|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the holiday break, what does Harry want to do to ensure the safety of his friends?
(a) Begin studying the Dark Arts so that he'll be in a better position to fight Voldemort.
(b) Give himself up to Voldemort so he'll stop attacking Harry's friends.
(c) Return to the Dursley household for the holiday.
(d) Set up reinforcements at the Order headquarters.
2. Why doesn't Harry end up sitting with Ron and Hermione on the train?
(a) Luna Lovegood corners him to speak privately about occlumency.
(b) They have to go to the prefects' car for instructions.
(c) He wants to spend some time alone planning for the coming year.
(d) They have a quarrel while boarding and leave him by himself.
3. Why is Minister Fudge trying to undermine Dumbledore in the wizarding community?
(a) They are old rivals from when they attended Hogwarts together.
(b) He is secretly a Death Eater in Lucius Malfoy's employ.
(c) He wants greater control at Hogwarts to influence the students.
(d) He is afraid Dumbledore will try to overthrow him.
4. What accusation from Filch does Cho defend Harry against?
(a) Sneaking into Hogsmeade.
(b) That he was buying Dungbombs.
(c) Sneaking into the girls' dormitory.
(d) Cheating in Potions.
5. What makes Aunt Petunia decide Harry must be allowed to stay?
(a) A visit from Hagrid.
(b) A formal request from the Ministry of Magic.
(c) A Howler which says "Remember my last, Petunia".
(d) An owl from Dumbledore reminding her why Harry's mother died.
6. Why does Mrs. Weasley shout at her husband while visiting him in the hospital?
(a) He has been experimenting with the Dark Arts to better protect his family.
(b) Because he is trying to sneak out of the hospital to protect his family.
(c) He has been eating food not on the hospital's approved diet menu.
(d) Because he accepted Muggle-style stitches to try to make his wound heal faster.
7. Harry is surprised by the number of students that come to the first meeting; how many showed up?
(a) Forty-one students.
(b) Seventeen students.
(c) Twenty-five students.
(d) Thirty-two students.
8. What does Umbridge taunt Snape about when she sits in on his Potions class?
(a) His having been passed over for the Defense Against the Darks Arts position several times.
(b) He has a sister imprisoned at Azkaban.
(c) She thinks potions are ineffectual and not "real magic".
(d) That he was not a particularly talented student when he attended Hogwarts.
9. How long does Harry wait for news after sending his letters?
(a) Three days.
(b) Six days.
(c) One week.
(d) Four days.
10. Where does Harry have to travel in Chapter 7?
(b) The Ministry of Magic.
11. In Hagrid's first lesson, what kind of creature does he show the children in the Forbidden Forest?
12. What do Harry and friends see in the flames while speaking with Sirius that alarms them?
(a) A vision of Sirius' home collapsing in on itself.
(b) Voldemort in the background of the flames spying on their conversation.
(c) Umbridge's hand reaching out to grab Sirius' head.
(d) Sirius attacked from behind before he disappears.
13. What does the boggart reveal about Mrs. Weasley?
(a) She was Lily Potter's best friend and misses her terribly.
(b) She is worried her family will die fighting Voldemort.
(c) She is acting as a spy under Voldemort's influence.
(d) Her children are not all biologically hers.
14. Why does Harry get into a fight with Seamus Finnigan?
(a) Seamus' mother believes the nasty things that have been written about Harry and Dumbledore.
(b) Harry wants a room to himself because of his nightmares.
(c) Seamus decides to go out for Gryffindor seeker to try to upstage Harry.
(d) Seamus calls Harry a murderer and a thief.
15. What one piece of good news do the main characters learn after being fiercely disciplined for attacking Malfoy?
(a) Hagrid has returned.
(b) Umbridge has been fired.
(c) Sirius has been pardoned for his crimes.
(d) The Weasleys have won the lottery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ms. Figg assigned to do in Little Whinging?
2. What does the Sorting Hat do in Chapter 11 that is unusual?
3. At the end of Chapter Six, what dampens Harry's mood?
4. What does Harry do to earn another week of detention with Professor Umbridge?
5. What suspicious character is Minister Fudge talking to when Harry leaves his hearing?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)