|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change does the Educational Decree Number Twenty-four enact?
(a) Dissolves the House Cup competition for the remainder of the school year.
(b) Institutes an 8pm curfew for all students.
(c) Announces that all teachers are now on probation pending further review.
(d) Disbands all student clubs, teams and organizations.
2. The Order of the Phoenix Headquarters are housed in the ancestral home of which character?
(a) Severus Snape.
(b) Sirius Black.
(c) Mrs. Weasley.
(d) Mundungus Fletcher.
3. In Hagrid's first lesson, what kind of creature does he show the children in the Forbidden Forest?
4. What one piece of good news do the main characters learn after being fiercely disciplined for attacking Malfoy?
(a) Umbridge has been fired.
(b) Sirius has been pardoned for his crimes.
(c) Hagrid has returned.
(d) The Weasleys have won the lottery.
5. What person was in disguise watching the children during their first meeting of Dumbledore's Army?
(a) Mundungus Fletcher.
(b) Professor McGonagall.
(c) Mrs. Figg.
6. What do members of the Slytherin House do during the match that fiercely demoralizes Ron?
(a) Cast spells at Ron while the referees are not looking.
(b) Sing a song during the match about how bad Ron is at Quidditch.
(c) Dress up as Death Eaters.
(d) Create an illusion that makes it appear as though there are no spectators cheering for Gryffindor.
7. What happens when McGonagall tries to discipline Harry and George for their poor sportsmanship?
(a) She is interrupted by an attacking troll.
(b) They use Floo Powder and travel to the Order for help.
(c) Dumbledore grants them a pardon.
(d) Umbridge comes in and takes over.
8. In Chapter 13, what secret of Ron's does Harry learn?
(a) That Ron is thinking of leaving Hogwarts to pursue professional football.
(b) Ron has been cheating in Occlumency.
(c) Ron is secretly in love with Hermione.
(d) Ron has secretly been practicing to become the new Gryffindor Seeker.
9. What special device do Harry and Mr. Weasley use to enter the building for Harry's disciplinary hearing?
(a) Floo powder.
(b) The newest Nimbus broomstick.
(c) A magical "broken" phone booth.
(d) A shrinking door.
10. What Ministry employee has been sent to Hogwarts as the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?
(a) Mr. Weasley.
(b) Cornelius Fudge.
(c) Dolores Umbridge.
(d) Percy Weasley.
11. Why is Harry secretly upset in Chapter 9?
(a) Ron and Hermione are named Gryffindor prefects.
(b) He has fallen in love with Hermione.
(c) He doesn't want to be the "chosen one" any longer.
(d) Sirius isn't spending enough time with him.
12. Why does Hermione begin to question whether it's a good idea to meet in their secret club?
(a) Because she dislikes breaking rules.
(b) Because she doesn't want to be repsonsible for getting the others into trouble.
(c) Because Harry has been behaving unreliably.
(d) Because Sirius thinks it's a good idea.
13. Why is the Gryffindor Quidditch practice cancelled?
(a) Because Umbridge has forbidden all sporting activities during the academic week.
(b) Because the team has not been given permission to reform.
(c) Because Ron injures another teammate.
(d) Because dementors have been spotted lurking around Hogwarts.
14. What do the members of the Order realize while exchanging gifts?
(a) That Kreacher has been absent for some time.
(b) That Hermione doesn't celebrate Christmas and is offended by the holiday.
(c) That Mrs. Weasley has knit socks instead of sweaters.
(d) That Harry has bought them each overpriced gifts to alleviate his sense of guilt.
15. Why is the current leader of the giants of great concern to Dumbledore?
(a) Because he is not a pure-blooded giant.
(b) Because he passionately hates all wizards.
(c) Because the leader has been recruited by Voldemort.
(d) Because he is overwhelmingly easy to trick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Harry wait for news after sending his letters?
2. Harry is dismayed to learn that which other Hogwarts student was made a prefect?
3. Why does Ginny chastise Harry when they sit down to eat over the holidays?
4. Why is Sirius the happiest Harry has ever seen during the holidays?
5. Harry is surprised by the number of students that come to the first meeting; how many showed up?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)