|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ms. Figg assigned to do in Little Whinging?
(a) Watch over Harry and prevent him from doing magic.
(b) Make sure the Dursleys treated Harry well.
(c) Study muggle behavior for the Ministry of Magic.
(d) Spy on Harry for Lord Voldemort and the Death Eaters.
2. What character awakens Harry from his dream about the long corridor?
3. Why are the children forced to wait for news, rather than being allowed to rush straight to the hospital to see Mr. Weasley?
(a) So that no one will suspect anything about why they already know about the attack.
(b) Mrs. Weasley wants to focus on her husband rather than worry about her family's safety.
(c) So that if he dies at the hospital, they aren't traumatized.
(d) Because it's too dangerous for Harry to go out in public.
4. Who is appointed the new Gryffindor Quidditch seeker before Christmas break?
(a) Fred Weasley.
(b) Cho Chang.
(c) Ginny Weasley.
(d) Draco Malfoy.
5. What one piece of good news do the main characters learn after being fiercely disciplined for attacking Malfoy?
(a) Hagrid has returned.
(b) The Weasleys have won the lottery.
(c) Umbridge has been fired.
(d) Sirius has been pardoned for his crimes.
6. Why does Sirius end up escorting Ron, Harry and Hermione to the train station?
(a) Threats against Harry's life have been received at Hogwarts.
(b) He wants an opportunity to rebel against Mrs. Weasley and all her rules.
(c) The assigned guard fails to report for duty.
(d) He wants an opportunity to stretch his legs after being cooped up inside.
7. Why is the Gryffindor Quidditch practice cancelled?
(a) Because Ron injures another teammate.
(b) Because the team has not been given permission to reform.
(c) Because dementors have been spotted lurking around Hogwarts.
(d) Because Umbridge has forbidden all sporting activities during the academic week.
8. How long does Harry wait for news after sending his letters?
(a) One week.
(b) Four days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Three days.
9. Why did Harry's friends neglect to respond to his letters?
(a) Hedwig wasn't able to deliver Harry's letters because of the Ministry of Magic.
(b) They were tired of him whining about his problems and wanted a break.
(c) The Dursleys stole the letters that Hedwig was bringing back to Harry.
(d) Dumbledore was worried their messages would be intercepted.
10. What two characters witnessed Harry's Patronus Charm?
(a) Dudley and Hermione.
(b) Uncle Vernon and Dudley.
(c) Dudley and Ms. Figg.
(d) Aunt Petunia and Ms. Figg.
11. What does Harry do to earn another week of detention with Professor Umbridge?
(a) Fails to complete any of his assignments because his hand hurts too much.
(b) Protests a demerit of five points from Gryffindor House.
(c) Argues that Minister Fudge is under Voldemort's control.
(d) Gets into a fist fight with Draco Malfoy over Sirius' whereabouts.
12. What does the boggart reveal about Mrs. Weasley?
(a) She is worried her family will die fighting Voldemort.
(b) Her children are not all biologically hers.
(c) She is acting as a spy under Voldemort's influence.
(d) She was Lily Potter's best friend and misses her terribly.
13. What does Umbridge taunt Snape about when she sits in on his Potions class?
(a) His having been passed over for the Defense Against the Darks Arts position several times.
(b) He has a sister imprisoned at Azkaban.
(c) That he was not a particularly talented student when he attended Hogwarts.
(d) She thinks potions are ineffectual and not "real magic".
14. Where does Harry have to travel in Chapter 7?
(d) The Ministry of Magic.
15. What Ministry employee has been sent to Hogwarts as the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?
(a) Mr. Weasley.
(b) Percy Weasley.
(c) Cornelius Fudge.
(d) Dolores Umbridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry discover about the pain he feels in his scar on occasion?
2. Why is Minister Fudge trying to undermine Dumbledore in the wizarding community?
3. Where are the children sent to wait for more news about Mr. Weasley's condition after his attack?
4. What travel method was used to escort Harry from the Dursleys' home to the Order of the Phoenix?
5. What do Sirius and Mrs. Weasley argue about in Chapter Five?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)