|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is put into Dumbledore's Pensieve before the first Occlumency lesson?
(a) A drop of gryphon blood.
(b) Some of Snape's memories.
(c) Harry's memories of his family.
(d) A family portrait of the Weasleys.
2. What happens to the orb after Harry gives it to Neville?
(a) Neville shatters it against a wall so no one can get it.
(b) It slips out of Neville's pocket and shatters.
(c) Neville takes it and flees the Ministry.
(d) Bellatrix Lestrange attacks Neville and takes it.
3. What attracts the Thestrals to Harry and Hermione after their encounter with the centaurs?
(a) People that can see them.
(b) The magical after-effects of violence.
(c) The smell of the blood.
(d) The noise of the centaurs' hooves.
4. What do Fred and George as a reaction to Umbridge's new position?
(a) Set snakes loose in Umbridge's bed.
(b) Poison the drinking fountain in Slytherin house with a vomit-inducing liquid.
(c) Break into Umbridge's office.
(d) Release fireworks all over the school.
5. What does Dumbledore do to get Harry out of trouble?
(a) Helps Harry escape through the secret tunnel in his office.
(b) Casts a forgetting spell on everyone in the room.
(c) Claims he created the D.A. and is trying to overthrow Minister Fudge.
(d) Threatens Fudge with a secret that Fudge doesn't want revealed to the wizarding world.
6. What does Harry discover when he goes to the infirmary to tell McGonagall about his dream?
(a) McGonagall has been fired.
(b) She has been transferred to the hospital.
(c) Umbridge has restricted visitors for McGonagall.
(d) Visiting hours are over and there is a large dog guarding the hallway.
7. What character does Dumbledore choose to teach Harry Occlumency?
(a) Professor McGonagall.
(b) Sirius Black.
(c) Professor Snape.
(d) Mrs. Weasley.
8. What does Ron find in the room?
(a) An orb with both Harry's and the Dark Lord's names on it.
(b) The newest Nimbus model broomstick.
(c) A wand that flies straight off the shelf and into his hand.
(d) A genie lamp that can grant wishes.
9. What happens when Umbridge learns of the newspaper article about Harry's encounter with Voldemort?
(a) She tries to expel Harry from Hogwarts but is stopped by Dumbledore.
(b) She vows to make the newspaper reprint the article with the "truth" about Harry's lies.
(c) She flies into a rage and forbids him from any future outings to Hogsmeade.
(d) She assigns Harry to another two months of detention.
10. Who does Hagrid save before escaping into the Forbidden Forest?
11. What two teachers are being targeted for dismissal by Umbridge?
(a) Hagrid and Trelawney.
(b) Dumbledore and Snape.
(c) Trelawney and McGonagall.
(d) Snape and McGonagall.
12. Why is Harry determined to speak with Sirius after spying on Snape's memories?
(a) He would like to find out if his father was always like that.
(b) He wants to yell at Sirius for being a jerk.
(c) He needs Sirius' perspective on what really happened.
(d) He's concerned that his mother seemed to hate his father.
13. Who does Harry learn betrayed the D.A. to Umbridge?
(a) Ginny Weasley.
(b) Neville Longbottom.
(c) Draco Malfoy.
(d) Marietta Edgecomb.
14. What is shocking about Harry's fight with Lestrange?
(a) She won't fight him because they're related.
(b) How easily she defeats him.
(c) He uses a forbidden torture curse on her.
(d) She is too afraid to cast spells at Harry.
15. What happens to Umbridge when she returns to Hogwarts?
(a) She is interrogated by Dumbledore and then finally set free.
(b) She is jeered out of the castle by the ghosts and students.
(c) She is forced to endure one of her own twisted detentions.
(d) She apologizes to the students and is forgiven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the centaurs end up taking Umbridge away?
2. What keeps Voldemort from killing Harry with his death spell?
3. How does the Gryffindor Quidditch team fare in their first match with new players?
4. What does Harry find that he'd forgotten Sirius gave to him?
5. What does Hagrid tell Hermione and Ron he suspects will happen to him shortly after the Quidditch Cup?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)