|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sirius the happiest Harry has ever seen during the holidays?
(a) Because he is able to go out in public without fear of being caught.
(b) Because he missed spending time with Harry.
(c) Because he learns he will be offered a full pardon by the Ministry.
(d) Because he has a house full of friends.
2. Who is appointed the new Gryffindor Quidditch seeker before Christmas break?
(a) Fred Weasley.
(b) Draco Malfoy.
(c) Ginny Weasley.
(d) Cho Chang.
3. To whom does Harry write letters at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Ron, Hermione, and Sirius.
(b) Ron, Dumbledore and Hagrid.
(c) Dumbledore, Hagrid and Hermione.
(d) Hermione, Sirius and Dumbledore.
4. Who do the children run into while visiting their former professor at the hospital mental ward?
(a) Cho Chang.
(b) Bellatrix LeStrange.
(c) Professor McGonagall.
(d) Neville Longbottom.
5. In Chapter 13, what secret of Ron's does Harry learn?
(a) Ron has secretly been practicing to become the new Gryffindor Seeker.
(b) Ron is secretly in love with Hermione.
(c) That Ron is thinking of leaving Hogwarts to pursue professional football.
(d) Ron has been cheating in Occlumency.
6. Why did Harry's friends neglect to respond to his letters?
(a) They were tired of him whining about his problems and wanted a break.
(b) Hedwig wasn't able to deliver Harry's letters because of the Ministry of Magic.
(c) Dumbledore was worried their messages would be intercepted.
(d) The Dursleys stole the letters that Hedwig was bringing back to Harry.
7. What was Ms. Figg assigned to do in Little Whinging?
(a) Make sure the Dursleys treated Harry well.
(b) Study muggle behavior for the Ministry of Magic.
(c) Spy on Harry for Lord Voldemort and the Death Eaters.
(d) Watch over Harry and prevent him from doing magic.
8. How many goals does the Gryffindor Quidditch team score in their first match of the season?
9. What happens when McGonagall tries to discipline Harry and George for their poor sportsmanship?
(a) She is interrupted by an attacking troll.
(b) Dumbledore grants them a pardon.
(c) Umbridge comes in and takes over.
(d) They use Floo Powder and travel to the Order for help.
10. Why do George and Fred keep taking things they find in the Black House?
(a) They want to destroy anything that might be associated with the Dark Arts.
(b) They need decorations for their room at Hogwarts.
(c) They intend to sell them on Diagon Alley for pocket change.
(d) They think the items might be useful in starting their joke shop.
11. Where does Harry have to travel in Chapter 7?
(d) The Ministry of Magic.
12. What post is Professor Umbridge appointed to by the Ministry of Magic?
(a) Hogwarts' High Inquisitor.
(b) Divination Professor.
(c) Headmistress of Hogwarts.
(d) Assistant Minister of Magic.
13. Where are the children sent to wait for more news about Mr. Weasley's condition after his attack?
(a) Little Whinging.
(b) Diagon Alley.
(c) A safehouse in Hogsmeade.
(d) Sirius' house.
14. In Hagrid's first lesson, what kind of creature does he show the children in the Forbidden Forest?
15. What does Harry discover about the pain he feels in his scar on occasion?
(a) It hurts whenever someone tries to cast a dark spell on him.
(b) It occurs when he is linked to Voldemort's moods.
(c) It hurts when he thinks about painful memories, particularly of his parents.
(d) Whenever he is under duress, it starts to burn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ginny chastise Harry when they sit down to eat over the holidays?
2. Who appears unexpectedly during the hearing to come to Harry's aid?
3. Why does Harry fight with Professor Umbridge during the Defense Against the Dark Arts class?
4. What does Hagrid learn about his mother on his trip?
5. Why do Harry and friends advise Sirius against coming to visit them disguised as a black dog?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)