|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Weasley tell the children about his attack?
(a) That his wand was broken while defending himself.
(b) He absolutely refuses to give them any details.
(c) That he was bitten by a giant snake.
(d) That Death Eaters were chasing him and he fell down a flight of stairs.
2. How long does Harry wait for news after sending his letters?
(a) Three days.
(b) Six days.
(c) One week.
(d) Four days.
3. What do the members of the Order realize while exchanging gifts?
(a) That Harry has bought them each overpriced gifts to alleviate his sense of guilt.
(b) That Kreacher has been absent for some time.
(c) That Hermione doesn't celebrate Christmas and is offended by the holiday.
(d) That Mrs. Weasley has knit socks instead of sweaters.
4. Why does Mrs. Weasley shout at her husband while visiting him in the hospital?
(a) He has been experimenting with the Dark Arts to better protect his family.
(b) Because he is trying to sneak out of the hospital to protect his family.
(c) He has been eating food not on the hospital's approved diet menu.
(d) Because he accepted Muggle-style stitches to try to make his wound heal faster.
5. Why does Hagrid choose to ignore Hermione's advice about changing his curriculum?
(a) Because he's not smart enough to write new lesson plans.
(b) Because he is certain his lessons are more interesting than other teachers' might be.
(c) Because Dumbledore told him not to concern himself with Umbridge.
(d) Because Hermione always worries about trivial things.
6. Why does Harry fight with Professor Umbridge during the Defense Against the Dark Arts class?
(a) Because Harry believes Voldemort has returned.
(b) Because Umbridge doesn't think house elfs should have citizen rights.
(c) That Umbridge voted against Harry during his hearing.
(d) Harry doesn't like the textbook she has chosen for the class.
7. What does McGonagall tell Harry to watch out for?
(a) The centaurs in the Forbidden Forest are rebelling and may attack at any moment.
(b) That communications going in and out of Hogwarts may be monitored.
(c) There are rumors about his club and he should be careful to keep it secret.
(d) Umbridge is going to try to get him expelled from Hogwarts.
8. At the end of Chapter Six, what dampens Harry's mood?
(a) The realization that he has a hearing at the Ministry of Magic the next day.
(b) Memories of how his parents were killed.
(c) Hearing that Quidditch was cancelled for the coming school year.
(d) A message from Hagrid about the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.
9. Why is Sirius the happiest Harry has ever seen during the holidays?
(a) Because he has a house full of friends.
(b) Because he is able to go out in public without fear of being caught.
(c) Because he learns he will be offered a full pardon by the Ministry.
(d) Because he missed spending time with Harry.
10. Where does the action of Chapter 1 take place?
(c) Little Whinging.
11. What name do the children choose for the new club teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts?
(a) Harry's Heroes.
(b) The Patronus Group.
(c) Hogwarts' Champions.
(d) Dumbledore's Army.
12. What macabre punishment does Umbridge assign to Harry as part of his detention?
(a) To torment house elves by taunting them with articles of clothing that they cannot have.
(b) To write "I must not tell lies" with an enchanted pen that carves the words into his flesh.
(c) To write "I am a foul liar" on every blackboard at Hogwarts.
(d) To clean the floors of Umbridge's classroom with a cleaner that causes his skin to break out in boils.
13. Where does Hermione come up with the plan to alert Dumbledore's Army members of their meeting schedule?
(a) By reading ancient Gryffindor texts concealed in the Room of Requirement.
(b) By following a system Vodlemort uses to call his Death Eaters.
(c) By asking Professor Umbridge for guidance.
(d) By studying the gnomes of Little Whinging.
14. What is the correct address for Chapter Four's location?
(a) Number Twelve, Knockturn Alley.
(b) Number Eleven, Wizarding Row.
(c) Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place.
(d) Number Thirteen, Diagon Alley.
15. Why is the current leader of the giants of great concern to Dumbledore?
(a) Because he passionately hates all wizards.
(b) Because the leader has been recruited by Voldemort.
(c) Because he is not a pure-blooded giant.
(d) Because he is overwhelmingly easy to trick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two characters witnessed Harry's Patronus Charm?
2. Why is the Gryffindor Quidditch practice cancelled?
3. Why does Sirius end up escorting Ron, Harry and Hermione to the train station?
4. In Hagrid's first lesson, what kind of creature does he show the children in the Forbidden Forest?
5. What post is Professor Umbridge appointed to by the Ministry of Magic?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)