|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes McGonagall to fight with Umbridge during Harry's career counseling session?
(a) Umbridge states that Harry can never become an Auror.
(b) Umbridge insults McGonagall's counseling abilities.
(c) McGonagall is sick of having someone look over her shoulder.
(d) Umbridge keeps threatening Harry with expulsion.
2. What do Fred and George as a reaction to Umbridge's new position?
(a) Break into Umbridge's office.
(b) Set snakes loose in Umbridge's bed.
(c) Release fireworks all over the school.
(d) Poison the drinking fountain in Slytherin house with a vomit-inducing liquid.
3. What keeps Voldemort from killing Harry with his death spell?
(a) A herd of centaurs join the fight.
(b) A mirror reflects the spell back.
(c) A statue leaps in front of Harry.
(d) Neville casts a counter-curse.
4. What does Harry try to do when he realizes Sirius has disappeared through the archway?
(a) Break his wand.
(b) Kill all the Death Eaters.
(c) Follow him in.
(d) Convince his friends to follow Sirius.
5. What happens between Harry and Cho when they first meet again after the holiday break?
(a) They get caught snogging by Mr. Filch.
(b) They have an argument because Harry didn't write Cho over break.
(c) Harry invites Cho on a date for Valentine's Day.
(d) Cho asks Harry to go steady.
6. Why do the centaurs end up taking Umbridge away?
(a) Because she won't stop talking.
(b) Because she attacks them with magic.
(c) Because they want to kill all adult humans.
(d) Because the children explain that she's a bad person.
7. What does Draco swear to do when he meets Harry back at Hogwarts after the battle at the Ministry?
(a) Help defeat Voldemort.
(b) That he will have revenge on Harry for what happened to his father.
(c) Become Harry's best friend and mend his ways.
(d) Free his father from Azkaban.
8. What does Dumbledore say will happen if Minister Fudge's Aurors attack him?
(a) He will kill everyone in the room.
(b) He will defeat them all.
(c) Voldemort will win.
(d) He will flee again and return with backup.
9. What fact about Rita Skeeter does Hermione threaten to reveal?
(a) Rita once aided the Death Eaters in escaping from Aurors.
(b) Rita was born in a Muggle family.
(c) That Rita is an unregistered Animagus.
(d) Rita has a secret relationship with Professor Snape.
10. Why does Nearly Headless Nick tell Harry he's not likely to see Sirius as a ghost?
(a) Most wizards choose to move on to whatever is after death.
(b) Ghosts rarely appear to those they were close to in life.
(c) Sirius isn't necessarily dead and may return from Beyond the Veil.
(d) Only certain wizards are allowed to stay as ghosts.
11. Why does Harry protest his friends accompanying him to the Ministry of Magic?
(a) He is worried the Thestrals can't carry Neville.
(b) He wants to take all the credit for defeating Voldemort.
(c) He wants to protect his friends.
(d) He thinks more people will make it harder to succeed.
12. Why wasn't Harry made a prefect?
(a) Dumbledore didn't want to draw more attention to him.
(b) He isn't popular enough at Hogwarts.
(c) His friends were much more qualified.
(d) Dumbledore thought he had enough to worry about.
13. What does Harry witness during his Astrology exam?
(a) Umbridge and her followers attacking Hagrid.
(b) Hermione's total meltdown from too much studying.
(c) A herd of centaurs sneaking onto the campus.
(d) Fred and George's last trick that was set to go off during exams.
14. What causes Voldemort to finally materialize in the Ministry lobby?
(a) Bellatrix being defeated by Harry.
(b) Dumbledore's absence.
(c) Harry's being alone without friends to help him.
(d) Hearing that the prophecy was destroyed.
15. What Quidditch Team wins the Quidditch Cup match?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Snape to leave Harry's Occlumency lesson after Umbridge is appointed Headmaster?
2. What is the favor Hagrid needs the children to do for him?
3. Who does Dumbledore appoint as the new Divination professor?
4. What character does Dumbledore choose to teach Harry Occlumency?
5. What keeps Hermione and Harry from being attacked by the centaurs?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)