|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Scorpius she wants him to take her to the Blood Ball in Act III, Scene 2?
2. What is the setting described in the stage directions for Act III, Scene 17?
3. What magical word does Delphi say in order to have Albus bound in luminous cords in Act III, Scene 16?
4. What is the setting established in the stage directions for Act II, Scene 13?
5. What setting is established in the stage directions for Act III, Scene 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Delphi's actions, objectives, and obstacles in Act III, Scene 16?
2. What plan does Hermione devise to correct history in Act III, Scene 7?
3. How has Scorpius's status at Hogwarts changed in Act III, Scenes 2 through 5?
4. What is said in the exchange between Albus and Harry in Act III, Scene 11?
5. How has the world changed when Scorpius returns to the present in Act II, Scene 20?
6. How does Scorpius describe the alternate universe where he landed in Act III, Scene 14? What does he propose to do about the Time-Turner?
7. How does Albus intend to right the wrong he has made in Act II, Scene 16?
8. How does Scorpius respond when he finds himself in the lake with Albus in Act III, Scene 9?
9. What is a "two-part play"? How would a two-part play such as Harry Potter and the Cursed Child be produced in performance?
10. What symbolism can be seen in Act II, Scene 12? Why does the playwright include this scene in the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that Lord Voldemort plays in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. What threat does Lord Voldemort present to the main characters? How does Lord Voldemort appear in the course of the play? What becomes of Voldemort?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the character of Albus Potter in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. How old is Albus when the play begins? How much does he age in the course of the narrative? How does Albus's character evolve in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Rose Granger-Weasel in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. How old is Rose when the story begins? How does Rose change as she grows older? What role does Rose play in the plot of the story?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)