|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man of Influence - chapters 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1 of "The Man of Influence," the author writes, "Rain, after all, was the enemy of" what?
2. Where does the ghost tell Zorelli he will meet him upon completion of the statue in "The Man of Influence"?
(a) At his studio.
(b) Along the road.
(c) At the bakery.
(d) At the wharf.
3. What does Zorelli suggest camouflaging after sketching the ghost on their second visit in "The Man of Influence"?
(a) His teeth.
(b) His hat.
(c) His doublet.
(d) His missing ear.
4. What refers to a kind of hammer, usually of wood, smaller than a maul or beetle and usually with a relatively large head?
5. Who owns the bookshop in town that Nicholas enjoys stopping by in "Saint Crispin's Follower"?
(a) Mr. Flinder.
(b) Mr. Quince.
(c) Mr. McPhee.
(d) Mr. Flinders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Quince goes out in to the street with the hopes of procuring what after Nicholas returns in Chapter 2 of "Saint Crispin's Follower"?
2. What is the setting of "Saint Crispin's Follower"?
3. Miss Frye's mother's assertion of men in "The Binnacle Boy" was that they "are a stench in" what?
4. What is Mr. Quince's profession?
5. Why does the ghost choose the spot he does for the statue in Chapter 3 of "The Man of Influence"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)