|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pains Harry when he awakens in Act I, Scene 9?
2. What has Madam Pomfrey left for Albus to eat in Act II, Scene 8?
3. What is the setting for Act II, Scene 3?
4. What is the setting for the dream in Act I, Scene 8?
5. What company does Ron run in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the plan that Albus and Scorpius have developed to undertake when they go back in time in Act II, Scene 4?
2. What is the setting for Act I, Scene 2? How does the Potter family reach this setting?
3. How does the playwright incorporate the audience into the action of the play? What effects does this have?
4. How does Ginny respond when she awakens after Harry's dream in Act I, Scene 9? Why?
5. How does Amos Diggory regard Albus and his proposed mission in Act I, Scene 14? Why?
6. What rumors have been circulating regarding Scorpius? How does Scorpius feel about the rumors?
7. What role did J.K Rowling play in the development of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child?
8. Why does Albus tell Scorpius they need to depart the train in Act I, Scene 10?
9. Describe the genre of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. What form does the work take?
10. What takes place in Harry's dream in Act II, Scene 1? Where is the dream set?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of family in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. What does family mean to the main characters? What are the struggles that the families in the play face? How are these struggles overcome?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of symbolism and imagery in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. What are some of the significant symbols that appear in the story? What do they represent? How is imagery used in developing character and setting?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. What is the history between these characters? How does their relationship evolve in the course of the play? Would you characterize Draco as a protagonist or antagonist in this story? Why?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)