|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "Detention with Dolores" | Chapter 14 "Percy and Padfoot".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the action of Chapter 1 take place?
(c) Little Whinging.
2. What Ministry employee has been sent to Hogwarts as the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?
(a) Cornelius Fudge.
(b) Percy Weasley.
(c) Mr. Weasley.
(d) Dolores Umbridge.
3. Why does Harry fight with Professor Umbridge during the Defense Against the Dark Arts class?
(a) Harry doesn't like the textbook she has chosen for the class.
(b) That Umbridge voted against Harry during his hearing.
(c) Because Umbridge doesn't think house elfs should have citizen rights.
(d) Because Harry believes Voldemort has returned.
4. What mistake does Ron make during the first Quidditch practice that results in it being canceled?
(a) Ron accidentally scores for the wrong side.
(b) Ron falls off his broom and breaks his arm.
(c) Ron flies into a classroom window and disrupts a lecture.
(d) Ron hits his teammate in the face with a Quaffle, causing her to have a nosebleed.
5. Why did Percy have a falling out with his parents?
(a) He turned in his brother for illegal dragon smuggling.
(b) He doesn't want to be associated with such a poor family.
(c) He wants to marry a muggle and give up magic.
(d) Due to his promotion within the Ministry of Magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special device do Harry and Mr. Weasley use to enter the building for Harry's disciplinary hearing?
2. Why is Minister Fudge trying to undermine Dumbledore in the wizarding community?
3. Why is it difficult for Harry to summon his Patronus Charm?
4. What does Dumbledore tell Harry when they speak after the hearing?
5. How did the Black family's beliefs differ from those of Sirius?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)