|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Hagrid from making good progress towards achieving his mission?
(a) The death of the giants' leader.
(b) A group of pixies declares war on him.
(c) A group of Death Eaters that chase him for months.
(d) He breaks his leg while rock-climbing.
2. Why does Mrs. Weasley shout at her husband while visiting him in the hospital?
(a) He has been eating food not on the hospital's approved diet menu.
(b) Because he accepted Muggle-style stitches to try to make his wound heal faster.
(c) Because he is trying to sneak out of the hospital to protect his family.
(d) He has been experimenting with the Dark Arts to better protect his family.
3. Where does Hermione come up with the plan to alert Dumbledore's Army members of their meeting schedule?
(a) By studying the gnomes of Little Whinging.
(b) By asking Professor Umbridge for guidance.
(c) By reading ancient Gryffindor texts concealed in the Room of Requirement.
(d) By following a system Vodlemort uses to call his Death Eaters.
4. What seems strange about Harry facing the Wizengamot?
(a) Several of them are convicted Death Eaters.
(b) Underage magic would usually only merit a small disciplinary hearing.
(c) They're all taking photos of him throughout the hearing.
(d) The Wizengamot has not been convened in over 100 years.
5. What does Cho Chang tell Harry at the end of Chapter 18 that makes him secretly happy?
(a) That she has always liked him, which secretly delights him.
(b) That he makes her nervous.
(c) That she has a crush on George.
(d) That she doesn't blame him for Cedric's death.
6. What does Ron express an interest in becoming once he's graduated from Hogwarts?
(a) An Auror.
(b) A dragon researcher.
(c) A Muggle Specialist at the Ministry of Magic.
(d) A member of S.P.E.W.
7. The Order of the Phoenix Headquarters are housed in the ancestral home of which character?
(a) Severus Snape.
(b) Sirius Black.
(c) Mrs. Weasley.
(d) Mundungus Fletcher.
8. What name do the children choose for the new club teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts?
(a) Hogwarts' Champions.
(b) The Patronus Group.
(c) Dumbledore's Army.
(d) Harry's Heroes.
9. In Chapter 13, Hermione chastises Fred and George for a new product they have developed and are testing on first-year students. What product are they testing on the first-years?
(a) Candies that will change one's appearance to help cheat on tests.
(b) A drink that will cause students to belch blue smoke after ingesting it.
(c) Sickness-inducing candies.
(d) A potion that will temporarily make a student twice as smart.
10. Why is Minister Fudge trying to undermine Dumbledore in the wizarding community?
(a) They are old rivals from when they attended Hogwarts together.
(b) He is afraid Dumbledore will try to overthrow him.
(c) He wants greater control at Hogwarts to influence the students.
(d) He is secretly a Death Eater in Lucius Malfoy's employ.
11. Who appears unexpectedly during the hearing to come to Harry's aid?
(a) Sirius Black.
(b) Mrs. Weasley.
(c) Albus Dumbledore.
12. What cuts short the children's first visit with Hagrid after his return to Hogwarts?
(a) Umbridge's arrival.
(b) Dumbledore's arrival.
(c) Hagrid succumbs to his injuries.
(d) Hagrid is exhausted and needs to sleep.
13. How many goals does the Gryffindor Quidditch team score in their first match of the season?
14. Why did Percy have a falling out with his parents?
(a) Due to his promotion within the Ministry of Magic.
(b) He wants to marry a muggle and give up magic.
(c) He doesn't want to be associated with such a poor family.
(d) He turned in his brother for illegal dragon smuggling.
15. What happens when Dumbledore looks Harry in the face for the first time since the hearing?
(a) Harry breaks down and cries because he has missed his mentor.
(b) Harry is overwhelmed by the desire to attack him and nearly loses control.
(c) Voldemort takes control of Harry and he attacks Dumbledore.
(d) Harry yells at Dumbledore for ignoring him all this time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do to earn another week of detention with Professor Umbridge?
2. How did the Black family's beliefs differ from those of Sirius?
3. Where does Harry have to travel in Chapter 7?
4. During the holiday break, what does Harry want to do to ensure the safety of his friends?
5. Why is Dobby wearing so many clothes when he sees Harry in Chapter 18?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)