|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Percy have a falling out with his parents?
(a) Due to his promotion within the Ministry of Magic.
(b) He wants to marry a muggle and give up magic.
(c) He doesn't want to be associated with such a poor family.
(d) He turned in his brother for illegal dragon smuggling.
2. Where are the children sent to wait for more news about Mr. Weasley's condition after his attack?
(a) Sirius' house.
(b) Little Whinging.
(c) Diagon Alley.
(d) A safehouse in Hogsmeade.
3. Why is Dobby wearing so many clothes when he sees Harry in Chapter 18?
(a) Because the house elves' quarters are not heated.
(b) Because Umbridge is forcing the house elves to sleep outside.
(c) Because the other house elves are offended by what Hermione is doing.
(d) To express his delight in his own freedom from slavery.
4. Why does Hermione begin to question whether it's a good idea to meet in their secret club?
(a) Because Harry has been behaving unreliably.
(b) Because Sirius thinks it's a good idea.
(c) Because she dislikes breaking rules.
(d) Because she doesn't want to be repsonsible for getting the others into trouble.
5. What seems strange about Harry facing the Wizengamot?
(a) Underage magic would usually only merit a small disciplinary hearing.
(b) The Wizengamot has not been convened in over 100 years.
(c) They're all taking photos of him throughout the hearing.
(d) Several of them are convicted Death Eaters.
6. Why did Harry's friends neglect to respond to his letters?
(a) Dumbledore was worried their messages would be intercepted.
(b) The Dursleys stole the letters that Hedwig was bringing back to Harry.
(c) They were tired of him whining about his problems and wanted a break.
(d) Hedwig wasn't able to deliver Harry's letters because of the Ministry of Magic.
7. At the last D.A. meeting before the holidays, why does Cho break down while talking to Harry?
(a) Because she is so sad that Harry doesn't have a family to go home to.
(b) She learned that Umbridge is thinking of expelling her from Hogwarts.
(c) Because of her previous boyfriend's death.
(d) She had a vision something horrible would happen when they return after break.
8. What explanation does Hagrid give for his extended absence?
(a) He was gone because he was poisoned by a large spider over the summer and needed time to recover.
(b) He was visiting the mountains to make sure Norbert was well cared for.
(c) He was on vacation with his new love, Madame Maxime.
(d) He was in the mountains speaking to the giants for Dumbledore.
9. What happens when Dumbledore looks Harry in the face for the first time since the hearing?
(a) Voldemort takes control of Harry and he attacks Dumbledore.
(b) Harry breaks down and cries because he has missed his mentor.
(c) Harry yells at Dumbledore for ignoring him all this time.
(d) Harry is overwhelmed by the desire to attack him and nearly loses control.
10. What character awakens Harry from his dream about the long corridor?
11. What cuts short the children's first visit with Hagrid after his return to Hogwarts?
(a) Hagrid is exhausted and needs to sleep.
(b) Dumbledore's arrival.
(c) Hagrid succumbs to his injuries.
(d) Umbridge's arrival.
12. What one piece of good news do the main characters learn after being fiercely disciplined for attacking Malfoy?
(a) Umbridge has been fired.
(b) Sirius has been pardoned for his crimes.
(c) Hagrid has returned.
(d) The Weasleys have won the lottery.
13. Why is Minister Fudge trying to undermine Dumbledore in the wizarding community?
(a) He is secretly a Death Eater in Lucius Malfoy's employ.
(b) He is afraid Dumbledore will try to overthrow him.
(c) He wants greater control at Hogwarts to influence the students.
(d) They are old rivals from when they attended Hogwarts together.
14. Why does Sirius end up escorting Ron, Harry and Hermione to the train station?
(a) He wants an opportunity to stretch his legs after being cooped up inside.
(b) He wants an opportunity to rebel against Mrs. Weasley and all her rules.
(c) Threats against Harry's life have been received at Hogwarts.
(d) The assigned guard fails to report for duty.
15. Where does Hermione come up with the plan to alert Dumbledore's Army members of their meeting schedule?
(a) By following a system Vodlemort uses to call his Death Eaters.
(b) By studying the gnomes of Little Whinging.
(c) By asking Professor Umbridge for guidance.
(d) By reading ancient Gryffindor texts concealed in the Room of Requirement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Aunt Petunia decide Harry must be allowed to stay?
2. Why are the children forced to wait for news, rather than being allowed to rush straight to the hospital to see Mr. Weasley?
3. In Hagrid's first lesson, what kind of creature does he show the children in the Forbidden Forest?
4. How long does Harry wait for news after sending his letters?
5. How many owls did Harry receive after returning home from the dementor attack?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)