|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Miss Frye's usual maid whom she awaits in Chapter 1 of "The Binnacle Boy"?
(a) Sarah Peel.
(b) Tekoa Peel.
(c) Miss Mayhew.
(d) Miss Bunch.
2. Where does Miss Frye go for the first time after her visitors leave in Chapter 3 of "The Binnacle Boy"?
(b) Her front porch.
(c) Ethan's room.
(d) The docks.
3. What does the statue hold in "The Binnacle Boy"?
(a) The ship's compass.
(b) A knife.
(c) A cross.
(d) A net.
4. Who says it is important to hear the confessions so that they might find out the truth about the Orion in Chapter 3 of "The Binnacle Boy"?
(a) Miss Pike.
(b) Miss Bunch.
(c) Mrs. Stiggins.
(d) Miss Mayhew.
5. What is a disease resulting from a deficiency of vitamin C, which is required for the synthesis of collagen in humans?
(c) Yellow fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. After several months, the statue in "The Binnacle Boy" becomes a place for what?
2. "The Binnacle Boy" statue is described as being "Straight backed, ____ lipped."
3. On what condition is it agreed for Tekoa to reveal what is being confessed at the statue in Chapter 2 of "The Binnacle Boy"?
4. What refers to a magical spell, usually with malevolent purposes such as a curse?
5. Where did Miss Frye find her adopted son in "The Binnacle Boy"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tekoa's role in "The Binnacle Boy" evolve in Chapters 3 and 4?
2. What time of year is it in the beginning of "The Binnacle Boy"? How is this revealed?
3. What aspects of the climax in "The Binnacle Boy" seem unrealistic? Why?
4. How does Tekoa feel about her role as "translator" in "The Binnacle Boy"?
5. Why do the visitors in Chapter 2 of "The Binnacle Boy" say they have come?
6. What is the principle objective of the three visitors in "The Binnacle Boy"?
7. In what way does the Binnacle Boy evolve into a graven image?
8. How is the statue described in "The Binnacle Boy"? Where is it placed in Chapter 2?
9. Describe Miss Frye in "The Binnacle Boy." What is her demeanor?
10. How is the character of Ethan described in "The Binnacle Boy"?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)