|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry get into a fight with Seamus Finnigan?
(a) Harry wants a room to himself because of his nightmares.
(b) Seamus' mother believes the nasty things that have been written about Harry and Dumbledore.
(c) Seamus decides to go out for Gryffindor seeker to try to upstage Harry.
(d) Seamus calls Harry a murderer and a thief.
2. During the holiday break, what does Harry want to do to ensure the safety of his friends?
(a) Give himself up to Voldemort so he'll stop attacking Harry's friends.
(b) Return to the Dursley household for the holiday.
(c) Begin studying the Dark Arts so that he'll be in a better position to fight Voldemort.
(d) Set up reinforcements at the Order headquarters.
3. How long does Harry wait for news after sending his letters?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) Six days.
(d) Four days.
4. Where does the action of Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Little Whinging.
5. What character awakens Harry from his dream about the long corridor?
6. What seems strange about Harry facing the Wizengamot?
(a) Underage magic would usually only merit a small disciplinary hearing.
(b) The Wizengamot has not been convened in over 100 years.
(c) Several of them are convicted Death Eaters.
(d) They're all taking photos of him throughout the hearing.
7. Why did Percy have a falling out with his parents?
(a) Due to his promotion within the Ministry of Magic.
(b) He wants to marry a muggle and give up magic.
(c) He turned in his brother for illegal dragon smuggling.
(d) He doesn't want to be associated with such a poor family.
8. Why does Hagrid choose to ignore Hermione's advice about changing his curriculum?
(a) Because he's not smart enough to write new lesson plans.
(b) Because he is certain his lessons are more interesting than other teachers' might be.
(c) Because Dumbledore told him not to concern himself with Umbridge.
(d) Because Hermione always worries about trivial things.
9. What is so special about the creatures Hagrid shows the students in his first class?
(a) Only those who have seen death can view them.
(b) Only women are able to care for them, as they will try to kill and eat men.
(c) They were once unicorns but were twisted by Voldemort.
(d) They are only visible to those that have cast dark magic.
10. What do members of the Slytherin House do during the match that fiercely demoralizes Ron?
(a) Sing a song during the match about how bad Ron is at Quidditch.
(b) Cast spells at Ron while the referees are not looking.
(c) Dress up as Death Eaters.
(d) Create an illusion that makes it appear as though there are no spectators cheering for Gryffindor.
11. What accusation from Filch does Cho defend Harry against?
(a) Sneaking into the girls' dormitory.
(b) That he was buying Dungbombs.
(c) Cheating in Potions.
(d) Sneaking into Hogsmeade.
12. What does the Sorting Hat do in Chapter 11 that is unusual?
(a) Sorts nearly all the first-years into Gryffindor House so they'll fight Voldemort.
(b) Makes a political announcement demanding the freedom of elves.
(c) Sings a song about an impending threat to the school.
(d) Refuses to sort a student because he is a mudblood.
13. What happens during Potions class that gives Snape an opportunity to humiliate Harry?
(a) Ron's potion explodes all over Harry and makes him break out in a green rash.
(b) Harry forgets a step in the potion recipe and is unable to complete it correctly.
(c) Harry is the only student unable to successfully make the potion for the day.
(d) Harry is caught cheating off Cho's notes.
14. What does Cho Chang tell Harry at the end of Chapter 18 that makes him secretly happy?
(a) That she doesn't blame him for Cedric's death.
(b) That he makes her nervous.
(c) That she has a crush on George.
(d) That she has always liked him, which secretly delights him.
15. What prevents Hagrid from making good progress towards achieving his mission?
(a) A group of Death Eaters that chase him for months.
(b) The death of the giants' leader.
(c) A group of pixies declares war on him.
(d) He breaks his leg while rock-climbing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What post is Professor Umbridge appointed to by the Ministry of Magic?
2. At the end of Chapter Six, what dampens Harry's mood?
3. What does McGonagall tell Harry to watch out for?
4. Where are the children sent to wait for more news about Mr. Weasley's condition after his attack?
5. What travel method was used to escort Harry from the Dursleys' home to the Order of the Phoenix?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)