|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry see when he daydreams during his History of Magic exam?
(a) Sirius being tortured by Harry.
(b) Himself kneeling before Voldemort inside the Department of Mysteries.
(c) Dumbledore and Voldemort in an arcane duel.
(d) Mr. Weasley being attacked again.
2. What Quidditch Team wins the Quidditch Cup match?
3. Why does Harry have an advantage when the Death Eaters surround him in the Department of Mysteries?
(a) Because Dumbledore is on his way to meet them.
(b) Because he is so much smarter than they are.
(c) Because he has the orb and they can't risk destroying it.
(d) Because his friends have their wands at the ready.
4. What mode of transport do the children choose to travel to the Ministry and save Sirius?
(a) Floo powder.
(b) A flying car.
(d) A magic carpet.
5. What is the first clue something is not right when the children arrive at the Ministry of Magic?
(a) Minister Fudge welcomes them in personally.
(b) There are dark clouds gathering just above the Ministry.
(c) The doors are all wide open.
(d) There is no security whatsoever.
6. What does the Sunday Prophet say about Harry and Voldemort after the showdown at the Ministry?
(a) That Harrry was in league with Voldemort and should be arrested.
(b) The article claims it's all a hoax and Harry is lying.
(c) Voldemort and Harry are destined to destroy one another.
(d) The article redeems Harry's honor and confirms Voldemort's return.
7. What do Hermione and Harry tell Ron to get him to stop talking about the Quidditch Cup match?
(a) They all need to sneak out to Hogsmeade to meet Sirius.
(b) About the promise to take care of Grawp.
(c) That all his practicing has likely earned him poor grades on the exams.
(d) Umbridge is on the warpath and wants to take away his broom.
8. What does Harry learn about his recurring dream during his first Occlumency lesson?
(a) That the snake is actually Voldemort.
(b) That it is a memory from his childhood after his family was killed.
(c) That the hallway he sees is inside the Ministry of Magic.
(d) That he was actually in control and was responsible for the attack on Mr. Weasley.
9. What does Sirius stress to Harry is the most important thing with Dumbledore gone from Hogwarts?
(a) Getting good grades on the end of year exams.
(b) Keeping his friends safe and out of significant trouble.
(c) For Harry to continue mastering his Occlumency lessons.
(d) To watch out for Umbridge because she is in league with Fudge.
10. What causes McGonagall to fight with Umbridge during Harry's career counseling session?
(a) Umbridge states that Harry can never become an Auror.
(b) Umbridge keeps threatening Harry with expulsion.
(c) Umbridge insults McGonagall's counseling abilities.
(d) McGonagall is sick of having someone look over her shoulder.
11. What happens when Snape learns Harry has still been having the dreams about the hallway?
(a) He reports Harry's dreams to Dumbledore.
(b) He refuses to teach Harry any further since Harry won't apply what he's learning.
(c) He tells Harry he's a hopeless student that will never learn Occlumency.
(d) He intensifies the training and Harry accidentally invades Snape's memories.
12. What is Firenze's opinion of the human approach to Divination?
(a) Humans concern themselves with trivial details when looking at the future.
(b) Humans are meddling with forces they can't understand and should stop.
(c) Humans are far more advanced than centaurs.
(d) Humans are on the right track but too short-sighted.
13. What is the favor Hagrid needs the children to do for him?
(a) Watch over his brother Grawp.
(b) Maintain the truce with the centaurs.
(c) Tend the Thestrils in the forest.
(d) Take a message to Trelawney.
14. Who does Hagrid save before escaping into the Forbidden Forest?
15. Why do the centaurs end up taking Umbridge away?
(a) Because the children explain that she's a bad person.
(b) Because she won't stop talking.
(c) Because they want to kill all adult humans.
(d) Because she attacks them with magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Harry and Cho when they first meet again after the holiday break?
2. What keeps Hermione and Harry from being attacked by the centaurs?
3. Why does Harry wish for death when Voldemort possesses him?
4. What do Fred and George announce when they publicly quit Hogwarts?
5. What character does Dumbledore choose to teach Harry Occlumency?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)