|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Educational Decree Number Twenty-four".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Harry end up sitting with Ron and Hermione on the train?
(a) They have a quarrel while boarding and leave him by himself.
(b) He wants to spend some time alone planning for the coming year.
(c) They have to go to the prefects' car for instructions.
(d) Luna Lovegood corners him to speak privately about occlumency.
2. What is the correct address for Chapter Four's location?
(a) Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place.
(b) Number Thirteen, Diagon Alley.
(c) Number Twelve, Knockturn Alley.
(d) Number Eleven, Wizarding Row.
3. In Chapter 13, what secret of Ron's does Harry learn?
(a) That Ron is thinking of leaving Hogwarts to pursue professional football.
(b) Ron has secretly been practicing to become the new Gryffindor Seeker.
(c) Ron has been cheating in Occlumency.
(d) Ron is secretly in love with Hermione.
4. What change does the Educational Decree Number Twenty-four enact?
(a) Disbands all student clubs, teams and organizations.
(b) Announces that all teachers are now on probation pending further review.
(c) Institutes an 8pm curfew for all students.
(d) Dissolves the House Cup competition for the remainder of the school year.
5. What does Dumbledore tell Harry when they speak after the hearing?
(a) They don't speak. Dumbledore leaves without even looking at Harry.
(b) That he will need Harry's assistance this year to protect the students at Hogwarts.
(c) The dark times ahead will require vigilance against false friends.
(d) That he needs to guard carefully against trickery from the Ministry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special device do Harry and Mr. Weasley use to enter the building for Harry's disciplinary hearing?
2. What does Umbridge taunt Snape about when she sits in on his Potions class?
3. Where does Harry have to travel in Chapter 7?
4. What accusation from Filch does Cho defend Harry against?
5. What macabre punishment does Umbridge assign to Harry as part of his detention?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)