|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Harry tell McGonagall he wants to pursue after Hogwarts?
(a) Dragon Tamer.
(d) Quidditch Seeker.
2. What happens when Umbridge learns of the newspaper article about Harry's encounter with Voldemort?
(a) She tries to expel Harry from Hogwarts but is stopped by Dumbledore.
(b) She assigns Harry to another two months of detention.
(c) She flies into a rage and forbids him from any future outings to Hogsmeade.
(d) She vows to make the newspaper reprint the article with the "truth" about Harry's lies.
3. What is significant about the room where Harry saw Sirius tortured in his dreams?
(a) It is filled with shelves lined with glass orbs.
(b) It has 13 Death Eaters in it.
(c) It is identical to the graveyard where Cedric died.
(d) It is covered in layers and layers of dust.
4. What attracts the Thestrals to Harry and Hermione after their encounter with the centaurs?
(a) The magical after-effects of violence.
(b) The noise of the centaurs' hooves.
(c) The smell of the blood.
(d) People that can see them.
5. What does Draco swear to do when he meets Harry back at Hogwarts after the battle at the Ministry?
(a) Free his father from Azkaban.
(b) Help defeat Voldemort.
(c) That he will have revenge on Harry for what happened to his father.
(d) Become Harry's best friend and mend his ways.
6. What do the children discover that caused Voldemort to be so ecstatic when Harry linked with him after his Occlumency lesson?
(a) The successful raid on the Department of Mysteries by Death Eaters.
(b) The discovery of a missing component for a Dark Arts ritual to bring Voldemort back to full life.
(c) The escape of Death Eaters from Azkaban.
(d) That Harry is still unable to block Voldemort from his mind.
7. What does the Sunday Prophet say about Harry and Voldemort after the showdown at the Ministry?
(a) The article claims it's all a hoax and Harry is lying.
(b) Voldemort and Harry are destined to destroy one another.
(c) That Harrry was in league with Voldemort and should be arrested.
(d) The article redeems Harry's honor and confirms Voldemort's return.
8. Why is Harry determined to speak with Sirius after spying on Snape's memories?
(a) He would like to find out if his father was always like that.
(b) He wants to yell at Sirius for being a jerk.
(c) He's concerned that his mother seemed to hate his father.
(d) He needs Sirius' perspective on what really happened.
9. What does Harry learn about his recurring dream during his first Occlumency lesson?
(a) That the hallway he sees is inside the Ministry of Magic.
(b) That he was actually in control and was responsible for the attack on Mr. Weasley.
(c) That the snake is actually Voldemort.
(d) That it is a memory from his childhood after his family was killed.
10. What does Harry see in the Pensieve that disturbs him?
(a) Snape pushing Harry's father around in their first year at Hogwarts.
(b) Snape in a meeting with Voldemort.
(c) His father bullying Snape when he was Harry's age.
(d) His mother and Snape in a romantic situation.
11. What does Kreacher tell Harry and Hermione about Sirius when they talk through the Floo powder?
(a) That he's been captured by dementors.
(b) That he was hit by a car while changed into a dog.
(c) That he will never return from the Department of Mysteries.
(d) That he has been returned to Azkaban.
12. Why wasn't Harry made a prefect?
(a) His friends were much more qualified.
(b) He isn't popular enough at Hogwarts.
(c) Dumbledore thought he had enough to worry about.
(d) Dumbledore didn't want to draw more attention to him.
13. Why do the centaurs end up taking Umbridge away?
(a) Because the children explain that she's a bad person.
(b) Because she won't stop talking.
(c) Because they want to kill all adult humans.
(d) Because she attacks them with magic.
14. How do Hermione and Harry get into Umbridge's office to try to communicate with Sirius?
(a) The Room of Requirement creates a hallway into the office.
(b) Filch lets them in by accident.
(c) They stun everyone that sees them sneaking about.
(d) Using Harry's invisibility cloak and knife.
15. Why won't Dumbledore let Harry leave his office when Harry begins throwing things around?
(a) Because Dumbledore needs to explain things to Harry.
(b) Because Harry needs to be punished for destroying things.
(c) Because he doesn't want Harry to attack Draco Malfoy.
(d) Because he is concerned Harry is a danger to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room are the children forced into when they run from the Death Eaters in the Department of Mysteries?
2. Why is McGonagall taken to the infirmary?
3. What is the art of Occlumency that Harry must learn?
4. Who does Harry learn betrayed the D.A. to Umbridge?
5. Why does Dumbledore feel culpable for Sirius' death?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)