|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Harry's friends neglect to respond to his letters?
(a) They were tired of him whining about his problems and wanted a break.
(b) Hedwig wasn't able to deliver Harry's letters because of the Ministry of Magic.
(c) Dumbledore was worried their messages would be intercepted.
(d) The Dursleys stole the letters that Hedwig was bringing back to Harry.
2. Why is Dobby wearing so many clothes when he sees Harry in Chapter 18?
(a) Because the other house elves are offended by what Hermione is doing.
(b) Because the house elves' quarters are not heated.
(c) To express his delight in his own freedom from slavery.
(d) Because Umbridge is forcing the house elves to sleep outside.
3. What special device do Harry and Mr. Weasley use to enter the building for Harry's disciplinary hearing?
(a) The newest Nimbus broomstick.
(b) Floo powder.
(c) A magical "broken" phone booth.
(d) A shrinking door.
4. What seems strange about Harry facing the Wizengamot?
(a) Underage magic would usually only merit a small disciplinary hearing.
(b) Several of them are convicted Death Eaters.
(c) The Wizengamot has not been convened in over 100 years.
(d) They're all taking photos of him throughout the hearing.
5. Why does Harry arrive late to his hearing?
(a) The shrinking door will not allow them to enter.
(b) He gets up late in the morning.
(c) They have to run from dementors.
(d) The time and location are changed without notice.
6. In Chapter 13, what secret of Ron's does Harry learn?
(a) Ron is secretly in love with Hermione.
(b) Ron has secretly been practicing to become the new Gryffindor Seeker.
(c) Ron has been cheating in Occlumency.
(d) That Ron is thinking of leaving Hogwarts to pursue professional football.
7. How long does Harry wait for news after sending his letters?
(a) Three days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Four days.
(d) One week.
8. To whom does Harry write letters at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Ron, Hermione, and Sirius.
(b) Dumbledore, Hagrid and Hermione.
(c) Ron, Dumbledore and Hagrid.
(d) Hermione, Sirius and Dumbledore.
9. What is the correct address for Chapter Four's location?
(a) Number Thirteen, Diagon Alley.
(b) Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place.
(c) Number Eleven, Wizarding Row.
(d) Number Twelve, Knockturn Alley.
10. What does Cho Chang tell Harry at the end of Chapter 18 that makes him secretly happy?
(a) That she has a crush on George.
(b) That she doesn't blame him for Cedric's death.
(c) That she has always liked him, which secretly delights him.
(d) That he makes her nervous.
11. Harry is dismayed to learn that which other Hogwarts student was made a prefect?
(a) Draco Malfoy.
(b) Vincent Crabbe.
(c) Moaning Myrtle.
(d) Gregory Goyle.
12. Where is the first informational meeting of the Defense Against the Dark Arts club held?
(a) The school library.
(b) Forbidden Forest.
(c) Hagrid's shack.
(d) The Hog's Head.
13. What Ministry employee has been sent to Hogwarts as the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?
(a) Percy Weasley.
(b) Cornelius Fudge.
(c) Dolores Umbridge.
(d) Mr. Weasley.
14. How did the Black family's beliefs differ from those of Sirius?
(a) They wanted all house elves to be freed from slavery.
(b) They supported sending all mudbloods to Azkaban for life.
(c) They were fervent supporters of the pure blood movement and dark wizards.
(d) They wanted Dumbledore to serve as the Minister of Magic.
15. What does Harry do to earn another week of detention with Professor Umbridge?
(a) Gets into a fist fight with Draco Malfoy over Sirius' whereabouts.
(b) Fails to complete any of his assignments because his hand hurts too much.
(c) Argues that Minister Fudge is under Voldemort's control.
(d) Protests a demerit of five points from Gryffindor House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ginny chastise Harry when they sit down to eat over the holidays?
2. What does Dumbledore tell Harry when they speak after the hearing?
3. Who do the children run into while visiting their former professor at the hospital mental ward?
4. What do Sirius and Mrs. Weasley argue about in Chapter Five?
5. Why is the current leader of the giants of great concern to Dumbledore?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)