|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry arrive late to his hearing?
(a) The shrinking door will not allow them to enter.
(b) He gets up late in the morning.
(c) The time and location are changed without notice.
(d) They have to run from dementors.
2. What final cautionary advice does Hermione give Hagrid before leaving?
(a) To tone down his lessons because Umbridge may not approve of his curriculum.
(b) A new type of creature rumored to be lurking in the Forbidden Forest may be dangerous.
(c) Umbridge will not like him if she learns he is part-giant.
(d) Be careful at the Hog's Head Tavern because there are spies there.
3. Why does Hermione begin to question whether it's a good idea to meet in their secret club?
(a) Because she doesn't want to be repsonsible for getting the others into trouble.
(b) Because Sirius thinks it's a good idea.
(c) Because she dislikes breaking rules.
(d) Because Harry has been behaving unreliably.
4. How did the Black family's beliefs differ from those of Sirius?
(a) They wanted Dumbledore to serve as the Minister of Magic.
(b) They wanted all house elves to be freed from slavery.
(c) They supported sending all mudbloods to Azkaban for life.
(d) They were fervent supporters of the pure blood movement and dark wizards.
5. Why is the Gryffindor Quidditch practice cancelled?
(a) Because Ron injures another teammate.
(b) Because the team has not been given permission to reform.
(c) Because Umbridge has forbidden all sporting activities during the academic week.
(d) Because dementors have been spotted lurking around Hogwarts.
6. Where does the action of Chapter 1 take place?
(d) Little Whinging.
7. What post is Professor Umbridge appointed to by the Ministry of Magic?
(a) Hogwarts' High Inquisitor.
(b) Divination Professor.
(c) Assistant Minister of Magic.
(d) Headmistress of Hogwarts.
8. Why is Sirius the happiest Harry has ever seen during the holidays?
(a) Because he is able to go out in public without fear of being caught.
(b) Because he has a house full of friends.
(c) Because he learns he will be offered a full pardon by the Ministry.
(d) Because he missed spending time with Harry.
9. Who do the children run into while visiting their former professor at the hospital mental ward?
(a) Professor McGonagall.
(b) Neville Longbottom.
(c) Bellatrix LeStrange.
(d) Cho Chang.
10. The Order of the Phoenix Headquarters are housed in the ancestral home of which character?
(a) Mundungus Fletcher.
(b) Sirius Black.
(c) Severus Snape.
(d) Mrs. Weasley.
11. During the holiday break, what does Harry want to do to ensure the safety of his friends?
(a) Give himself up to Voldemort so he'll stop attacking Harry's friends.
(b) Return to the Dursley household for the holiday.
(c) Set up reinforcements at the Order headquarters.
(d) Begin studying the Dark Arts so that he'll be in a better position to fight Voldemort.
12. In Chapter 13, what secret of Ron's does Harry learn?
(a) That Ron is thinking of leaving Hogwarts to pursue professional football.
(b) Ron is secretly in love with Hermione.
(c) Ron has been cheating in Occlumency.
(d) Ron has secretly been practicing to become the new Gryffindor Seeker.
13. What happens when Dumbledore looks Harry in the face for the first time since the hearing?
(a) Harry breaks down and cries because he has missed his mentor.
(b) Voldemort takes control of Harry and he attacks Dumbledore.
(c) Harry is overwhelmed by the desire to attack him and nearly loses control.
(d) Harry yells at Dumbledore for ignoring him all this time.
14. Why does Harry fight with Professor Umbridge during the Defense Against the Dark Arts class?
(a) Because Umbridge doesn't think house elfs should have citizen rights.
(b) Harry doesn't like the textbook she has chosen for the class.
(c) That Umbridge voted against Harry during his hearing.
(d) Because Harry believes Voldemort has returned.
15. What cuts short the children's first visit with Hagrid after his return to Hogwarts?
(a) Hagrid succumbs to his injuries.
(b) Dumbledore's arrival.
(c) Hagrid is exhausted and needs to sleep.
(d) Umbridge's arrival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What person was in disguise watching the children during their first meeting of Dumbledore's Army?
2. What is the correct address for Chapter Four's location?
3. To whom does Harry write letters at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. In Hagrid's first lesson, what kind of creature does he show the children in the Forbidden Forest?
5. What disturbing information do the children learn by eavesdropping on the adults at the hospital?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)