|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the room where Harry saw Sirius tortured in his dreams?
(a) It has 13 Death Eaters in it.
(b) It is filled with shelves lined with glass orbs.
(c) It is covered in layers and layers of dust.
(d) It is identical to the graveyard where Cedric died.
2. Why does Nearly Headless Nick tell Harry he's not likely to see Sirius as a ghost?
(a) Ghosts rarely appear to those they were close to in life.
(b) Sirius isn't necessarily dead and may return from Beyond the Veil.
(c) Only certain wizards are allowed to stay as ghosts.
(d) Most wizards choose to move on to whatever is after death.
3. Why is Harry exasperated with Cho after their first date?
(a) Because it ends with her leaving in tears.
(b) Because she only talks about girly subjects Harry doesn't identify with.
(c) Because she insists on paying for half of everything.
(d) Because she doesn't really seem to be interested in Harry.
4. How do Hermione and Harry get into Umbridge's office to try to communicate with Sirius?
(a) The Room of Requirement creates a hallway into the office.
(b) Filch lets them in by accident.
(c) Using Harry's invisibility cloak and knife.
(d) They stun everyone that sees them sneaking about.
5. What is put into Dumbledore's Pensieve before the first Occlumency lesson?
(a) Some of Snape's memories.
(b) A family portrait of the Weasleys.
(c) Harry's memories of his family.
(d) A drop of gryphon blood.
6. What is the favor Hagrid needs the children to do for him?
(a) Take a message to Trelawney.
(b) Maintain the truce with the centaurs.
(c) Tend the Thestrils in the forest.
(d) Watch over his brother Grawp.
7. Why does Harry have an advantage when the Death Eaters surround him in the Department of Mysteries?
(a) Because he has the orb and they can't risk destroying it.
(b) Because he is so much smarter than they are.
(c) Because Dumbledore is on his way to meet them.
(d) Because his friends have their wands at the ready.
8. Why does Harry protest his friends accompanying him to the Ministry of Magic?
(a) He wants to take all the credit for defeating Voldemort.
(b) He wants to protect his friends.
(c) He is worried the Thestrals can't carry Neville.
(d) He thinks more people will make it harder to succeed.
9. What causes Voldemort to finally materialize in the Ministry lobby?
(a) Bellatrix being defeated by Harry.
(b) Hearing that the prophecy was destroyed.
(c) Harry's being alone without friends to help him.
(d) Dumbledore's absence.
10. What does Harry instruct his friends to do when he signals them in the battle with the Death Eaters?
(a) Scatter in every direction to avoid capture.
(b) Drop their wands and surrender so no one gets hurt.
(c) Be immediately prepared to cast stun spells at the Death Eaters.
(d) Break as many orbs as possible to cause confusion.
11. Why does Harry suspect Kreacher has been up to mischief when the house elf finally reappears?
(a) Because the elf is always trying to sabotage the Order.
(b) Because Harry is suspicious of all house elves.
(c) Because Kreacher is in a good mood.
(d) Because the elf will not account for his time.
12. Why does Harry refuse the beverage Umbridge offers him when she summons him after being named Headmaster?
(a) He thinks it may have a truth serum in it.
(b) He is allergic to chamomile.
(c) He is stubborn and has poor manners.
(d) He is afraid of anything she gives him after the enchanted pen.
13. Why wasn't Harry made a prefect?
(a) His friends were much more qualified.
(b) Dumbledore didn't want to draw more attention to him.
(c) He isn't popular enough at Hogwarts.
(d) Dumbledore thought he had enough to worry about.
14. Who gave the prophecy that linked Harry forever with Voldemort?
(a) Professory Trelawney.
(b) Mundungus Fletcher.
(c) Centaur Firenze.
(d) Lilly Potter.
15. What does Hermione advise Harry to do when she learns he is still dreaming about the hallway inside the Ministry?
(a) Stop being a silly boy and wake himself up when he starts having the dream.
(b) Keep quiet about the dreams since he's supposed to be learning to stop them.
(c) Tell Dumbledore immediately so he can warn the Ministry to protect what's inside.
(d) Speak to Snape about raising the intensity of his Occlumency training.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the response of the general Hogwarts population to Fred and George's leave-taking?
2. What does Dumbledore say will happen if Minister Fudge's Aurors attack him?
3. Why do the centaurs end up taking Umbridge away?
4. What fact about Rita Skeeter does Hermione threaten to reveal?
5. Why does Harry wish for death when Voldemort possesses him?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)