|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "The Lion and the Serpent".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems strange about Harry facing the Wizengamot?
(a) They're all taking photos of him throughout the hearing.
(b) Underage magic would usually only merit a small disciplinary hearing.
(c) Several of them are convicted Death Eaters.
(d) The Wizengamot has not been convened in over 100 years.
2. How did the Black family's beliefs differ from those of Sirius?
(a) They were fervent supporters of the pure blood movement and dark wizards.
(b) They wanted all house elves to be freed from slavery.
(c) They wanted Dumbledore to serve as the Minister of Magic.
(d) They supported sending all mudbloods to Azkaban for life.
3. What does Cho Chang tell Harry at the end of Chapter 18 that makes him secretly happy?
(a) That she doesn't blame him for Cedric's death.
(b) That she has always liked him, which secretly delights him.
(c) That she has a crush on George.
(d) That he makes her nervous.
4. Why is Harry secretly upset in Chapter 9?
(a) Ron and Hermione are named Gryffindor prefects.
(b) He doesn't want to be the "chosen one" any longer.
(c) He has fallen in love with Hermione.
(d) Sirius isn't spending enough time with him.
5. What does the Sorting Hat do in Chapter 11 that is unusual?
(a) Refuses to sort a student because he is a mudblood.
(b) Sorts nearly all the first-years into Gryffindor House so they'll fight Voldemort.
(c) Sings a song about an impending threat to the school.
(d) Makes a political announcement demanding the freedom of elves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What person was in disguise watching the children during their first meeting of Dumbledore's Army?
2. Where does Hermione come up with the plan to alert Dumbledore's Army members of their meeting schedule?
3. What mistake does Ron make during the first Quidditch practice that results in it being canceled?
4. In Chapter 13, Hermione chastises Fred and George for a new product they have developed and are testing on first-year students. What product are they testing on the first-years?
5. Who appears unexpectedly during the hearing to come to Harry's aid?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)