|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the art of Occlumency that Harry must learn?
(a) Protecting the mind from magical intrusion.
(b) Viewing the future using a special optical tool.
(c) Protecting the mind from dementor attacks.
(d) A new form of defensive magic that is highly restricted.
2. What room are the children forced into when they run from the Death Eaters in the Department of Mysteries?
(a) The room with the floating brains.
(b) The room with the rotating doors.
(c) The room with the three-headed dog.
(d) The room filled with floating keys.
3. Why is Harry determined to speak with Sirius after spying on Snape's memories?
(a) He would like to find out if his father was always like that.
(b) He needs Sirius' perspective on what really happened.
(c) He's concerned that his mother seemed to hate his father.
(d) He wants to yell at Sirius for being a jerk.
4. What is the response of the general Hogwarts population to Fred and George's leave-taking?
(a) While they admire the Weasleys, they are still afraid of Umbridge.
(b) Criminal behavior is on the rise at Hogwarts and Professors are being attacked.
(c) There is a petition circulating to forcibly remove Umbridge as Headmaster.
(d) The students begin engaging in more mischief than usual.
5. What is shocking about Harry's fight with Lestrange?
(a) He uses a forbidden torture curse on her.
(b) She is too afraid to cast spells at Harry.
(c) She won't fight him because they're related.
(d) How easily she defeats him.
6. What takes Hermione and Harry away from watching the Quidditch Cup match?
(a) Umbridge accuses them of creating a swamp in the hallways.
(b) Hagrid comes to them asking for a favor.
(c) Dumbledore sends an owl with a message for Harry.
(d) Malfoy hints that Sirius may be at the school.
7. What does Harry witness during his Astrology exam?
(a) Umbridge and her followers attacking Hagrid.
(b) Fred and George's last trick that was set to go off during exams.
(c) A herd of centaurs sneaking onto the campus.
(d) Hermione's total meltdown from too much studying.
8. Why is Harry exasperated with Cho after their first date?
(a) Because she doesn't really seem to be interested in Harry.
(b) Because she insists on paying for half of everything.
(c) Because she only talks about girly subjects Harry doesn't identify with.
(d) Because it ends with her leaving in tears.
9. What Quidditch Team wins the Quidditch Cup match?
10. What do Fred and George announce when they publicly quit Hogwarts?
(a) That they will return if any of their friends need them.
(b) That Umbridge is a silly old cow.
(c) The opening of their new joke shop.
(d) The recommencing of D.A. practices in Hogsmeade.
11. What D.A. student shows the greatest improvement in the wake of the Death Eaters' escape?
(a) Hermione Granger.
(b) Cho Chang.
(c) Ginny Weasley.
(d) Neville Longbottom.
12. Where does Harry find Sirius when he begins searching?
(a) In between two of the aisles.
(b) Crumpled in a ball at Lucious Malfoy's feet.
(c) In the clearing at the center of the room.
(d) He doesn't find Sirius, it was a trick.
13. What character does Dumbledore choose to teach Harry Occlumency?
(a) Sirius Black.
(b) Mrs. Weasley.
(c) Professor Snape.
(d) Professor McGonagall.
14. What does Harry see when he daydreams during his History of Magic exam?
(a) Mr. Weasley being attacked again.
(b) Dumbledore and Voldemort in an arcane duel.
(c) Himself kneeling before Voldemort inside the Department of Mysteries.
(d) Sirius being tortured by Harry.
15. What do Fred and George as a reaction to Umbridge's new position?
(a) Poison the drinking fountain in Slytherin house with a vomit-inducing liquid.
(b) Set snakes loose in Umbridge's bed.
(c) Break into Umbridge's office.
(d) Release fireworks all over the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the room where Harry saw Sirius tortured in his dreams?
2. Where does Hermione lead Umbridge within the Forbidden Forest?
3. What is the first clue something is not right when the children arrive at the Ministry of Magic?
4. According to Dumbledore, how many people besides Sirius suffered permanent injuries in the fight against the Death Eaters?
5. Why do the centaurs end up taking Umbridge away?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)