|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hermione come up with the plan to alert Dumbledore's Army members of their meeting schedule?
(a) By studying the gnomes of Little Whinging.
(b) By asking Professor Umbridge for guidance.
(c) By following a system Vodlemort uses to call his Death Eaters.
(d) By reading ancient Gryffindor texts concealed in the Room of Requirement.
2. What causes Harry and George to attack Draco Malfoy after the first Quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor?
(a) Because he cheated during the match.
(b) Because they think no one is looking and they won't be caught.
(c) Because he hit an illegal Bludger at Harry after the match.
(d) Because he is insulting their families.
3. What does Umbridge taunt Snape about when she sits in on his Potions class?
(a) She thinks potions are ineffectual and not "real magic".
(b) He has a sister imprisoned at Azkaban.
(c) That he was not a particularly talented student when he attended Hogwarts.
(d) His having been passed over for the Defense Against the Darks Arts position several times.
4. Why did Harry's friends neglect to respond to his letters?
(a) Hedwig wasn't able to deliver Harry's letters because of the Ministry of Magic.
(b) The Dursleys stole the letters that Hedwig was bringing back to Harry.
(c) Dumbledore was worried their messages would be intercepted.
(d) They were tired of him whining about his problems and wanted a break.
5. What special device do Harry and Mr. Weasley use to enter the building for Harry's disciplinary hearing?
(a) A magical "broken" phone booth.
(b) A shrinking door.
(c) Floo powder.
(d) The newest Nimbus broomstick.
6. How many goals does the Gryffindor Quidditch team score in their first match of the season?
7. Why is Sirius the happiest Harry has ever seen during the holidays?
(a) Because he is able to go out in public without fear of being caught.
(b) Because he missed spending time with Harry.
(c) Because he learns he will be offered a full pardon by the Ministry.
(d) Because he has a house full of friends.
8. What favor does Hermione ask Harry to do for the Hogwarts students?
(a) Teach the students a different version of Defense Against the Dark Arts.
(b) Stop bragging all the time about his exploits.
(c) Get along with Umbridge so that Minister Fudge will be less suspicious of Dumbledore.
(d) Stop talking about Voldemort and scaring the students.
9. What post is Professor Umbridge appointed to by the Ministry of Magic?
(a) Assistant Minister of Magic.
(b) Hogwarts' High Inquisitor.
(c) Headmistress of Hogwarts.
(d) Divination Professor.
10. How long does Harry wait for news after sending his letters?
(a) Four days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Six days.
(d) One week.
11. What Ministry employee has been sent to Hogwarts as the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?
(a) Cornelius Fudge.
(b) Dolores Umbridge.
(c) Percy Weasley.
(d) Mr. Weasley.
12. In Chapter 13, what secret of Ron's does Harry learn?
(a) Ron has been cheating in Occlumency.
(b) That Ron is thinking of leaving Hogwarts to pursue professional football.
(c) Ron is secretly in love with Hermione.
(d) Ron has secretly been practicing to become the new Gryffindor Seeker.
13. Why did Percy have a falling out with his parents?
(a) Due to his promotion within the Ministry of Magic.
(b) He doesn't want to be associated with such a poor family.
(c) He turned in his brother for illegal dragon smuggling.
(d) He wants to marry a muggle and give up magic.
14. How did the Black family's beliefs differ from those of Sirius?
(a) They wanted Dumbledore to serve as the Minister of Magic.
(b) They were fervent supporters of the pure blood movement and dark wizards.
(c) They supported sending all mudbloods to Azkaban for life.
(d) They wanted all house elves to be freed from slavery.
15. What makes Aunt Petunia decide Harry must be allowed to stay?
(a) A Howler which says "Remember my last, Petunia".
(b) A formal request from the Ministry of Magic.
(c) A visit from Hagrid.
(d) An owl from Dumbledore reminding her why Harry's mother died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ginny chastise Harry when they sit down to eat over the holidays?
2. What one piece of good news do the main characters learn after being fiercely disciplined for attacking Malfoy?
3. Harry is dismayed to learn that which other Hogwarts student was made a prefect?
4. What does McGonagall tell Harry to watch out for?
5. At the last D.A. meeting before the holidays, why does Cho break down while talking to Harry?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)