The Binnacle Boy, Chapters 1-4
• The brig Orion has left Cuba and is approaching the coast of Maine.
• Miss Evangeline Frye, a resident of New Bethany, opens her curtains at home, waiting for her maid to arrive.
• Miss Peel is late and there is a great deal of cleaning, spinning and scrubbing to do.
• Someone comes to the door; Miss Frye expects it be to Sarah, but it is Sarah's ten year old sister, Tekoa.
• Tekoa tells Miss Frye that she has come to do the work for the day because Sarah had fallen ill about the time she'd heard about the Orion.
• Tekoa says when the boat came ashore, everyone was found dead; Miss Frye's adopted son, Ethan, was aboard.
• Bells toll to mark the passing of the crew of the Orion; the crew is buried and yet the mystery remains.
• "There was no sign of scurvy...
This section contains 2,233 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)