|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Weasley shout at her husband while visiting him in the hospital?
(a) He has been eating food not on the hospital's approved diet menu.
(b) He has been experimenting with the Dark Arts to better protect his family.
(c) Because he accepted Muggle-style stitches to try to make his wound heal faster.
(d) Because he is trying to sneak out of the hospital to protect his family.
2. What mistake does Ron make during the first Quidditch practice that results in it being canceled?
(a) Ron flies into a classroom window and disrupts a lecture.
(b) Ron accidentally scores for the wrong side.
(c) Ron hits his teammate in the face with a Quaffle, causing her to have a nosebleed.
(d) Ron falls off his broom and breaks his arm.
3. Where does Harry have to travel in Chapter 7?
(b) The Ministry of Magic.
4. What person was in disguise watching the children during their first meeting of Dumbledore's Army?
(a) Mrs. Figg.
(c) Mundungus Fletcher.
(d) Professor McGonagall.
5. In Chapter 13, what secret of Ron's does Harry learn?
(a) Ron has been cheating in Occlumency.
(b) Ron is secretly in love with Hermione.
(c) That Ron is thinking of leaving Hogwarts to pursue professional football.
(d) Ron has secretly been practicing to become the new Gryffindor Seeker.
6. What was Ms. Figg assigned to do in Little Whinging?
(a) Watch over Harry and prevent him from doing magic.
(b) Spy on Harry for Lord Voldemort and the Death Eaters.
(c) Study muggle behavior for the Ministry of Magic.
(d) Make sure the Dursleys treated Harry well.
7. What does Harry do to earn another week of detention with Professor Umbridge?
(a) Protests a demerit of five points from Gryffindor House.
(b) Gets into a fist fight with Draco Malfoy over Sirius' whereabouts.
(c) Argues that Minister Fudge is under Voldemort's control.
(d) Fails to complete any of his assignments because his hand hurts too much.
8. What does Mr. Weasley tell the children about his attack?
(a) That his wand was broken while defending himself.
(b) He absolutely refuses to give them any details.
(c) That he was bitten by a giant snake.
(d) That Death Eaters were chasing him and he fell down a flight of stairs.
9. What does Umbridge taunt Snape about when she sits in on his Potions class?
(a) He has a sister imprisoned at Azkaban.
(b) His having been passed over for the Defense Against the Darks Arts position several times.
(c) That he was not a particularly talented student when he attended Hogwarts.
(d) She thinks potions are ineffectual and not "real magic".
10. What is so special about the creatures Hagrid shows the students in his first class?
(a) They are only visible to those that have cast dark magic.
(b) They were once unicorns but were twisted by Voldemort.
(c) Only women are able to care for them, as they will try to kill and eat men.
(d) Only those who have seen death can view them.
11. What accusation from Filch does Cho defend Harry against?
(a) Sneaking into Hogsmeade.
(b) That he was buying Dungbombs.
(c) Cheating in Potions.
(d) Sneaking into the girls' dormitory.
12. What do the members of the Order realize while exchanging gifts?
(a) That Harry has bought them each overpriced gifts to alleviate his sense of guilt.
(b) That Kreacher has been absent for some time.
(c) That Mrs. Weasley has knit socks instead of sweaters.
(d) That Hermione doesn't celebrate Christmas and is offended by the holiday.
13. How did the Black family's beliefs differ from those of Sirius?
(a) They supported sending all mudbloods to Azkaban for life.
(b) They wanted all house elves to be freed from slavery.
(c) They were fervent supporters of the pure blood movement and dark wizards.
(d) They wanted Dumbledore to serve as the Minister of Magic.
14. What does Harry discover about the pain he feels in his scar on occasion?
(a) Whenever he is under duress, it starts to burn.
(b) It occurs when he is linked to Voldemort's moods.
(c) It hurts whenever someone tries to cast a dark spell on him.
(d) It hurts when he thinks about painful memories, particularly of his parents.
15. Where are the children sent to wait for more news about Mr. Weasley's condition after his attack?
(a) Little Whinging.
(b) Diagon Alley.
(c) A safehouse in Hogsmeade.
(d) Sirius' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dumbledore tell Harry when they speak after the hearing?
2. How many owls did Harry receive after returning home from the dementor attack?
3. In Chapter 13, Hermione chastises Fred and George for a new product they have developed and are testing on first-year students. What product are they testing on the first-years?
4. What post is Professor Umbridge appointed to by the Ministry of Magic?
5. Why is the current leader of the giants of great concern to Dumbledore?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)