|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became Lord Voldemort, according to Harry in Act II, Scene 15?
2. What is the setting for Act II, Scene 11?
3. Whose invisibility cloak does Albus don in Act II, Scene 16?
4. What is the setting established in the stage directions for Act III, Scene 10?
5. What does Scorpius say Cedric Diggory became as a result of being humiliated out of the Triwizard Tournament in Act III, Scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed by the prophesy in Act III, Scene 21? What does this signify?
2. What spell does Albus perform when he and Scorpius go back in time in Act II, Scene 20? Why?
3. What demand does Harry make of Professor McGonagall in Act II, Scene 10?
4. What does Delphi reveal about her history and her plans in Act III, Scene 19?
5. How does Scorpius respond when he finds himself in the lake with Albus in Act III, Scene 9?
6. What is said in the exchange between Albus and Harry in Act III, Scene 11?
7. How does Albus intend to right the wrong he has made in Act II, Scene 16?
8. What is significant about the salute repeated by the characters in Act III, Scene 1?
9. What information does Scorpius relate to Severus Snape in Act III, Scene 5?
10. What symbolism can be seen in Act II, Scene 12? Why does the playwright include this scene in the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it significant that Albus is placed in the House of Slytherin? How does Harry respond to Albus's placement? How does Albus feel about being in Slytherin? How do his peers respond?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Scorpius Malfoy in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. How old is Scorpius in the beginning of the play? How would you describe Scorpius's demeanor? How does Scorpius grow as a character in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of family in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. What does family mean to the main characters? What are the struggles that the families in the play face? How are these struggles overcome?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)