) That the hallway he sees is inside the Ministry of Magic.
(c) That he was actually in control and was responsible for the attack on Mr. Weasley.
(d) That it is a memory from his childhood after his family was killed.
7. Who does Hagrid save before escaping into the Forbidden Forest?
8. Why is Harry determined to speak with Sirius after spying on Snape's memories?
(a) He needs Sirius' perspective on what really happened.
(b) He would like to find out if his father was always like that.
(c) He's concerned that his mother seemed to hate his father.
(d) He wants to yell at Sirius for being a jerk.
9. According to Dumbledore, how many people besides Sirius suffered permanent injuries in the fight against the Death Eaters?
10. What happens to Umbridge when she returns to Hogwarts?
(a) She is interrogated by Dumbledore and then finally set free.
(b) She is forced to endure one of her own twisted detentions.
(c) She apologizes to the students and is forgiven.
(d) She is jeered out of the castle by the ghosts and students.
11. What does Draco swear to do when he meets Harry back at Hogwarts after the battle at the Ministry?
(a) That he will have revenge on Harry for what happened to his father.
(b) Become Harry's best friend and mend his ways.
(c) Help defeat Voldemort.
(d) Free his father from Azkaban.
12. What takes Hermione and Harry away from watching the Quidditch Cup match?
(a) Umbridge accuses them of creating a swamp in the hallways.
(b) Malfoy hints that Sirius may be at the school.
(c) Hagrid comes to them asking for a favor.
(d) Dumbledore sends an owl with a message for Harry.
13. What do Hermione and Harry tell Ron to get him to stop talking about the Quidditch Cup match?
(a) About the promise to take care of Grawp.
(b) They all need to sneak out to Hogsmeade to meet Sirius.
(c) Umbridge is on the warpath and wants to take away his broom.
(d) That all his practicing has likely earned him poor grades on the exams.
14. What does Harry witness during his Astrology exam?
(a) Umbridge and her followers attacking Hagrid.
(b) A herd of centaurs sneaking onto the campus.
(c) Hermione's total meltdown from too much studying.
(d) Fred and George's last trick that was set to go off during exams.
15. Why wasn't Harry made a prefect?
(a) His friends were much more qualified.
(b) He isn't popular enough at Hogwarts.
(c) Dumbledore thought he had enough to worry about.
(d) Dumbledore didn't want to draw more attention to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the centaurs end up taking Umbridge away?
2. What do the children discover that caused Voldemort to be so ecstatic when Harry linked with him after his Occlumency lesson?
3. What does Kreacher tell Harry and Hermione about Sirius when they talk through the Floo powder?
4. What does Umbridge demand from Snape in order to interrogate Harry?
5. What does Harry see in the Pensieve that disturbs him?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)