|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nearly Headless Nick tell Harry he's not likely to see Sirius as a ghost?
(a) Sirius isn't necessarily dead and may return from Beyond the Veil.
(b) Only certain wizards are allowed to stay as ghosts.
(c) Ghosts rarely appear to those they were close to in life.
(d) Most wizards choose to move on to whatever is after death.
2. What does Hagrid tell Hermione and Ron he suspects will happen to him shortly after the Quidditch Cup?
(a) He will be sent on another mission.
(b) He will be fired.
(c) He will be accused of a crime.
(d) He will be named leader of the giants.
3. What keeps Hermione and Harry from being attacked by the centaurs?
(a) Hermione negotiates a deal for safe travel through the forest.
(b) Grawp comes stumbling by and the centaurs attack him.
(c) The fact that they are still children.
(d) Hagrid's friendship still holds some sway with the centaurs.
4. What is Firenze's opinion of the human approach to Divination?
(a) Humans are meddling with forces they can't understand and should stop.
(b) Humans are on the right track but too short-sighted.
(c) Humans concern themselves with trivial details when looking at the future.
(d) Humans are far more advanced than centaurs.
5. What do Fred and George as a reaction to Umbridge's new position?
(a) Break into Umbridge's office.
(b) Poison the drinking fountain in Slytherin house with a vomit-inducing liquid.
(c) Release fireworks all over the school.
(d) Set snakes loose in Umbridge's bed.
6. What do Moody, Tonks and Lupin tell the Dursleys before sending Harry home with them?
(a) That if they mistreat Harry in any way, they will be held accountable.
(b) That Harry's last remaining relative besides them is dead.
(c) That Harry is dangerous and should be treated carefully.
(d) That Harry is allowed to use his magic against them now.
7. Where do the children find themselves after entering the black door from Harry's dreams?
(a) Back in the forest where Umbridge is waiting with Voldemort.
(b) In a circular room with revolving identical black doors.
(c) In a circular staircase heading down.
(d) Inside the office of the Minister of Magic.
8. What causes a slight shifting in students' attitudes toward Harry?
(a) The murder of a Ministry employee.
(b) A newspaper article declaring that Harry is right.
(c) The escape of Death Eaters from Azkaban.
(d) Sightings of Voldemort along Diagon Alley.
9. Why does Harry protest his friends accompanying him to the Ministry of Magic?
(a) He wants to protect his friends.
(b) He is worried the Thestrals can't carry Neville.
(c) He thinks more people will make it harder to succeed.
(d) He wants to take all the credit for defeating Voldemort.
10. Who does Dumbledore appoint as the new Divination professor?
(a) Mundungus Fletcher.
(b) Mrs. Weasley.
11. What causes Snape to leave Harry's Occlumency lesson after Umbridge is appointed Headmaster?
(a) Umbridge sends a message demanding Snape submit to a truth serum.
(b) The snakes from Umbridge's bed are now in the girls' lavatory.
(c) Malfoy interrupts to get help with a situation in the castle.
(d) A series of ominous noises from the Forbidden Forest.
12. Why does Harry refuse the beverage Umbridge offers him when she summons him after being named Headmaster?
(a) He thinks it may have a truth serum in it.
(b) He is allergic to chamomile.
(c) He is stubborn and has poor manners.
(d) He is afraid of anything she gives him after the enchanted pen.
13. What does Harry instruct his friends to do when he signals them in the battle with the Death Eaters?
(a) Drop their wands and surrender so no one gets hurt.
(b) Scatter in every direction to avoid capture.
(c) Be immediately prepared to cast stun spells at the Death Eaters.
(d) Break as many orbs as possible to cause confusion.
14. What profession does Harry tell McGonagall he wants to pursue after Hogwarts?
(a) Dragon Tamer.
(b) Quidditch Seeker.
15. Why wasn't Harry made a prefect?
(a) He isn't popular enough at Hogwarts.
(b) Dumbledore thought he had enough to worry about.
(c) His friends were much more qualified.
(d) Dumbledore didn't want to draw more attention to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Harry find the funds to finance Fred and George's joke shop?
2. What do Fred and George announce when they publicly quit Hogwarts?
3. What Quidditch Team wins the Quidditch Cup match?
4. What mode of transport do the children choose to travel to the Ministry and save Sirius?
5. What does Sirius stress to Harry is the most important thing with Dumbledore gone from Hogwarts?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)