|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What setting is established in the stage directions for Act I, Scene 11?
2. What has Madam Pomfrey left for Albus to eat in Act II, Scene 8?
3. What House is assigned to Albus by the Sorting Hat?
4. What is the magical word that Albus says to incant the Cushioning Charm in Act I, Scene 11?
5. What is the setting established in the stage directions for Act I, Scene 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Harry Potter changed since the conclusion of the novel series in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child?
2. How does Amos Diggory regard Albus and his proposed mission in Act I, Scene 14? Why?
3. Why do Harry and his friends decide to go to Forbidden Forest in Act II, Scene 3?
4. What rumors have been circulating regarding Scorpius? How does Scorpius feel about the rumors?
5. Who is Draco Malfoy and what is his relationship to Harry Potter?
6. Describe the genre of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. What form does the work take?
7. With whom does Harry discuss his situation with his son in Act II, Scene 8? What is said?
8. What do you think is Albus's true objective in using the Time-Turner? Why?
9. What is the setting for Act I, Scene 2? How does the Potter family reach this setting?
10. How does the playwright incorporate the audience into the action of the play? What effects does this have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the setting of St. Oswald’s Home for Old Witches and Wizards and the character of Amos Diggory in the play. Why do Albus and Scorpius go to see Amos at the nursing home? How does he respond to their proposed mission? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of time-travel in the play. What are Albus and Scorpius's objective when they first use the Time-Turner? Do they achieve their objective? Why or why not? What are the repercussions of time-travel in the story?
Essay Topic 3
How would you describe the relationship between Harry and Ginny Potter in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child? For how long have Harry and Ginny been married? What causes conflict in their relationship in the course of the play?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)