|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What setting is established in the stage directions for Act II, Scene 8?
2. What is the setting established in the stage directions for Act I, Scene 15?
3. Who are pushing the trolleys with the cages in the opening of Act I, Scene 1?
4. Whom does the Trolley Witch say offered her a job on the Hogwarts Express when it first came to be in Act I, Scene 11?
5. Who speaks to Harry from a painting on the wall in Act II, Scene 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who stands as an obstacle to Harry and Scorpius in Act I, Scene 11? How does this character act as an obstacle?
2. What is the setting of Act I, Scene1? How is the setting described?
3. Describe the genre of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. What form does the work take?
4. How does Ginny respond when she awakens after Harry's dream in Act I, Scene 9? Why?
5. With whom does Harry discuss his situation with his son in Act II, Scene 8? What is said?
6. Why do Harry and his friends decide to go to Forbidden Forest in Act II, Scene 3?
7. Why has Hermione called an emergency meeting in Act I, Scene 12? How does her audience respond to the situation?
8. What is the plan that Albus and Scorpius have developed to undertake when they go back in time in Act II, Scene 4?
9. Why does Albus tell Scorpius they need to depart the train in Act I, Scene 10?
10. How is the setting of Act II, Scene 7 described? What year is it in this scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of family in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. What does family mean to the main characters? What are the struggles that the families in the play face? How are these struggles overcome?
Essay Topic 2
Why are the rumors about Scorpius's parentage important in the play? How do these rumors affect Scorpius at Hogwarts? How are these rumors eventually laid to rest?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Delphi in the play. Where does Albus first meet Delphi? What are Delphi's actions, objectives, and obstacles in the story? What is the outcome that Delphi faces in the end of the play?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)