|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Harry exasperated with Cho after their first date?
(a) Because it ends with her leaving in tears.
(b) Because she insists on paying for half of everything.
(c) Because she doesn't really seem to be interested in Harry.
(d) Because she only talks about girly subjects Harry doesn't identify with.
2. What attracts the Thestrals to Harry and Hermione after their encounter with the centaurs?
(a) The smell of the blood.
(b) The noise of the centaurs' hooves.
(c) People that can see them.
(d) The magical after-effects of violence.
3. What character does Dumbledore choose to teach Harry Occlumency?
(a) Mrs. Weasley.
(b) Professor McGonagall.
(c) Professor Snape.
(d) Sirius Black.
4. What causes a slight shifting in students' attitudes toward Harry?
(a) The escape of Death Eaters from Azkaban.
(b) A newspaper article declaring that Harry is right.
(c) Sightings of Voldemort along Diagon Alley.
(d) The murder of a Ministry employee.
5. What happens to Umbridge when she returns to Hogwarts?
(a) She is jeered out of the castle by the ghosts and students.
(b) She is forced to endure one of her own twisted detentions.
(c) She is interrogated by Dumbledore and then finally set free.
(d) She apologizes to the students and is forgiven.
6. Why wasn't Harry made a prefect?
(a) Dumbledore thought he had enough to worry about.
(b) His friends were much more qualified.
(c) He isn't popular enough at Hogwarts.
(d) Dumbledore didn't want to draw more attention to him.
7. How do the children find their way from the room with black doors to the room they need?
(a) They pull out the enchanted map and it redraws itself to match the Ministry.
(b) They use a marking spell to show where they've already been.
(c) Hermione uses a piece of plain chalk to mark the walls and their progress.
(d) They hear Sirius screaming and follow the sound.
8. What two teachers are being targeted for dismissal by Umbridge?
(a) Trelawney and McGonagall.
(b) Snape and McGonagall.
(c) Dumbledore and Snape.
(d) Hagrid and Trelawney.
9. What D.A. student shows the greatest improvement in the wake of the Death Eaters' escape?
(a) Cho Chang.
(b) Ginny Weasley.
(c) Neville Longbottom.
(d) Hermione Granger.
10. What does Harry do as soon as Snape leaves their interrupted Occlumency lesson?
(a) Tries to find the components to an alchemical recipe for Hermione.
(b) Practices his Defense Against the Dark Arts spells.
(c) Tries to induce a trance so he can finish his dream.
(d) Looks at Snape's memory in the Pensieve.
11. Where does Harry find Sirius when he begins searching?
(a) He doesn't find Sirius, it was a trick.
(b) In the clearing at the center of the room.
(c) Crumpled in a ball at Lucious Malfoy's feet.
(d) In between two of the aisles.
12. What is the favor Hagrid needs the children to do for him?
(a) Maintain the truce with the centaurs.
(b) Tend the Thestrils in the forest.
(c) Watch over his brother Grawp.
(d) Take a message to Trelawney.
13. Why is Harry determined to speak with Sirius after spying on Snape's memories?
(a) He wants to yell at Sirius for being a jerk.
(b) He needs Sirius' perspective on what really happened.
(c) He would like to find out if his father was always like that.
(d) He's concerned that his mother seemed to hate his father.
14. What keeps Voldemort from killing Harry with his death spell?
(a) A mirror reflects the spell back.
(b) A herd of centaurs join the fight.
(c) Neville casts a counter-curse.
(d) A statue leaps in front of Harry.
15. What does Ron find in the room?
(a) The newest Nimbus model broomstick.
(b) A wand that flies straight off the shelf and into his hand.
(c) An orb with both Harry's and the Dark Lord's names on it.
(d) A genie lamp that can grant wishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry have an advantage when the Death Eaters surround him in the Department of Mysteries?
2. What profession does Harry tell McGonagall he wants to pursue after Hogwarts?
3. What does Harry see when he daydreams during his History of Magic exam?
4. Why does Dumbledore feel culpable for Sirius' death?
5. Why does Harry refuse the beverage Umbridge offers him when she summons him after being named Headmaster?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)