|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Harry find the funds to finance Fred and George's joke shop?
(a) The money left to him from his parents.
(b) The Dursleys continue to put money into his bank account so he'll stay away.
(c) From his tournament winnings.
(d) Betting in professional Quidditch matches.
2. What does Harry witness during his Astrology exam?
(a) A herd of centaurs sneaking onto the campus.
(b) Fred and George's last trick that was set to go off during exams.
(c) Hermione's total meltdown from too much studying.
(d) Umbridge and her followers attacking Hagrid.
3. Why does Harry have an advantage when the Death Eaters surround him in the Department of Mysteries?
(a) Because he has the orb and they can't risk destroying it.
(b) Because he is so much smarter than they are.
(c) Because his friends have their wands at the ready.
(d) Because Dumbledore is on his way to meet them.
4. What does Harry tell Umbridge about who he was trying to speak with through the fireplace in her office?
(a) He refuses to tell her anything.
(b) He was dialing the Ministry of Magic to speak with Fudge.
(c) He was trying to contact Mr. Weasley.
(d) He was contacting Dumbledore.
5. What does Harry discover when he goes to the infirmary to tell McGonagall about his dream?
(a) McGonagall has been fired.
(b) Umbridge has restricted visitors for McGonagall.
(c) She has been transferred to the hospital.
(d) Visiting hours are over and there is a large dog guarding the hallway.
6. What causes McGonagall to fight with Umbridge during Harry's career counseling session?
(a) McGonagall is sick of having someone look over her shoulder.
(b) Umbridge insults McGonagall's counseling abilities.
(c) Umbridge keeps threatening Harry with expulsion.
(d) Umbridge states that Harry can never become an Auror.
7. Who does Hagrid save before escaping into the Forbidden Forest?
8. Who does Harry learn betrayed the D.A. to Umbridge?
(a) Neville Longbottom.
(b) Ginny Weasley.
(c) Marietta Edgecomb.
(d) Draco Malfoy.
9. What does Umbridge demand from Snape in order to interrogate Harry?
(a) A potion to make Harry believe she is his best friend.
(b) That Snape help her torture Harry.
(c) A dark arts device hidden in the dungeon.
(d) A bottle of truth potion.
10. Why does Harry refuse the beverage Umbridge offers him when she summons him after being named Headmaster?
(a) He is allergic to chamomile.
(b) He thinks it may have a truth serum in it.
(c) He is afraid of anything she gives him after the enchanted pen.
(d) He is stubborn and has poor manners.
11. Why does Harry suspect Kreacher has been up to mischief when the house elf finally reappears?
(a) Because the elf is always trying to sabotage the Order.
(b) Because the elf will not account for his time.
(c) Because Kreacher is in a good mood.
(d) Because Harry is suspicious of all house elves.
12. What does Dumbledore tell Harry about Snape while explaining the events of the past months?
(a) That Snape must be watched and isn't to be trusted.
(b) That Snape was actively trying to help Harry while Dumbledore was gone.
(c) That Snape was in love with Harry's mother.
(d) That Snape is Dumbledore's illegitimate son.
13. What official is unexpectedly present when Harry is caught holding meetings of the D.A.?
(a) Arthur Weasley.
(b) Lucious Malfoy.
(c) Professor Umbridge.
(d) Minister Fudge.
14. Why was Firenze banished by the other centaurs?
(a) For agreeing to help Dumbledore.
(b) For becoming friends with Hagrid.
(c) For saving a human child that was lost in the Forbidden Forest.
(d) For allying himself with Voldemort during the last war.
15. What does Sirius stress to Harry is the most important thing with Dumbledore gone from Hogwarts?
(a) Getting good grades on the end of year exams.
(b) To watch out for Umbridge because she is in league with Fudge.
(c) For Harry to continue mastering his Occlumency lessons.
(d) Keeping his friends safe and out of significant trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room are the children forced into when they run from the Death Eaters in the Department of Mysteries?
2. Where do the children find themselves after entering the black door from Harry's dreams?
3. How do Hermione and Harry get into Umbridge's office to try to communicate with Sirius?
4. What is the favor Hagrid needs the children to do for him?
5. What D.A. student shows the greatest improvement in the wake of the Death Eaters' escape?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)