|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "The Lion and the Serpent".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do George and Fred keep taking things they find in the Black House?
(a) They think the items might be useful in starting their joke shop.
(b) They intend to sell them on Diagon Alley for pocket change.
(c) They want to destroy anything that might be associated with the Dark Arts.
(d) They need decorations for their room at Hogwarts.
2. What change does the Educational Decree Number Twenty-four enact?
(a) Disbands all student clubs, teams and organizations.
(b) Dissolves the House Cup competition for the remainder of the school year.
(c) Institutes an 8pm curfew for all students.
(d) Announces that all teachers are now on probation pending further review.
3. How many goals does the Gryffindor Quidditch team score in their first match of the season?
4. What does Harry do to earn another week of detention with Professor Umbridge?
(a) Gets into a fist fight with Draco Malfoy over Sirius' whereabouts.
(b) Protests a demerit of five points from Gryffindor House.
(c) Argues that Minister Fudge is under Voldemort's control.
(d) Fails to complete any of his assignments because his hand hurts too much.
5. What special device do Harry and Mr. Weasley use to enter the building for Harry's disciplinary hearing?
(a) Floo powder.
(b) A shrinking door.
(c) The newest Nimbus broomstick.
(d) A magical "broken" phone booth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what secret of Ron's does Harry learn?
2. Who appears unexpectedly during the hearing to come to Harry's aid?
3. Why did Percy have a falling out with his parents?
4. How did the Black family's beliefs differ from those of Sirius?
5. What does Harry discover about the pain he feels in his scar on occasion?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)