|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Saint Crispin's Follower - Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sailors were removed from the ship in Chapter 2 of "The Binnacle Boy"?
2. What holiday is approaching in Chapter 1 of "The Binnacle Boy"?
(a) July 4th.
(c) Flag Day.
3. What disability is Tekoa afflicted with in "The Binnacle Boy"?
4. What does the statue hold in "The Binnacle Boy"?
(a) A cross.
(b) The ship's compass.
(c) A net.
(d) A knife.
5. What is the setting of "Saint Crispin's Follower"?
(a) Charleston, South Carolina.
(b) Dayton, Ohio.
(c) Savannah, Georgia.
(d) Buffalo, New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brig is approaching the coast in the beginning of "The Binnacle Boy"?
2. What refers to tall winged leather cavalry boots which are reinforced against sword blows by use of chain mail sewn into the lining of the leather?
3. Where did Saints Crispin and Crispinian preach Christianity to the Gauls?
4. What is a class of richly decorative shuttle-woven fabrics, often made in colored silks and with or without gold and silver threads?
5. In Chapter 1 of "The Binnacle Boy," Miss Frye recalls what her mother had said: "Girls take after their mother, Evangeline. Men take after" what?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)