|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 "Fight and Flight".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Umbridge demand from Snape in order to interrogate Harry?
(a) That Snape help her torture Harry.
(b) A bottle of truth potion.
(c) A potion to make Harry believe she is his best friend.
(d) A dark arts device hidden in the dungeon.
2. Why does Harry arrive late to his hearing?
(a) The time and location are changed without notice.
(b) The shrinking door will not allow them to enter.
(c) They have to run from dementors.
(d) He gets up late in the morning.
3. Why is Harry exasperated with Cho after their first date?
(a) Because she insists on paying for half of everything.
(b) Because she only talks about girly subjects Harry doesn't identify with.
(c) Because she doesn't really seem to be interested in Harry.
(d) Because it ends with her leaving in tears.
4. How does Hermione trick Umbridge into stopping her plans to torture Harry?
(a) By pretending to turn on her friends and sell them out.
(b) By acting as though she'd fainted in order to get hold of a wand.
(c) By acting as though she is possessed by the ghost of Umbridge's mother.
(d) By convincing her they know the whereabouts of a weapon Dumbledore seeks.
5. Who appears unexpectedly during the hearing to come to Harry's aid?
(b) Mrs. Weasley.
(c) Sirius Black.
(d) Albus Dumbledore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Hagrid give for his extended absence?
2. What suspicious character is Minister Fudge talking to when Harry leaves his hearing?
3. What travel method was used to escort Harry from the Dursleys' home to the Order of the Phoenix?
4. Why did Harry's friends neglect to respond to his letters?
5. Why does Mrs. Weasley shout at her husband while visiting him in the hospital?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)