|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Harry's friends is tortured when trying to help Harry?
(a) Ron Weasley.
(b) Luna Lovegood.
(c) Hermione Granger.
(d) Neville Longbottom.
2. Why is Harry exasperated with Cho after their first date?
(a) Because she doesn't really seem to be interested in Harry.
(b) Because she only talks about girly subjects Harry doesn't identify with.
(c) Because it ends with her leaving in tears.
(d) Because she insists on paying for half of everything.
3. What do Moody, Tonks and Lupin tell the Dursleys before sending Harry home with them?
(a) That Harry's last remaining relative besides them is dead.
(b) That Harry is allowed to use his magic against them now.
(c) That Harry is dangerous and should be treated carefully.
(d) That if they mistreat Harry in any way, they will be held accountable.
4. Why is Harry determined to speak with Sirius after spying on Snape's memories?
(a) He's concerned that his mother seemed to hate his father.
(b) He wants to yell at Sirius for being a jerk.
(c) He would like to find out if his father was always like that.
(d) He needs Sirius' perspective on what really happened.
5. What is Umbridge's first action upon being named the new Headmaster of Hogwarts?
(a) Expelling several students for being cheeky.
(b) Forming an Inquisitorial Squad.
(c) Firing Hagrid and McGonagall.
(d) Appointing a new Divination teacher.
6. Why does Dumbledore feel culpable for Sirius' death?
(a) He has an overdeveloped sense of responsibility for his students.
(b) He had the option to stop Sirius but was busy saving someone else.
(c) If he had been more honest with Harry, much of this could have been avoided.
(d) He had an argument with Sirius that resulted in Sirius going to the Ministry after Harry.
7. Why wasn't Harry made a prefect?
(a) His friends were much more qualified.
(b) He isn't popular enough at Hogwarts.
(c) Dumbledore didn't want to draw more attention to him.
(d) Dumbledore thought he had enough to worry about.
8. What does the Sunday Prophet say about Harry and Voldemort after the showdown at the Ministry?
(a) That Harrry was in league with Voldemort and should be arrested.
(b) The article redeems Harry's honor and confirms Voldemort's return.
(c) The article claims it's all a hoax and Harry is lying.
(d) Voldemort and Harry are destined to destroy one another.
9. What happens when Snape learns Harry has still been having the dreams about the hallway?
(a) He tells Harry he's a hopeless student that will never learn Occlumency.
(b) He refuses to teach Harry any further since Harry won't apply what he's learning.
(c) He reports Harry's dreams to Dumbledore.
(d) He intensifies the training and Harry accidentally invades Snape's memories.
10. Why is McGonagall taken to the infirmary?
(a) She is attacked by centaurs.
(b) She has an argument with Umbridge that results in violence.
(c) She has what appears to be a stroke from too much stress.
(d) She is hit with four stun spells defending another professor.
11. What is the art of Occlumency that Harry must learn?
(a) Protecting the mind from dementor attacks.
(b) A new form of defensive magic that is highly restricted.
(c) Protecting the mind from magical intrusion.
(d) Viewing the future using a special optical tool.
12. What happens to Sirius after he fights Bellatrix Lestrange?
(a) He is hit with an excruciatus curse and has to go to the hospital.
(b) He is caught by Ministry officials and taken to Azkaban.
(c) He changes into a black dog and will not revert back.
(d) He falls backwards through the mysterious archway and disappears.
13. What official is unexpectedly present when Harry is caught holding meetings of the D.A.?
(a) Lucious Malfoy.
(b) Arthur Weasley.
(c) Minister Fudge.
(d) Professor Umbridge.
14. What attracts the Thestrals to Harry and Hermione after their encounter with the centaurs?
(a) The smell of the blood.
(b) The magical after-effects of violence.
(c) The noise of the centaurs' hooves.
(d) People that can see them.
15. What is the result of the hex Hermione placed on anyone that breaks the confidence of the D.A.?
(a) A voice that croaks like a bullfrog when trying to speak.
(b) Horrible sores that spell "LIAR" across the forehead.
(c) Horrible sores that spell "SNEAK" across the face.
(d) An oozing green slime that pours from the ears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Dumbledore let Harry leave his office when Harry begins throwing things around?
2. What do Fred and George announce when they publicly quit Hogwarts?
3. What is significant about the room where Harry saw Sirius tortured in his dreams?
4. What takes Hermione and Harry away from watching the Quidditch Cup match?
5. What character does Dumbledore choose to teach Harry Occlumency?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)