|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Umbridge taunt Snape about when she sits in on his Potions class?
(a) She thinks potions are ineffectual and not "real magic".
(b) That he was not a particularly talented student when he attended Hogwarts.
(c) His having been passed over for the Defense Against the Darks Arts position several times.
(d) He has a sister imprisoned at Azkaban.
2. What happens when Dumbledore looks Harry in the face for the first time since the hearing?
(a) Voldemort takes control of Harry and he attacks Dumbledore.
(b) Harry yells at Dumbledore for ignoring him all this time.
(c) Harry breaks down and cries because he has missed his mentor.
(d) Harry is overwhelmed by the desire to attack him and nearly loses control.
3. In Chapter 13, what secret of Ron's does Harry learn?
(a) Ron has secretly been practicing to become the new Gryffindor Seeker.
(b) That Ron is thinking of leaving Hogwarts to pursue professional football.
(c) Ron has been cheating in Occlumency.
(d) Ron is secretly in love with Hermione.
4. What two characters witnessed Harry's Patronus Charm?
(a) Dudley and Hermione.
(b) Uncle Vernon and Dudley.
(c) Aunt Petunia and Ms. Figg.
(d) Dudley and Ms. Figg.
5. What explanation does Hagrid give for his extended absence?
(a) He was visiting the mountains to make sure Norbert was well cared for.
(b) He was gone because he was poisoned by a large spider over the summer and needed time to recover.
(c) He was in the mountains speaking to the giants for Dumbledore.
(d) He was on vacation with his new love, Madame Maxime.
6. Why doesn't Harry end up sitting with Ron and Hermione on the train?
(a) Luna Lovegood corners him to speak privately about occlumency.
(b) They have a quarrel while boarding and leave him by himself.
(c) They have to go to the prefects' car for instructions.
(d) He wants to spend some time alone planning for the coming year.
7. Why is Dobby wearing so many clothes when he sees Harry in Chapter 18?
(a) Because the house elves' quarters are not heated.
(b) To express his delight in his own freedom from slavery.
(c) Because Umbridge is forcing the house elves to sleep outside.
(d) Because the other house elves are offended by what Hermione is doing.
8. Why does Harry get into a fight with Seamus Finnigan?
(a) Seamus calls Harry a murderer and a thief.
(b) Seamus' mother believes the nasty things that have been written about Harry and Dumbledore.
(c) Seamus decides to go out for Gryffindor seeker to try to upstage Harry.
(d) Harry wants a room to himself because of his nightmares.
9. Why is the Gryffindor Quidditch practice cancelled?
(a) Because Umbridge has forbidden all sporting activities during the academic week.
(b) Because the team has not been given permission to reform.
(c) Because dementors have been spotted lurking around Hogwarts.
(d) Because Ron injures another teammate.
10. What final cautionary advice does Hermione give Hagrid before leaving?
(a) To tone down his lessons because Umbridge may not approve of his curriculum.
(b) Umbridge will not like him if she learns he is part-giant.
(c) Be careful at the Hog's Head Tavern because there are spies there.
(d) A new type of creature rumored to be lurking in the Forbidden Forest may be dangerous.
11. What happens when McGonagall tries to discipline Harry and George for their poor sportsmanship?
(a) Umbridge comes in and takes over.
(b) They use Floo Powder and travel to the Order for help.
(c) She is interrupted by an attacking troll.
(d) Dumbledore grants them a pardon.
12. What does Hagrid learn about his mother on his trip?
(a) She tried for years to find him to reconcile their relationship.
(b) She died several years earlier.
(c) She became leader of the giants.
(d) She remarried and had two other children.
13. How many owls did Harry receive after returning home from the dementor attack?
14. Why does Hermione begin to question whether it's a good idea to meet in their secret club?
(a) Because Harry has been behaving unreliably.
(b) Because she doesn't want to be repsonsible for getting the others into trouble.
(c) Because Sirius thinks it's a good idea.
(d) Because she dislikes breaking rules.
15. What is the correct address for Chapter Four's location?
(a) Number Thirteen, Diagon Alley.
(b) Number Eleven, Wizarding Row.
(c) Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place.
(d) Number Twelve, Knockturn Alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Harry and George to attack Draco Malfoy after the first Quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor?
2. What does the boggart reveal about Mrs. Weasley?
3. What disturbing information do the children learn by eavesdropping on the adults at the hospital?
4. How did the Black family's beliefs differ from those of Sirius?
5. What space does Harry discover that is perfect for D.A. meetings?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)