|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dumbledore do to get Harry out of trouble?
(a) Threatens Fudge with a secret that Fudge doesn't want revealed to the wizarding world.
(b) Casts a forgetting spell on everyone in the room.
(c) Claims he created the D.A. and is trying to overthrow Minister Fudge.
(d) Helps Harry escape through the secret tunnel in his office.
2. What exam do Ron and Harry both do poorly on?
(c) Defense Against the Dark Arts.
3. What does Hagrid tell Hermione and Ron he suspects will happen to him shortly after the Quidditch Cup?
(a) He will be accused of a crime.
(b) He will be fired.
(c) He will be named leader of the giants.
(d) He will be sent on another mission.
4. What does Kreacher tell Harry and Hermione about Sirius when they talk through the Floo powder?
(a) That he was hit by a car while changed into a dog.
(b) That he's been captured by dementors.
(c) That he will never return from the Department of Mysteries.
(d) That he has been returned to Azkaban.
5. What does Harry do as soon as Snape leaves their interrupted Occlumency lesson?
(a) Practices his Defense Against the Dark Arts spells.
(b) Looks at Snape's memory in the Pensieve.
(c) Tries to find the components to an alchemical recipe for Hermione.
(d) Tries to induce a trance so he can finish his dream.
6. What is the first clue something is not right when the children arrive at the Ministry of Magic?
(a) There is no security whatsoever.
(b) Minister Fudge welcomes them in personally.
(c) The doors are all wide open.
(d) There are dark clouds gathering just above the Ministry.
7. What keeps Hermione and Harry from being attacked by the centaurs?
(a) The fact that they are still children.
(b) Hagrid's friendship still holds some sway with the centaurs.
(c) Hermione negotiates a deal for safe travel through the forest.
(d) Grawp comes stumbling by and the centaurs attack him.
8. Why won't Dumbledore let Harry leave his office when Harry begins throwing things around?
(a) Because Harry needs to be punished for destroying things.
(b) Because Dumbledore needs to explain things to Harry.
(c) Because he doesn't want Harry to attack Draco Malfoy.
(d) Because he is concerned Harry is a danger to himself.
9. What character does Dumbledore choose to teach Harry Occlumency?
(a) Sirius Black.
(b) Professor Snape.
(c) Professor McGonagall.
(d) Mrs. Weasley.
10. Why do the centaurs end up taking Umbridge away?
(a) Because she won't stop talking.
(b) Because they want to kill all adult humans.
(c) Because the children explain that she's a bad person.
(d) Because she attacks them with magic.
11. Why does Nearly Headless Nick tell Harry he's not likely to see Sirius as a ghost?
(a) Ghosts rarely appear to those they were close to in life.
(b) Sirius isn't necessarily dead and may return from Beyond the Veil.
(c) Only certain wizards are allowed to stay as ghosts.
(d) Most wizards choose to move on to whatever is after death.
12. What Quidditch Team wins the Quidditch Cup match?
13. Who gave the prophecy that linked Harry forever with Voldemort?
(a) Centaur Firenze.
(b) Lilly Potter.
(c) Mundungus Fletcher.
(d) Professory Trelawney.
14. What mode of transport do the children choose to travel to the Ministry and save Sirius?
(a) A magic carpet.
(b) A flying car.
(c) Floo powder.
15. What does Harry see in the Pensieve that disturbs him?
(a) Snape in a meeting with Voldemort.
(b) Snape pushing Harry's father around in their first year at Hogwarts.
(c) His father bullying Snape when he was Harry's age.
(d) His mother and Snape in a romantic situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dumbledore feel culpable for Sirius' death?
2. Why does Harry suspect Kreacher has been up to mischief when the house elf finally reappears?
3. What is the result of the hex Hermione placed on anyone that breaks the confidence of the D.A.?
4. Which of Harry's friends is tortured when trying to help Harry?
5. What does Harry learn about his recurring dream during his first Occlumency lesson?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)