|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Educational Decree Number Twenty-four".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems strange about Harry facing the Wizengamot?
(a) Several of them are convicted Death Eaters.
(b) The Wizengamot has not been convened in over 100 years.
(c) Underage magic would usually only merit a small disciplinary hearing.
(d) They're all taking photos of him throughout the hearing.
2. Why does Sirius end up escorting Ron, Harry and Hermione to the train station?
(a) The assigned guard fails to report for duty.
(b) He wants an opportunity to rebel against Mrs. Weasley and all her rules.
(c) Threats against Harry's life have been received at Hogwarts.
(d) He wants an opportunity to stretch his legs after being cooped up inside.
3. Why doesn't Harry end up sitting with Ron and Hermione on the train?
(a) Luna Lovegood corners him to speak privately about occlumency.
(b) They have to go to the prefects' car for instructions.
(c) They have a quarrel while boarding and leave him by himself.
(d) He wants to spend some time alone planning for the coming year.
4. What does the boggart reveal about Mrs. Weasley?
(a) Her children are not all biologically hers.
(b) She was Lily Potter's best friend and misses her terribly.
(c) She is acting as a spy under Voldemort's influence.
(d) She is worried her family will die fighting Voldemort.
5. What special device do Harry and Mr. Weasley use to enter the building for Harry's disciplinary hearing?
(a) A shrinking door.
(b) Floo powder.
(c) The newest Nimbus broomstick.
(d) A magical "broken" phone booth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Percy have a falling out with his parents?
2. What do Harry and friends see in the flames while speaking with Sirius that alarms them?
3. In Chapter 13, what secret of Ron's does Harry learn?
4. What does Umbridge taunt Snape about when she sits in on his Potions class?
5. Why is Harry secretly upset in Chapter 9?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)