|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 "The Eye of the Snake".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hagrid's first lesson, what kind of creature does he show the children in the Forbidden Forest?
2. Why do Harry and friends advise Sirius against coming to visit them disguised as a black dog?
(a) Because Professor Umbridge has spectacles that can see through disguises.
(b) Because they believe Malfoy can see through the disguise.
(c) Harry wants his godfather to stop constantly looking over his shoulder.
(d) Because Harry is embarrassed that Malfoy is a prefect and he is not.
3. To whom does Harry write letters at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Ron, Dumbledore and Hagrid.
(b) Hermione, Sirius and Dumbledore.
(c) Ron, Hermione, and Sirius.
(d) Dumbledore, Hagrid and Hermione.
4. What does Umbridge taunt Snape about when she sits in on his Potions class?
(a) She thinks potions are ineffectual and not "real magic".
(b) He has a sister imprisoned at Azkaban.
(c) That he was not a particularly talented student when he attended Hogwarts.
(d) His having been passed over for the Defense Against the Darks Arts position several times.
5. In Chapter 13, what secret of Ron's does Harry learn?
(a) Ron has secretly been practicing to become the new Gryffindor Seeker.
(b) That Ron is thinking of leaving Hogwarts to pursue professional football.
(c) Ron has been cheating in Occlumency.
(d) Ron is secretly in love with Hermione.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sirius and Mrs. Weasley argue about in Chapter Five?
2. What space does Harry discover that is perfect for D.A. meetings?
3. What prevents Hagrid from making good progress towards achieving his mission?
4. Why does Harry arrive late to his hearing?
5. What travel method was used to escort Harry from the Dursleys' home to the Order of the Phoenix?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)