|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "Detention with Dolores" | Chapter 14 "Percy and Padfoot".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Harry write letters at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Dumbledore, Hagrid and Hermione.
(b) Ron, Hermione, and Sirius.
(c) Hermione, Sirius and Dumbledore.
(d) Ron, Dumbledore and Hagrid.
2. What Ministry employee has been sent to Hogwarts as the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?
(a) Dolores Umbridge.
(b) Mr. Weasley.
(c) Percy Weasley.
(d) Cornelius Fudge.
3. What accusation from Filch does Cho defend Harry against?
(a) Cheating in Potions.
(b) That he was buying Dungbombs.
(c) Sneaking into Hogsmeade.
(d) Sneaking into the girls' dormitory.
4. What does the Sorting Hat do in Chapter 11 that is unusual?
(a) Makes a political announcement demanding the freedom of elves.
(b) Refuses to sort a student because he is a mudblood.
(c) Sorts nearly all the first-years into Gryffindor House so they'll fight Voldemort.
(d) Sings a song about an impending threat to the school.
5. Why does Harry fight with Professor Umbridge during the Defense Against the Dark Arts class?
(a) Because Harry believes Voldemort has returned.
(b) That Umbridge voted against Harry during his hearing.
(c) Because Umbridge doesn't think house elfs should have citizen rights.
(d) Harry doesn't like the textbook she has chosen for the class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special device do Harry and Mr. Weasley use to enter the building for Harry's disciplinary hearing?
2. Why is Harry secretly upset in Chapter 9?
3. Why does Sirius end up escorting Ron, Harry and Hermione to the train station?
4. In Chapter 13, what secret of Ron's does Harry learn?
5. What does the boggart reveal about Mrs. Weasley?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)