|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harry is surprised by the number of students that come to the first meeting; how many showed up?
(a) Forty-one students.
(b) Seventeen students.
(c) Thirty-two students.
(d) Twenty-five students.
2. Where does Hermione come up with the plan to alert Dumbledore's Army members of their meeting schedule?
(a) By studying the gnomes of Little Whinging.
(b) By asking Professor Umbridge for guidance.
(c) By following a system Vodlemort uses to call his Death Eaters.
(d) By reading ancient Gryffindor texts concealed in the Room of Requirement.
3. Why does Harry get into a fight with Seamus Finnigan?
(a) Harry wants a room to himself because of his nightmares.
(b) Seamus calls Harry a murderer and a thief.
(c) Seamus decides to go out for Gryffindor seeker to try to upstage Harry.
(d) Seamus' mother believes the nasty things that have been written about Harry and Dumbledore.
4. Where does the action of Chapter 1 take place?
(c) Little Whinging.
5. What was Ms. Figg assigned to do in Little Whinging?
(a) Spy on Harry for Lord Voldemort and the Death Eaters.
(b) Study muggle behavior for the Ministry of Magic.
(c) Make sure the Dursleys treated Harry well.
(d) Watch over Harry and prevent him from doing magic.
6. Harry is dismayed to learn that which other Hogwarts student was made a prefect?
(a) Draco Malfoy.
(b) Moaning Myrtle.
(c) Vincent Crabbe.
(d) Gregory Goyle.
7. Why is the current leader of the giants of great concern to Dumbledore?
(a) Because he is not a pure-blooded giant.
(b) Because the leader has been recruited by Voldemort.
(c) Because he is overwhelmingly easy to trick.
(d) Because he passionately hates all wizards.
8. Why does Hermione begin to question whether it's a good idea to meet in their secret club?
(a) Because Sirius thinks it's a good idea.
(b) Because she doesn't want to be repsonsible for getting the others into trouble.
(c) Because she dislikes breaking rules.
(d) Because Harry has been behaving unreliably.
9. What change does the Educational Decree Number Twenty-four enact?
(a) Dissolves the House Cup competition for the remainder of the school year.
(b) Institutes an 8pm curfew for all students.
(c) Announces that all teachers are now on probation pending further review.
(d) Disbands all student clubs, teams and organizations.
10. Why are the children forced to wait for news, rather than being allowed to rush straight to the hospital to see Mr. Weasley?
(a) Because it's too dangerous for Harry to go out in public.
(b) So that no one will suspect anything about why they already know about the attack.
(c) Mrs. Weasley wants to focus on her husband rather than worry about her family's safety.
(d) So that if he dies at the hospital, they aren't traumatized.
11. What special device do Harry and Mr. Weasley use to enter the building for Harry's disciplinary hearing?
(a) A magical "broken" phone booth.
(b) Floo powder.
(c) A shrinking door.
(d) The newest Nimbus broomstick.
12. How long does Harry wait for news after sending his letters?
(a) Three days.
(b) Four days.
(c) One week.
(d) Six days.
13. Why did Percy have a falling out with his parents?
(a) He wants to marry a muggle and give up magic.
(b) Due to his promotion within the Ministry of Magic.
(c) He turned in his brother for illegal dragon smuggling.
(d) He doesn't want to be associated with such a poor family.
14. To whom does Harry write letters at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Ron, Hermione, and Sirius.
(b) Hermione, Sirius and Dumbledore.
(c) Dumbledore, Hagrid and Hermione.
(d) Ron, Dumbledore and Hagrid.
15. Why is Dobby wearing so many clothes when he sees Harry in Chapter 18?
(a) Because the house elves' quarters are not heated.
(b) To express his delight in his own freedom from slavery.
(c) Because Umbridge is forcing the house elves to sleep outside.
(d) Because the other house elves are offended by what Hermione is doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Black family's beliefs differ from those of Sirius?
2. What explanation does Hagrid give for his extended absence?
3. What space does Harry discover that is perfect for D.A. meetings?
4. Why is the Gryffindor Quidditch practice cancelled?
5. Why is Sirius the happiest Harry has ever seen during the holidays?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)