|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hagrid learn about his mother on his trip?
(a) She died several years earlier.
(b) She became leader of the giants.
(c) She tried for years to find him to reconcile their relationship.
(d) She remarried and had two other children.
2. What macabre punishment does Umbridge assign to Harry as part of his detention?
(a) To write "I am a foul liar" on every blackboard at Hogwarts.
(b) To clean the floors of Umbridge's classroom with a cleaner that causes his skin to break out in boils.
(c) To write "I must not tell lies" with an enchanted pen that carves the words into his flesh.
(d) To torment house elves by taunting them with articles of clothing that they cannot have.
3. Why is Dobby wearing so many clothes when he sees Harry in Chapter 18?
(a) Because Umbridge is forcing the house elves to sleep outside.
(b) To express his delight in his own freedom from slavery.
(c) Because the house elves' quarters are not heated.
(d) Because the other house elves are offended by what Hermione is doing.
4. Why does Hermione begin to question whether it's a good idea to meet in their secret club?
(a) Because she doesn't want to be repsonsible for getting the others into trouble.
(b) Because Harry has been behaving unreliably.
(c) Because Sirius thinks it's a good idea.
(d) Because she dislikes breaking rules.
5. What post is Professor Umbridge appointed to by the Ministry of Magic?
(a) Divination Professor.
(b) Headmistress of Hogwarts.
(c) Hogwarts' High Inquisitor.
(d) Assistant Minister of Magic.
6. What does McGonagall tell Harry to watch out for?
(a) There are rumors about his club and he should be careful to keep it secret.
(b) Umbridge is going to try to get him expelled from Hogwarts.
(c) The centaurs in the Forbidden Forest are rebelling and may attack at any moment.
(d) That communications going in and out of Hogwarts may be monitored.
7. Why is Sirius the happiest Harry has ever seen during the holidays?
(a) Because he has a house full of friends.
(b) Because he is able to go out in public without fear of being caught.
(c) Because he learns he will be offered a full pardon by the Ministry.
(d) Because he missed spending time with Harry.
8. What do Harry and friends see in the flames while speaking with Sirius that alarms them?
(a) Umbridge's hand reaching out to grab Sirius' head.
(b) Sirius attacked from behind before he disappears.
(c) Voldemort in the background of the flames spying on their conversation.
(d) A vision of Sirius' home collapsing in on itself.
9. Just before leaving for the holidays, who does Harry dream is attacked by a giant snake?
(a) Arthur Weasley.
(b) Aunt Petunia.
(c) Professor Snape.
(d) Mrs. Weasley.
10. What do Sirius and Mrs. Weasley argue about in Chapter Five?
(a) Whether Harry is old enough to stay up with the adults.
(b) Whether Harry should attend Hogwarts the coming year.
(c) Whether Sirius should be allowed to leave the Order's Headquarters.
(d) Whether Harry should be given more information about Voldemort.
11. Why is it difficult for Harry to summon his Patronus Charm?
(a) Because his wand is broken.
(b) Because he doesn't want to save his cousin.
(c) Because he doesn't study enough.
(d) Because he is so sad.
12. Where are the children sent to wait for more news about Mr. Weasley's condition after his attack?
(a) A safehouse in Hogsmeade.
(b) Diagon Alley.
(c) Sirius' house.
(d) Little Whinging.
13. To whom does Harry write letters at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Ron, Dumbledore and Hagrid.
(b) Dumbledore, Hagrid and Hermione.
(c) Hermione, Sirius and Dumbledore.
(d) Ron, Hermione, and Sirius.
14. What person was in disguise watching the children during their first meeting of Dumbledore's Army?
(a) Professor McGonagall.
(b) Mrs. Figg.
(c) Mundungus Fletcher.
15. What does Harry do to earn another week of detention with Professor Umbridge?
(a) Fails to complete any of his assignments because his hand hurts too much.
(b) Argues that Minister Fudge is under Voldemort's control.
(c) Protests a demerit of five points from Gryffindor House.
(d) Gets into a fist fight with Draco Malfoy over Sirius' whereabouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two characters witnessed Harry's Patronus Charm?
2. What is the correct address for Chapter Four's location?
3. What prevents Hagrid from making good progress towards achieving his mission?
4. What favor does Hermione ask Harry to do for the Hogwarts students?
5. What suspicious character is Minister Fudge talking to when Harry leaves his hearing?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)