|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims in Act II, Scene 11 of Albus, "He hates Gryffindor and everyone knows it"?
2. In whose room at the St. Oswald's Home for Old Witches and Wizards is Act III, Scene 18 set?
3. What "sacred pledge" does the Headmistress avow in the end of Act III, Scene 1?
4. Who were Draco's best friends when he attended Hogworts?
5. What is the setting for Act III, Scene 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the salute repeated by the characters in Act III, Scene 1?
2. How does Scorpius describe the alternate universe where he landed in Act III, Scene 14? What does he propose to do about the Time-Turner?
3. What is a "two-part play"? How would a two-part play such as Harry Potter and the Cursed Child be produced in performance?
4. How does Scorpius respond when he finds himself in the lake with Albus in Act III, Scene 9?
5. How and why does Hermione sacrifice herself in Act III, Scene 9? Who stays with her?
6. What do Harry and his friends learn from speaking with Amos in Act III, Scene 18?
7. What information does Scorpius relate to Severus Snape in Act III, Scene 5?
8. What leads to the conflict between Harry and Ginny in Act III, Scene 15?
9. What plan does Hermione devise to correct history in Act III, Scene 7?
10. What does Delphi reveal about her history and her plans in Act III, Scene 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are the rumors about Scorpius's parentage important in the play? How do these rumors affect Scorpius at Hogwarts? How are these rumors eventually laid to rest?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Scorpius Malfoy in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. How old is Scorpius in the beginning of the play? How would you describe Scorpius's demeanor? How does Scorpius grow as a character in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of symbolism and imagery in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. What are some of the significant symbols that appear in the story? What do they represent? How is imagery used in developing character and setting?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)