|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Snape say Cedric Diggory killed in the Battle of Hogwarts in Act III, Scene 5?
2. What is the name of the snake of Voldmort's that was supposed to be killed, according to Scorpius in Act III, Scene 5?
3. Who tells Scorpius she wants him to take her to the Blood Ball in Act III, Scene 2?
4. Whose invisibility cloak does Albus don in Act II, Scene 16?
5. What setting is established in the stage directions for Act III, Scene 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Hermione's character changed in Act II, Scene 11?
2. What do Harry and his friends learn from speaking with Amos in Act III, Scene 18?
3. What demand does Harry make of Professor McGonagall in Act II, Scene 10?
4. What is revealed by the prophesy in Act III, Scene 21? What does this signify?
5. What is a "two-part play"? How would a two-part play such as Harry Potter and the Cursed Child be produced in performance?
6. What is said in the exchange between Albus and Harry in Act III, Scene 11?
7. What are Delphi's actions, objectives, and obstacles in Act III, Scene 16?
8. What is relayed to the audience through subtext in Act II, Scene 17?
9. How do Albus and Scorpius manage to make contact with one another and to communicate in Act II, Scene 16?
10. How has Scorpius's status at Hogwarts changed in Act III, Scenes 2 through 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it significant that Albus is placed in the House of Slytherin? How does Harry respond to Albus's placement? How does Albus feel about being in Slytherin? How do his peers respond?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the character of Delphi in the play. Where does Albus first meet Delphi? What are Delphi's actions, objectives, and obstacles in the story? What is the outcome that Delphi faces in the end of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of time-travel in the play. What are Albus and Scorpius's objective when they first use the Time-Turner? Do they achieve their objective? Why or why not? What are the repercussions of time-travel in the story?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)