|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form is Lily's Patronus said to be in Act III, Scene 9?
2. Who claims in Act II, Scene 11 of Albus, "He hates Gryffindor and everyone knows it"?
3. What is the setting for Act II, Scene 14?
4. What position does Scorpius say Harry Potter holds in the world where he is from in Act III, Scene 7?
5. Where are Albus and Scorpius determined to be on the map in Act II, Scene 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What symbolism can be seen in Act II, Scene 12? Why does the playwright include this scene in the play?
2. What do Harry and his friends learn from speaking with Amos in Act III, Scene 18?
3. What does Scorpius learn about Cedric's history after the Triwizard Tournament from Snape in Act III, Scene 5?
4. How has Scorpius's status at Hogwarts changed in Act III, Scenes 2 through 5?
5. What spell does Albus perform when he and Scorpius go back in time in Act II, Scene 20? Why?
6. What is revealed by the prophesy in Act III, Scene 21? What does this signify?
7. Why does Draco come to speak with Harry in Act II, Scene 13? What leads to the conflict between these characters?
8. What is a "two-part play"? How would a two-part play such as Harry Potter and the Cursed Child be produced in performance?
9. What is significant about the salute repeated by the characters in Act III, Scene 1?
10. How does Scorpius respond when he finds himself in the lake with Albus in Act III, Scene 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the plot structure of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Where in the narrative are the exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and denouement? How does the two-part structure of the play impact its plot structure?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Rose Granger-Weasel in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. How old is Rose when the story begins? How does Rose change as she grows older? What role does Rose play in the plot of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the dream sequences that occur in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Who is dreaming in the dream scenes? How does the playwright indicate that these scenes are dreams? What is revealed in the dream sequences?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)