|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when McGonagall tries to discipline Harry and George for their poor sportsmanship?
(a) She is interrupted by an attacking troll.
(b) Dumbledore grants them a pardon.
(c) Umbridge comes in and takes over.
(d) They use Floo Powder and travel to the Order for help.
2. Who is appointed the new Gryffindor Quidditch seeker before Christmas break?
(a) Cho Chang.
(b) Fred Weasley.
(c) Ginny Weasley.
(d) Draco Malfoy.
3. What Ministry employee has been sent to Hogwarts as the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?
(a) Cornelius Fudge.
(b) Percy Weasley.
(c) Mr. Weasley.
(d) Dolores Umbridge.
4. What final cautionary advice does Hermione give Hagrid before leaving?
(a) To tone down his lessons because Umbridge may not approve of his curriculum.
(b) Be careful at the Hog's Head Tavern because there are spies there.
(c) Umbridge will not like him if she learns he is part-giant.
(d) A new type of creature rumored to be lurking in the Forbidden Forest may be dangerous.
5. After learning of the attack on Mr. Weasley, why does Dumbledore send former Headmaster paintings to search for him?
(a) Because he is too afraid of Voldemort to go look himself.
(b) Because it doesn't matter if something attacks a painting since they're already dead.
(c) Because the paintings are more trustworthy than the Order of the Phoenix.
(d) Because the paintings can appear in any frame that bears their name.
6. How many owls did Harry receive after returning home from the dementor attack?
7. To whom does Harry write letters at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Ron, Hermione, and Sirius.
(b) Ron, Dumbledore and Hagrid.
(c) Dumbledore, Hagrid and Hermione.
(d) Hermione, Sirius and Dumbledore.
8. Why are the children forced to wait for news, rather than being allowed to rush straight to the hospital to see Mr. Weasley?
(a) So that if he dies at the hospital, they aren't traumatized.
(b) So that no one will suspect anything about why they already know about the attack.
(c) Mrs. Weasley wants to focus on her husband rather than worry about her family's safety.
(d) Because it's too dangerous for Harry to go out in public.
9. Why did Percy have a falling out with his parents?
(a) He doesn't want to be associated with such a poor family.
(b) He turned in his brother for illegal dragon smuggling.
(c) Due to his promotion within the Ministry of Magic.
(d) He wants to marry a muggle and give up magic.
10. Where does Hermione come up with the plan to alert Dumbledore's Army members of their meeting schedule?
(a) By reading ancient Gryffindor texts concealed in the Room of Requirement.
(b) By asking Professor Umbridge for guidance.
(c) By studying the gnomes of Little Whinging.
(d) By following a system Vodlemort uses to call his Death Eaters.
11. Just before leaving for the holidays, who does Harry dream is attacked by a giant snake?
(a) Mrs. Weasley.
(b) Aunt Petunia.
(c) Arthur Weasley.
(d) Professor Snape.
12. What makes Aunt Petunia decide Harry must be allowed to stay?
(a) A Howler which says "Remember my last, Petunia".
(b) An owl from Dumbledore reminding her why Harry's mother died.
(c) A formal request from the Ministry of Magic.
(d) A visit from Hagrid.
13. Who do the children run into while visiting their former professor at the hospital mental ward?
(a) Professor McGonagall.
(b) Bellatrix LeStrange.
(c) Cho Chang.
(d) Neville Longbottom.
14. At the last D.A. meeting before the holidays, why does Cho break down while talking to Harry?
(a) Because she is so sad that Harry doesn't have a family to go home to.
(b) She learned that Umbridge is thinking of expelling her from Hogwarts.
(c) Because of her previous boyfriend's death.
(d) She had a vision something horrible would happen when they return after break.
15. What accusation from Filch does Cho defend Harry against?
(a) That he was buying Dungbombs.
(b) Sneaking into the girls' dormitory.
(c) Sneaking into Hogsmeade.
(d) Cheating in Potions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the current leader of the giants of great concern to Dumbledore?
2. Who appears unexpectedly during the hearing to come to Harry's aid?
3. Why does Harry get into a fight with Seamus Finnigan?
4. Why does Mrs. Weasley shout at her husband while visiting him in the hospital?
5. Why does Sirius end up escorting Ron, Harry and Hermione to the train station?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)