|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the children forced to wait for news, rather than being allowed to rush straight to the hospital to see Mr. Weasley?
(a) Mrs. Weasley wants to focus on her husband rather than worry about her family's safety.
(b) So that if he dies at the hospital, they aren't traumatized.
(c) Because it's too dangerous for Harry to go out in public.
(d) So that no one will suspect anything about why they already know about the attack.
2. What explanation does Hagrid give for his extended absence?
(a) He was visiting the mountains to make sure Norbert was well cared for.
(b) He was gone because he was poisoned by a large spider over the summer and needed time to recover.
(c) He was on vacation with his new love, Madame Maxime.
(d) He was in the mountains speaking to the giants for Dumbledore.
3. To whom does Harry write letters at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Hermione, Sirius and Dumbledore.
(b) Ron, Hermione, and Sirius.
(c) Dumbledore, Hagrid and Hermione.
(d) Ron, Dumbledore and Hagrid.
4. What space does Harry discover that is perfect for D.A. meetings?
(a) A small cabin in the Forbidden Forest.
(b) Dumbledore's office.
(c) The Divination classroom.
(d) The Room of Requirement.
5. The Order of the Phoenix Headquarters are housed in the ancestral home of which character?
(a) Mrs. Weasley.
(b) Sirius Black.
(c) Severus Snape.
(d) Mundungus Fletcher.
6. What causes Harry and George to attack Draco Malfoy after the first Quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor?
(a) Because he hit an illegal Bludger at Harry after the match.
(b) Because they think no one is looking and they won't be caught.
(c) Because he is insulting their families.
(d) Because he cheated during the match.
7. What does the boggart reveal about Mrs. Weasley?
(a) She is worried her family will die fighting Voldemort.
(b) She is acting as a spy under Voldemort's influence.
(c) She was Lily Potter's best friend and misses her terribly.
(d) Her children are not all biologically hers.
8. Why did Harry's friends neglect to respond to his letters?
(a) Dumbledore was worried their messages would be intercepted.
(b) The Dursleys stole the letters that Hedwig was bringing back to Harry.
(c) Hedwig wasn't able to deliver Harry's letters because of the Ministry of Magic.
(d) They were tired of him whining about his problems and wanted a break.
9. What mistake does Ron make during the first Quidditch practice that results in it being canceled?
(a) Ron hits his teammate in the face with a Quaffle, causing her to have a nosebleed.
(b) Ron falls off his broom and breaks his arm.
(c) Ron flies into a classroom window and disrupts a lecture.
(d) Ron accidentally scores for the wrong side.
10. Harry is surprised by the number of students that come to the first meeting; how many showed up?
(a) Thirty-two students.
(b) Seventeen students.
(c) Forty-one students.
(d) Twenty-five students.
11. What does Umbridge taunt Snape about when she sits in on his Potions class?
(a) His having been passed over for the Defense Against the Darks Arts position several times.
(b) That he was not a particularly talented student when he attended Hogwarts.
(c) He has a sister imprisoned at Azkaban.
(d) She thinks potions are ineffectual and not "real magic".
12. What person was in disguise watching the children during their first meeting of Dumbledore's Army?
(a) Mrs. Figg.
(b) Mundungus Fletcher.
(d) Professor McGonagall.
13. At the end of Chapter Six, what dampens Harry's mood?
(a) Memories of how his parents were killed.
(b) A message from Hagrid about the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.
(c) Hearing that Quidditch was cancelled for the coming school year.
(d) The realization that he has a hearing at the Ministry of Magic the next day.
14. How many owls did Harry receive after returning home from the dementor attack?
15. Why is Harry secretly upset in Chapter 9?
(a) Sirius isn't spending enough time with him.
(b) He doesn't want to be the "chosen one" any longer.
(c) He has fallen in love with Hermione.
(d) Ron and Hermione are named Gryffindor prefects.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what secret of Ron's does Harry learn?
2. Why is Sirius the happiest Harry has ever seen during the holidays?
3. In Hagrid's first lesson, what kind of creature does he show the children in the Forbidden Forest?
4. How long does Harry wait for news after sending his letters?
5. What one piece of good news do the main characters learn after being fiercely disciplined for attacking Malfoy?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)