|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 "The Lion and the Serpent".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Gryffindor Quidditch practice cancelled?
(a) Because the team has not been given permission to reform.
(b) Because Ron injures another teammate.
(c) Because Umbridge has forbidden all sporting activities during the academic week.
(d) Because dementors have been spotted lurking around Hogwarts.
2. How many goals does the Gryffindor Quidditch team score in their first match of the season?
3. Why does Harry get into a fight with Seamus Finnigan?
(a) Harry wants a room to himself because of his nightmares.
(b) Seamus' mother believes the nasty things that have been written about Harry and Dumbledore.
(c) Seamus decides to go out for Gryffindor seeker to try to upstage Harry.
(d) Seamus calls Harry a murderer and a thief.
4. What does Harry discover about the pain he feels in his scar on occasion?
(a) It hurts when he thinks about painful memories, particularly of his parents.
(b) Whenever he is under duress, it starts to burn.
(c) It hurts whenever someone tries to cast a dark spell on him.
(d) It occurs when he is linked to Voldemort's moods.
5. To whom does Harry write letters at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Ron, Dumbledore and Hagrid.
(b) Ron, Hermione, and Sirius.
(c) Dumbledore, Hagrid and Hermione.
(d) Hermione, Sirius and Dumbledore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during Potions class that gives Snape an opportunity to humiliate Harry?
2. What does the boggart reveal about Mrs. Weasley?
3. What happens when McGonagall tries to discipline Harry and George for their poor sportsmanship?
4. Harry is surprised by the number of students that come to the first meeting; how many showed up?
5. Who appears unexpectedly during the hearing to come to Harry's aid?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)