|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sorting Hat do in Chapter 11 that is unusual?
(a) Refuses to sort a student because he is a mudblood.
(b) Sorts nearly all the first-years into Gryffindor House so they'll fight Voldemort.
(c) Makes a political announcement demanding the freedom of elves.
(d) Sings a song about an impending threat to the school.
2. After learning of the attack on Mr. Weasley, why does Dumbledore send former Headmaster paintings to search for him?
(a) Because the paintings can appear in any frame that bears their name.
(b) Because he is too afraid of Voldemort to go look himself.
(c) Because it doesn't matter if something attacks a painting since they're already dead.
(d) Because the paintings are more trustworthy than the Order of the Phoenix.
3. What causes Harry and George to attack Draco Malfoy after the first Quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor?
(a) Because he is insulting their families.
(b) Because they think no one is looking and they won't be caught.
(c) Because he cheated during the match.
(d) Because he hit an illegal Bludger at Harry after the match.
4. What final cautionary advice does Hermione give Hagrid before leaving?
(a) Umbridge will not like him if she learns he is part-giant.
(b) Be careful at the Hog's Head Tavern because there are spies there.
(c) A new type of creature rumored to be lurking in the Forbidden Forest may be dangerous.
(d) To tone down his lessons because Umbridge may not approve of his curriculum.
5. What person was in disguise watching the children during their first meeting of Dumbledore's Army?
(a) Professor McGonagall.
(c) Mundungus Fletcher.
(d) Mrs. Figg.
6. Why is the current leader of the giants of great concern to Dumbledore?
(a) Because he is overwhelmingly easy to trick.
(b) Because the leader has been recruited by Voldemort.
(c) Because he is not a pure-blooded giant.
(d) Because he passionately hates all wizards.
7. Harry is dismayed to learn that which other Hogwarts student was made a prefect?
(a) Gregory Goyle.
(b) Vincent Crabbe.
(c) Draco Malfoy.
(d) Moaning Myrtle.
8. What disturbing information do the children learn by eavesdropping on the adults at the hospital?
(a) That Harry may be in danger of being possessed by Voldemort.
(b) That Sirius has been in league with the Death Eaters.
(c) That Umbridge is actually a member of the Order of the Phoenix.
(d) That Voldemort is planning to stage an attack on Hogwarts.
9. Where are the children sent to wait for more news about Mr. Weasley's condition after his attack?
(a) Little Whinging.
(b) A safehouse in Hogsmeade.
(c) Diagon Alley.
(d) Sirius' house.
10. Why is Dobby wearing so many clothes when he sees Harry in Chapter 18?
(a) Because the other house elves are offended by what Hermione is doing.
(b) Because the house elves' quarters are not heated.
(c) To express his delight in his own freedom from slavery.
(d) Because Umbridge is forcing the house elves to sleep outside.
11. What one piece of good news do the main characters learn after being fiercely disciplined for attacking Malfoy?
(a) Umbridge has been fired.
(b) Sirius has been pardoned for his crimes.
(c) The Weasleys have won the lottery.
(d) Hagrid has returned.
12. In Chapter 13, what secret of Ron's does Harry learn?
(a) Ron has secretly been practicing to become the new Gryffindor Seeker.
(b) Ron has been cheating in Occlumency.
(c) That Ron is thinking of leaving Hogwarts to pursue professional football.
(d) Ron is secretly in love with Hermione.
13. What change does the Educational Decree Number Twenty-four enact?
(a) Dissolves the House Cup competition for the remainder of the school year.
(b) Announces that all teachers are now on probation pending further review.
(c) Institutes an 8pm curfew for all students.
(d) Disbands all student clubs, teams and organizations.
14. What does McGonagall tell Harry to watch out for?
(a) That communications going in and out of Hogwarts may be monitored.
(b) Umbridge is going to try to get him expelled from Hogwarts.
(c) The centaurs in the Forbidden Forest are rebelling and may attack at any moment.
(d) There are rumors about his club and he should be careful to keep it secret.
15. What explanation does Hagrid give for his extended absence?
(a) He was visiting the mountains to make sure Norbert was well cared for.
(b) He was gone because he was poisoned by a large spider over the summer and needed time to recover.
(c) He was on vacation with his new love, Madame Maxime.
(d) He was in the mountains speaking to the giants for Dumbledore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suspicious character is Minister Fudge talking to when Harry leaves his hearing?
2. What makes Aunt Petunia decide Harry must be allowed to stay?
3. Why does Hermione begin to question whether it's a good idea to meet in their secret club?
4. Why does Harry get into a fight with Seamus Finnigan?
5. What does the boggart reveal about Mrs. Weasley?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)