|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dumbledore tell Harry when they speak after the hearing?
(a) They don't speak. Dumbledore leaves without even looking at Harry.
(b) The dark times ahead will require vigilance against false friends.
(c) That he needs to guard carefully against trickery from the Ministry.
(d) That he will need Harry's assistance this year to protect the students at Hogwarts.
2. What prevents Hagrid from making good progress towards achieving his mission?
(a) A group of Death Eaters that chase him for months.
(b) A group of pixies declares war on him.
(c) The death of the giants' leader.
(d) He breaks his leg while rock-climbing.
3. Why does Ginny chastise Harry when they sit down to eat over the holidays?
(a) Because he isn't moving on his feelings for Cho and it's painfully obvious he should.
(b) Because he hasn't talked to her and she's the only other person that's been possessed by Voldemort.
(c) Because he is putting the entire Order in danger by remaining at the headquarters.
(d) Because he promised he would give her lessons to make her a better Seeker.
4. What accusation from Filch does Cho defend Harry against?
(a) Cheating in Potions.
(b) Sneaking into the girls' dormitory.
(c) That he was buying Dungbombs.
(d) Sneaking into Hogsmeade.
5. What favor does Hermione ask Harry to do for the Hogwarts students?
(a) Teach the students a different version of Defense Against the Dark Arts.
(b) Get along with Umbridge so that Minister Fudge will be less suspicious of Dumbledore.
(c) Stop bragging all the time about his exploits.
(d) Stop talking about Voldemort and scaring the students.
6. What does Umbridge taunt Snape about when she sits in on his Potions class?
(a) He has a sister imprisoned at Azkaban.
(b) His having been passed over for the Defense Against the Darks Arts position several times.
(c) She thinks potions are ineffectual and not "real magic".
(d) That he was not a particularly talented student when he attended Hogwarts.
7. How many owls did Harry receive after returning home from the dementor attack?
8. Why is Harry secretly upset in Chapter 9?
(a) He has fallen in love with Hermione.
(b) Sirius isn't spending enough time with him.
(c) Ron and Hermione are named Gryffindor prefects.
(d) He doesn't want to be the "chosen one" any longer.
9. Where does Hermione come up with the plan to alert Dumbledore's Army members of their meeting schedule?
(a) By studying the gnomes of Little Whinging.
(b) By reading ancient Gryffindor texts concealed in the Room of Requirement.
(c) By asking Professor Umbridge for guidance.
(d) By following a system Vodlemort uses to call his Death Eaters.
10. Why does Sirius end up escorting Ron, Harry and Hermione to the train station?
(a) He wants an opportunity to stretch his legs after being cooped up inside.
(b) He wants an opportunity to rebel against Mrs. Weasley and all her rules.
(c) Threats against Harry's life have been received at Hogwarts.
(d) The assigned guard fails to report for duty.
11. What explanation does Hagrid give for his extended absence?
(a) He was in the mountains speaking to the giants for Dumbledore.
(b) He was gone because he was poisoned by a large spider over the summer and needed time to recover.
(c) He was on vacation with his new love, Madame Maxime.
(d) He was visiting the mountains to make sure Norbert was well cared for.
12. What character awakens Harry from his dream about the long corridor?
13. How long does Harry wait for news after sending his letters?
(a) Four days.
(b) One week.
(c) Six days.
(d) Three days.
14. Why did Percy have a falling out with his parents?
(a) He wants to marry a muggle and give up magic.
(b) He doesn't want to be associated with such a poor family.
(c) Due to his promotion within the Ministry of Magic.
(d) He turned in his brother for illegal dragon smuggling.
15. Harry is dismayed to learn that which other Hogwarts student was made a prefect?
(a) Vincent Crabbe.
(b) Draco Malfoy.
(c) Moaning Myrtle.
(d) Gregory Goyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. After learning of the attack on Mr. Weasley, why does Dumbledore send former Headmaster paintings to search for him?
2. Why do Harry and friends advise Sirius against coming to visit them disguised as a black dog?
3. At the last D.A. meeting before the holidays, why does Cho break down while talking to Harry?
4. What does Harry discover about the pain he feels in his scar on occasion?
5. What space does Harry discover that is perfect for D.A. meetings?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)