|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the orb after Harry gives it to Neville?
(a) It slips out of Neville's pocket and shatters.
(b) Neville takes it and flees the Ministry.
(c) Neville shatters it against a wall so no one can get it.
(d) Bellatrix Lestrange attacks Neville and takes it.
2. Where does Harry find Sirius when he begins searching?
(a) Crumpled in a ball at Lucious Malfoy's feet.
(b) He doesn't find Sirius, it was a trick.
(c) In between two of the aisles.
(d) In the clearing at the center of the room.
3. Why does Dumbledore feel culpable for Sirius' death?
(a) He had an argument with Sirius that resulted in Sirius going to the Ministry after Harry.
(b) He had the option to stop Sirius but was busy saving someone else.
(c) If he had been more honest with Harry, much of this could have been avoided.
(d) He has an overdeveloped sense of responsibility for his students.
4. Why does Harry wish for death when Voldemort possesses him?
(a) He is in so much pain and wants to be reunited with Sirius.
(b) He thinks it's the only way to save his friends.
(c) He wants to destroy Voldemort any way he can.
(d) He is alone in the world and can't handle it anymore.
5. How do the children find their way from the room with black doors to the room they need?
(a) They hear Sirius screaming and follow the sound.
(b) They pull out the enchanted map and it redraws itself to match the Ministry.
(c) They use a marking spell to show where they've already been.
(d) Hermione uses a piece of plain chalk to mark the walls and their progress.
6. What do Fred and George as a reaction to Umbridge's new position?
(a) Set snakes loose in Umbridge's bed.
(b) Release fireworks all over the school.
(c) Poison the drinking fountain in Slytherin house with a vomit-inducing liquid.
(d) Break into Umbridge's office.
7. What room are the children forced into when they run from the Death Eaters in the Department of Mysteries?
(a) The room with the floating brains.
(b) The room with the rotating doors.
(c) The room filled with floating keys.
(d) The room with the three-headed dog.
8. What keeps Hermione and Harry from being attacked by the centaurs?
(a) The fact that they are still children.
(b) Hagrid's friendship still holds some sway with the centaurs.
(c) Hermione negotiates a deal for safe travel through the forest.
(d) Grawp comes stumbling by and the centaurs attack him.
9. Why is Harry exasperated with Cho after their first date?
(a) Because it ends with her leaving in tears.
(b) Because she only talks about girly subjects Harry doesn't identify with.
(c) Because she insists on paying for half of everything.
(d) Because she doesn't really seem to be interested in Harry.
10. Who gave the prophecy that linked Harry forever with Voldemort?
(a) Professory Trelawney.
(b) Centaur Firenze.
(c) Mundungus Fletcher.
(d) Lilly Potter.
11. What does Harry see when he daydreams during his History of Magic exam?
(a) Mr. Weasley being attacked again.
(b) Dumbledore and Voldemort in an arcane duel.
(c) Sirius being tortured by Harry.
(d) Himself kneeling before Voldemort inside the Department of Mysteries.
12. Why do the centaurs end up taking Umbridge away?
(a) Because she won't stop talking.
(b) Because she attacks them with magic.
(c) Because the children explain that she's a bad person.
(d) Because they want to kill all adult humans.
13. What does Harry discover when he goes to the infirmary to tell McGonagall about his dream?
(a) Umbridge has restricted visitors for McGonagall.
(b) She has been transferred to the hospital.
(c) McGonagall has been fired.
(d) Visiting hours are over and there is a large dog guarding the hallway.
14. What is the first clue something is not right when the children arrive at the Ministry of Magic?
(a) The doors are all wide open.
(b) Minister Fudge welcomes them in personally.
(c) There are dark clouds gathering just above the Ministry.
(d) There is no security whatsoever.
15. Who does Harry learn betrayed the D.A. to Umbridge?
(a) Neville Longbottom.
(b) Ginny Weasley.
(c) Marietta Edgecomb.
(d) Draco Malfoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sirius stress to Harry is the most important thing with Dumbledore gone from Hogwarts?
2. Why wasn't Harry made a prefect?
3. What does Harry learn about his recurring dream during his first Occlumency lesson?
4. Which of Harry's friends is tortured when trying to help Harry?
5. What is Firenze's opinion of the human approach to Divination?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)