|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Harry wait for news after sending his letters?
(a) One week.
(b) Three days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Six days.
2. What happens when Dumbledore looks Harry in the face for the first time since the hearing?
(a) Voldemort takes control of Harry and he attacks Dumbledore.
(b) Harry yells at Dumbledore for ignoring him all this time.
(c) Harry is overwhelmed by the desire to attack him and nearly loses control.
(d) Harry breaks down and cries because he has missed his mentor.
3. Why does Sirius end up escorting Ron, Harry and Hermione to the train station?
(a) He wants an opportunity to stretch his legs after being cooped up inside.
(b) The assigned guard fails to report for duty.
(c) He wants an opportunity to rebel against Mrs. Weasley and all her rules.
(d) Threats against Harry's life have been received at Hogwarts.
4. What do Sirius and Mrs. Weasley argue about in Chapter Five?
(a) Whether Harry should be given more information about Voldemort.
(b) Whether Sirius should be allowed to leave the Order's Headquarters.
(c) Whether Harry should attend Hogwarts the coming year.
(d) Whether Harry is old enough to stay up with the adults.
5. What does the Sorting Hat do in Chapter 11 that is unusual?
(a) Makes a political announcement demanding the freedom of elves.
(b) Sings a song about an impending threat to the school.
(c) Sorts nearly all the first-years into Gryffindor House so they'll fight Voldemort.
(d) Refuses to sort a student because he is a mudblood.
6. What seems strange about Harry facing the Wizengamot?
(a) The Wizengamot has not been convened in over 100 years.
(b) Underage magic would usually only merit a small disciplinary hearing.
(c) Several of them are convicted Death Eaters.
(d) They're all taking photos of him throughout the hearing.
7. Why do Harry and friends advise Sirius against coming to visit them disguised as a black dog?
(a) Because Harry is embarrassed that Malfoy is a prefect and he is not.
(b) Because Professor Umbridge has spectacles that can see through disguises.
(c) Because they believe Malfoy can see through the disguise.
(d) Harry wants his godfather to stop constantly looking over his shoulder.
8. Who is appointed the new Gryffindor Quidditch seeker before Christmas break?
(a) Cho Chang.
(b) Draco Malfoy.
(c) Fred Weasley.
(d) Ginny Weasley.
9. What causes Harry and George to attack Draco Malfoy after the first Quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor?
(a) Because they think no one is looking and they won't be caught.
(b) Because he cheated during the match.
(c) Because he is insulting their families.
(d) Because he hit an illegal Bludger at Harry after the match.
10. Where does Harry have to travel in Chapter 7?
(c) The Ministry of Magic.
11. Why does Harry arrive late to his hearing?
(a) He gets up late in the morning.
(b) The shrinking door will not allow them to enter.
(c) The time and location are changed without notice.
(d) They have to run from dementors.
12. What macabre punishment does Umbridge assign to Harry as part of his detention?
(a) To clean the floors of Umbridge's classroom with a cleaner that causes his skin to break out in boils.
(b) To torment house elves by taunting them with articles of clothing that they cannot have.
(c) To write "I must not tell lies" with an enchanted pen that carves the words into his flesh.
(d) To write "I am a foul liar" on every blackboard at Hogwarts.
13. What accusation from Filch does Cho defend Harry against?
(a) That he was buying Dungbombs.
(b) Sneaking into the girls' dormitory.
(c) Cheating in Potions.
(d) Sneaking into Hogsmeade.
14. Why is the Gryffindor Quidditch practice cancelled?
(a) Because Ron injures another teammate.
(b) Because the team has not been given permission to reform.
(c) Because Umbridge has forbidden all sporting activities during the academic week.
(d) Because dementors have been spotted lurking around Hogwarts.
15. What travel method was used to escort Harry from the Dursleys' home to the Order of the Phoenix?
(c) Floo Powder.
(d) Magic Car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Harry's friends neglect to respond to his letters?
2. What name do the children choose for the new club teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts?
3. Why is Sirius the happiest Harry has ever seen during the holidays?
4. At the last D.A. meeting before the holidays, why does Cho break down while talking to Harry?
5. What explanation does Hagrid give for his extended absence?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)