|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 "Snape's Worst Memory".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change does the Educational Decree Number Twenty-four enact?
(a) Announces that all teachers are now on probation pending further review.
(b) Dissolves the House Cup competition for the remainder of the school year.
(c) Disbands all student clubs, teams and organizations.
(d) Institutes an 8pm curfew for all students.
2. What does Hermione advise Harry to do when she learns he is still dreaming about the hallway inside the Ministry?
(a) Stop being a silly boy and wake himself up when he starts having the dream.
(b) Speak to Snape about raising the intensity of his Occlumency training.
(c) Keep quiet about the dreams since he's supposed to be learning to stop them.
(d) Tell Dumbledore immediately so he can warn the Ministry to protect what's inside.
3. What does the Sorting Hat do in Chapter 11 that is unusual?
(a) Sorts nearly all the first-years into Gryffindor House so they'll fight Voldemort.
(b) Refuses to sort a student because he is a mudblood.
(c) Makes a political announcement demanding the freedom of elves.
(d) Sings a song about an impending threat to the school.
4. Why does Ginny chastise Harry when they sit down to eat over the holidays?
(a) Because he promised he would give her lessons to make her a better Seeker.
(b) Because he isn't moving on his feelings for Cho and it's painfully obvious he should.
(c) Because he hasn't talked to her and she's the only other person that's been possessed by Voldemort.
(d) Because he is putting the entire Order in danger by remaining at the headquarters.
5. What happens when Umbridge learns of the newspaper article about Harry's encounter with Voldemort?
(a) She assigns Harry to another two months of detention.
(b) She vows to make the newspaper reprint the article with the "truth" about Harry's lies.
(c) She tries to expel Harry from Hogwarts but is stopped by Dumbledore.
(d) She flies into a rage and forbids him from any future outings to Hogsmeade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it difficult for Harry to summon his Patronus Charm?
2. What space does Harry discover that is perfect for D.A. meetings?
3. What one piece of good news do the main characters learn after being fiercely disciplined for attacking Malfoy?
4. What does Harry do to earn another week of detention with Professor Umbridge?
5. Why does Sirius end up escorting Ron, Harry and Hermione to the train station?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)