|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry do to earn another week of detention with Professor Umbridge?
(a) Argues that Minister Fudge is under Voldemort's control.
(b) Protests a demerit of five points from Gryffindor House.
(c) Fails to complete any of his assignments because his hand hurts too much.
(d) Gets into a fist fight with Draco Malfoy over Sirius' whereabouts.
2. Why did Harry's friends neglect to respond to his letters?
(a) Hedwig wasn't able to deliver Harry's letters because of the Ministry of Magic.
(b) Dumbledore was worried their messages would be intercepted.
(c) The Dursleys stole the letters that Hedwig was bringing back to Harry.
(d) They were tired of him whining about his problems and wanted a break.
3. Why did Percy have a falling out with his parents?
(a) He doesn't want to be associated with such a poor family.
(b) He wants to marry a muggle and give up magic.
(c) Due to his promotion within the Ministry of Magic.
(d) He turned in his brother for illegal dragon smuggling.
4. What favor does Hermione ask Harry to do for the Hogwarts students?
(a) Stop bragging all the time about his exploits.
(b) Stop talking about Voldemort and scaring the students.
(c) Get along with Umbridge so that Minister Fudge will be less suspicious of Dumbledore.
(d) Teach the students a different version of Defense Against the Dark Arts.
5. What do the members of the Order realize while exchanging gifts?
(a) That Mrs. Weasley has knit socks instead of sweaters.
(b) That Hermione doesn't celebrate Christmas and is offended by the holiday.
(c) That Kreacher has been absent for some time.
(d) That Harry has bought them each overpriced gifts to alleviate his sense of guilt.
6. Why is Harry secretly upset in Chapter 9?
(a) Sirius isn't spending enough time with him.
(b) He doesn't want to be the "chosen one" any longer.
(c) Ron and Hermione are named Gryffindor prefects.
(d) He has fallen in love with Hermione.
7. Where does Harry have to travel in Chapter 7?
(a) The Ministry of Magic.
8. What do Sirius and Mrs. Weasley argue about in Chapter Five?
(a) Whether Sirius should be allowed to leave the Order's Headquarters.
(b) Whether Harry should attend Hogwarts the coming year.
(c) Whether Harry should be given more information about Voldemort.
(d) Whether Harry is old enough to stay up with the adults.
9. What makes Aunt Petunia decide Harry must be allowed to stay?
(a) A visit from Hagrid.
(b) A Howler which says "Remember my last, Petunia".
(c) An owl from Dumbledore reminding her why Harry's mother died.
(d) A formal request from the Ministry of Magic.
10. How many goals does the Gryffindor Quidditch team score in their first match of the season?
11. The Order of the Phoenix Headquarters are housed in the ancestral home of which character?
(a) Mrs. Weasley.
(b) Sirius Black.
(c) Mundungus Fletcher.
(d) Severus Snape.
12. What explanation does Hagrid give for his extended absence?
(a) He was on vacation with his new love, Madame Maxime.
(b) He was in the mountains speaking to the giants for Dumbledore.
(c) He was gone because he was poisoned by a large spider over the summer and needed time to recover.
(d) He was visiting the mountains to make sure Norbert was well cared for.
13. Who do the children run into while visiting their former professor at the hospital mental ward?
(a) Bellatrix LeStrange.
(b) Cho Chang.
(c) Neville Longbottom.
(d) Professor McGonagall.
14. Where does Hermione come up with the plan to alert Dumbledore's Army members of their meeting schedule?
(a) By studying the gnomes of Little Whinging.
(b) By reading ancient Gryffindor texts concealed in the Room of Requirement.
(c) By following a system Vodlemort uses to call his Death Eaters.
(d) By asking Professor Umbridge for guidance.
15. Why is Dobby wearing so many clothes when he sees Harry in Chapter 18?
(a) To express his delight in his own freedom from slavery.
(b) Because the other house elves are offended by what Hermione is doing.
(c) Because Umbridge is forcing the house elves to sleep outside.
(d) Because the house elves' quarters are not heated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do members of the Slytherin House do during the match that fiercely demoralizes Ron?
2. Why does Harry fight with Professor Umbridge during the Defense Against the Dark Arts class?
3. Why is the Gryffindor Quidditch practice cancelled?
4. Why does Mrs. Weasley shout at her husband while visiting him in the hospital?
5. What mistake does Ron make during the first Quidditch practice that results in it being canceled?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)