|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what secret of Ron's does Harry learn?
(a) Ron has secretly been practicing to become the new Gryffindor Seeker.
(b) Ron is secretly in love with Hermione.
(c) That Ron is thinking of leaving Hogwarts to pursue professional football.
(d) Ron has been cheating in Occlumency.
2. In Hagrid's first lesson, what kind of creature does he show the children in the Forbidden Forest?
3. Where does Harry have to travel in Chapter 7?
(d) The Ministry of Magic.
4. The Order of the Phoenix Headquarters are housed in the ancestral home of which character?
(a) Sirius Black.
(b) Mundungus Fletcher.
(c) Mrs. Weasley.
(d) Severus Snape.
5. Why doesn't Harry end up sitting with Ron and Hermione on the train?
(a) They have a quarrel while boarding and leave him by himself.
(b) They have to go to the prefects' car for instructions.
(c) Luna Lovegood corners him to speak privately about occlumency.
(d) He wants to spend some time alone planning for the coming year.
6. What two characters witnessed Harry's Patronus Charm?
(a) Dudley and Ms. Figg.
(b) Dudley and Hermione.
(c) Aunt Petunia and Ms. Figg.
(d) Uncle Vernon and Dudley.
7. Why does Mrs. Weasley shout at her husband while visiting him in the hospital?
(a) He has been experimenting with the Dark Arts to better protect his family.
(b) Because he accepted Muggle-style stitches to try to make his wound heal faster.
(c) He has been eating food not on the hospital's approved diet menu.
(d) Because he is trying to sneak out of the hospital to protect his family.
8. Where does the action of Chapter 1 take place?
(d) Little Whinging.
9. Just before leaving for the holidays, who does Harry dream is attacked by a giant snake?
(a) Mrs. Weasley.
(b) Aunt Petunia.
(c) Professor Snape.
(d) Arthur Weasley.
10. What does Umbridge taunt Snape about when she sits in on his Potions class?
(a) He has a sister imprisoned at Azkaban.
(b) She thinks potions are ineffectual and not "real magic".
(c) His having been passed over for the Defense Against the Darks Arts position several times.
(d) That he was not a particularly talented student when he attended Hogwarts.
11. Harry is surprised by the number of students that come to the first meeting; how many showed up?
(a) Forty-one students.
(b) Seventeen students.
(c) Thirty-two students.
(d) Twenty-five students.
12. What special device do Harry and Mr. Weasley use to enter the building for Harry's disciplinary hearing?
(a) The newest Nimbus broomstick.
(b) Floo powder.
(c) A shrinking door.
(d) A magical "broken" phone booth.
13. What do Harry and friends see in the flames while speaking with Sirius that alarms them?
(a) Sirius attacked from behind before he disappears.
(b) A vision of Sirius' home collapsing in on itself.
(c) Umbridge's hand reaching out to grab Sirius' head.
(d) Voldemort in the background of the flames spying on their conversation.
14. At the end of Chapter Six, what dampens Harry's mood?
(a) Memories of how his parents were killed.
(b) Hearing that Quidditch was cancelled for the coming school year.
(c) A message from Hagrid about the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.
(d) The realization that he has a hearing at the Ministry of Magic the next day.
15. What does Mr. Weasley tell the children about his attack?
(a) That he was bitten by a giant snake.
(b) That Death Eaters were chasing him and he fell down a flight of stairs.
(c) That his wand was broken while defending himself.
(d) He absolutely refuses to give them any details.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Harry and George to attack Draco Malfoy after the first Quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor?
2. Who do the children run into while visiting their former professor at the hospital mental ward?
3. What disturbing information do the children learn by eavesdropping on the adults at the hospital?
4. What makes Aunt Petunia decide Harry must be allowed to stay?
5. In Chapter 13, Hermione chastises Fred and George for a new product they have developed and are testing on first-year students. What product are they testing on the first-years?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)