|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 "Fight and Flight".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry discover when he goes to the infirmary to tell McGonagall about his dream?
(a) Umbridge has restricted visitors for McGonagall.
(b) Visiting hours are over and there is a large dog guarding the hallway.
(c) She has been transferred to the hospital.
(d) McGonagall has been fired.
2. What does Umbridge taunt Snape about when she sits in on his Potions class?
(a) That he was not a particularly talented student when he attended Hogwarts.
(b) She thinks potions are ineffectual and not "real magic".
(c) He has a sister imprisoned at Azkaban.
(d) His having been passed over for the Defense Against the Darks Arts position several times.
3. What space does Harry discover that is perfect for D.A. meetings?
(a) Dumbledore's office.
(b) A small cabin in the Forbidden Forest.
(c) The Room of Requirement.
(d) The Divination classroom.
4. Why does Sirius end up escorting Ron, Harry and Hermione to the train station?
(a) Threats against Harry's life have been received at Hogwarts.
(b) He wants an opportunity to stretch his legs after being cooped up inside.
(c) The assigned guard fails to report for duty.
(d) He wants an opportunity to rebel against Mrs. Weasley and all her rules.
5. What macabre punishment does Umbridge assign to Harry as part of his detention?
(a) To write "I must not tell lies" with an enchanted pen that carves the words into his flesh.
(b) To torment house elves by taunting them with articles of clothing that they cannot have.
(c) To clean the floors of Umbridge's classroom with a cleaner that causes his skin to break out in boils.
(d) To write "I am a foul liar" on every blackboard at Hogwarts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Snape to leave Harry's Occlumency lesson after Umbridge is appointed Headmaster?
2. What official is unexpectedly present when Harry is caught holding meetings of the D.A.?
3. What is Umbridge's first action upon being named the new Headmaster of Hogwarts?
4. What does Hagrid learn about his mother on his trip?
5. In Chapter 13, Hermione chastises Fred and George for a new product they have developed and are testing on first-year students. What product are they testing on the first-years?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)