|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 "Snape's Worst Memory".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Aunt Petunia decide Harry must be allowed to stay?
(a) An owl from Dumbledore reminding her why Harry's mother died.
(b) A formal request from the Ministry of Magic.
(c) A Howler which says "Remember my last, Petunia".
(d) A visit from Hagrid.
2. What does Dumbledore tell Harry when they speak after the hearing?
(a) That he will need Harry's assistance this year to protect the students at Hogwarts.
(b) The dark times ahead will require vigilance against false friends.
(c) They don't speak. Dumbledore leaves without even looking at Harry.
(d) That he needs to guard carefully against trickery from the Ministry.
3. What does Dumbledore do to get Harry out of trouble?
(a) Claims he created the D.A. and is trying to overthrow Minister Fudge.
(b) Helps Harry escape through the secret tunnel in his office.
(c) Casts a forgetting spell on everyone in the room.
(d) Threatens Fudge with a secret that Fudge doesn't want revealed to the wizarding world.
4. What Ministry employee has been sent to Hogwarts as the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?
(a) Dolores Umbridge.
(b) Mr. Weasley.
(c) Cornelius Fudge.
(d) Percy Weasley.
5. Why is it difficult for Harry to summon his Patronus Charm?
(a) Because his wand is broken.
(b) Because he is so sad.
(c) Because he doesn't study enough.
(d) Because he doesn't want to save his cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the action of Chapter 1 take place?
2. Why did Harry's friends neglect to respond to his letters?
3. What does the Sorting Hat do in Chapter 11 that is unusual?
4. Why is Sirius the happiest Harry has ever seen during the holidays?
5. What does Ron express an interest in becoming once he's graduated from Hogwarts?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)