Act I, Scenes 1 - 7
• Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is a two-part, four-act play by Jack Thorne, based on an original story by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, and Jack Thorne.
• The play opened at the Palace Theatre in London in July of 2016 and is performed in two parts designed to be viewed on the same day or on consecutive evenings.
• Stage directions for Act I, Scene 1 establish the setting of King’s Cross, a crowded train station, as 37-year-old Harry Potter and his wife Ginny lead their children to the train.
• Harry’s sons, James and Albus are departing for their school year at Hogwarts Academy, and James teases his younger brother about possibly being chosen for the Slytherin House.
• In Act I, Scene 2, the Potter family crosses the invisible barrier and is transported to Platform Nine and Three-Quarters, where James and Albus will take the...
This section contains 3,661 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)